Thursday, May 29, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 5/28/14



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 5/28/14
Heb 13:20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Everything in this world takes peace.  Thank God that we can have peace.

“Be not unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is.”  It is wonderful that God has a plan to direct us into the will of God.  He has a plan for us to get under conviction, for us to seek bible salvation, and for leading us into bible sanctification.  But it does not end there.  He has a definite plan in leading us into the will of God.

Heb 13:21  Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

The great shepherd of the sheep through the blood of the everlasting covenant make you perfect in every good work to do His will.

I have been praying, working, practicing, teaching and studying how to have the right thoughts and the right words for graduation Sunday.  God has a way of leading us and a plan in leading us into the daily will of God.

There is a vast difference between the will of God and the things of the world: the lust of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, and the pride of life.  They are a driving force.  We all have a will and a humanity.  We all have a mind and there is the thought of our flesh.  Paul helped us to know:

1Co 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

We understand the bible truth of bringing every thought into captivity.  If we don’t then our flesh will bring into our mind thoughts that will have a driving force to them.

The will of God is that which you submit to God, yield to God.  You say, “God I have these plans today.”  We need to have plans.  Every one of us needs to be active.  As we age then our lists get shorter.  It is alright to have six things on your list or three.  There is one priority and it needs to be, “God I am planning this but I want the perfect will of God.” 

I would like to get the deck cleaned off.  We have company coming from Philadelphia.  Yesterday I got a call, “Are you going to be busy on Wednesday?”  I don’t like to be a smart-aleck but I am always busy. 

They said, “We’d really like for you to come to the cemetery at 12 on Wednesday.”  I have been praying that God would help me to go to see Mrs. Damschen at just the right time.  I went and told my wife, “Don’t wait on me, this family runs on their own time and I don’t know when I’ll be back.” 

I got there and they were ready.  I went to see Mrs Damschen after that and joined in singing “I surrender all.”  God has a way of getting us where we need to be at the right time. 

I have a mind, a personality, a humanity that rushes into things, feels compelled...  God has a plan.  That plan is for you and me to realize that we have a great shepherd.  You and I know that this great shepherd is a gift from God. 

I was thinking of some marvelous gifts I have received in my life.  The greatest gift is Jesus.  When I was 12 years old on Friday night my dad and my brother Gyme walked into the house with a gift.  (We were poor.  It was a season when my dad didn’t have money for a muffler on a car.  He prayed, “God will you please help me to know how to fix that muffler without having to buy a new one.”)  They walked in and presented me with a brand new single shot 22.  It was a plan of my dad’s when his sons turned 12 to buy them a 22.

I remember one birthday after I was married to Karen when we were poor.  We couldn’t afford to buy a picture for a dollar.  I don’t know where Karen got the money; she bought me a oxford bible and a shirt and boots.  I looked at her, “How did you do this?  We are poor.”

There is something that God ordained; it is for us to have a great shepherd.  He wants to be a personal shepherd and lead you every day.  The shepherd is to make you perfect in every good work to do His will. 

You may feel inadequate, but there is a great shepherd that makes you perfect.  There is one marvelous thing, it is us coming to God and saying, “God I want to be freed from all the lusts of the flesh and pride of life.  I want to be freed from all the churning and gritting teeth.” 

Say, “God I am going to put this into your hands.  I am trusting you to help me through the blood of the Lamb to make me perfect to do your will.” 

We have commitments and places we are going to be before Labor Day.  Don’t be determined you are going to make things go the way you want.  Say, “God I want your will.  It must start with you making my heart perfect.”

Pro 18:1  Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.

We make our list and then set it aside and say, “God help me to do your will.”

Isa 40:9  O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!

In a world that is so full of darkness and so seldom has good tidings.  God has ordained that Zion be filled with angels.  Let’s make sure our atmosphere is such that the angels are welcome to come and sustain us.

I am endeavoring to grasp the account of Jacob’s ladder.  He was in dire straits.  He had not done right and was running.  Right in the midst of it he used a rock as a pillow and God gave him a dream of a ladder. 

This particular ladder goes much higher than a Ferris wheel.  There were angels coming down this ladder and there were angels going up this ladder.

I believe that there are angels coming down to you and me out of the portals of heaven.  They know what you need.  You only need one but in this dream there were many.

“Get up into the high mountain.”  Pray that I will not be satisfied with my place on the mountain.  I want to be really spiritual. 

Isa 40:10  Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.
Isa 40:11  He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Put your list where you can cover it up when you have devotions.  Shut your mind off.  I get up every morning with my mind roaring and pray, “God shut this mind off.”  The deck has to be cleaned.  Shut your mind off.  You have to get to the bank.  Shut your mind off. 

“He shall feed His flock like a shepherd.”  Everything that would churn will all pass away.  The sad thing is while things are churning then we are missing wonderful things: wonderful communing with God.  I wouldn’t have missed that communion this morning.

Joh 10:9  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Aren’t we blessed we have such a good shepherd.  He comes every morning to lead us out.

When we see people that need to get saved, the great shepherd wants to gather them.  Isn’t it wonderful that you don’t have to perish?

He will carry them in his bosom.  There is something about a little child.  They like to be close.  He said that He will carry them. 

He shall gently lead those that are with young.  Your burden is a wonderful thing.  This burden is from God.  I want you to lead me.  In order for Him to lead you, you must position yourself where all the lust of the flesh the lust of the eyes, the pride of life cannot control.  They will churn, echo, and drive.  You can silence them and say, “I am going to meet with God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment