Monday, May 26, 2014

Sister Alice Sunday School 5/25/14



Sister Alice Sunday School 5/25/14
Set our heart on the Highway, it is Christ’s way.  We have all been invited to set our heart on the highway.   To love others as we love our self is the ‘royal law’ and it encompasses the 10 commandments and the 100 others that the Jews added. 

We need to have a time in our life when we said, one eternal yes to the Word of God and to the knowledge that Jesus came and was the supreme sacrifice for our sin. 

He came as a baby, lived through the childhood, and teenage things that we do.  He suffered all of those things so that He could help us when we were in trouble.  He knows how to help us because He has been through all the turmoil that we go through.  He needed food and shelter as we do.  He had a supreme mission.  We have a supreme mission and we need to find it.

We then studied of a changed life.  After making a definite commitment to God to forgive us from our sin, we then need to get rid of our carnal nature.  After I got saved, I had some habits and character problems.  I thought that everyone should see things through my eyes.  I was impatient, and thought “Why don’t they get it?” 

The carnal nature is that nature that wants things our way even though we want to serve God.  That marvelous Spirit of God can come in and wash that out.  After being sanctified, there were times that I sat back in awe at what God did in my life.

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

The way you think, act, dress, the way you receive others thoughts.  You don’t receive others thoughts with defensiveness.  My language, my hopes, my dreams, my actions and reactions toward those around me all changed.

Gal 6:15  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.


1 comment:

  1. The Sunday school lessons are abbreviated because I am going to the rest home to pick up someone to bring to church between Sunday school and church. All you are getting is the first part of the lessons.

    ReplyDelete