Thursday, January 31, 2013

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/30/13



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/30/13
Keep me as the apple of thy eye.  We are very careful to protect our eyes.  If there is ever anything in your eye, the only thought is that, “I have to get somewhere to get this out.”

Psa 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Psa 17:9  From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

Keep yourself in the love of God.  Have that attitude, “God, please keep us as the apple of the eye is kept.”

Pro 7:1  My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.

People may make great emphasis on what they have found that is close to their heart.  If you read them, the course of thought that ran through D O Teasley’s songs was thank you God for giving me the victory and help me to keep it.

Solomon was this way, His thought was often on the son.

Pro 7:2  Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

It is a terrible thing and hard for you and I to believe, but there is a strong spirit that has destroyed the Word of God so that it is ineffective in the individual’s life.  If you talk to someone that doesn’t believe in the Word of God then it is difficult to work with them.  It is the foundation.

Pro 7:3  Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
Pro 7:4  Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

This is good instruction for a father to give His son, “Say to wisdom…”

Heb 2:1  Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
Heb 2:2  For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
Heb 2:3  How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Heb 2:4  God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Keep God, keep His word, and keep worship real.  I am not here to tell you that I know all about worship, but I thank God for what I do know about worship.  Babylon may have lots of things going on, but they don’t understand about worship.

We must worship God in Spirit and truth.  It takes training, understanding, and discipline to worship God.  The rewards are more than we can grasp in this time world.

Jas 1:21  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

Lay aside all filthiness, excess of naughtiness: probably James was giving us liberty to laugh and smile and have a good time but admonished us to know how to draw a line as to how far to take it.  He admonished us not to have a good time at the expense of our own soul or at the expense of others.

The Word of God is precious, alive, needed, real, and sought after. 

Jas 1:22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

One wouldn’t know how many, because we cannot see the hearts of men, but I believe that I am burdened for at least one man that is truly deceived.  Bro Mullen asked Brother Chancellor if a man would know if he was deceived.  Bro Chancellor just shook his head.  “That is what being deceived means, one doesn’t know.”

Jas 1:23  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24  For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

We all look into a mirror whether to see if we need to shave or because we want to wash our face if we’ve cleaned the chimney, or hauled the garbage… 

This scripture speaks as if you and I were getting ready to go somewhere and looked in the mirror and found dirt on the face so we were not prepared to be seen in public and then immediately forgot about it.

We don’t want to look into the word of God and see our self and then walk out and forget it.  We don’t want to hear a Sunday school message, the choir sing, or a message and be convicted and then walk out and forget it. 

Jas 1:25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

The Old Testament couldn’t give liberty in the thought of sins forgiven and a new creature experience. You look at the prophecies of the gospel day in the Old Testament and there is liberty in those prophecies.

Jesus said that he’d lose the prisoners and let the oppressed go free.  This perfect law of liberty, the gospel, and the inspired Word of God gives us such liberty.  The liberty to forgive:  I came across a situation that left me with my mouth opened.  Many of you know Mike whose daughter drowned on the Flathead River. 

Last week I met the mother of that little girl.  I walked down to visit with her at a grave side service.  They were standing by the stone of the daughter that had drowned.  It didn’t take me long to realize that “I have brushed a heartbreaking situation.”  I took a deep breath and asked God to help me to handle the situation right. 

Only through the perfect law of liberty can that mother find what she needs.  That was her little daughter that drowned and she has never come to terms with it.  She wrote on a card that she hoped that I’d keep in touch.  I have nothing to offer but Jesus.  But I told her emphatically that Jesus alone heals broken hearts. 

This is just one of thousands that would be in the beacon of the lighthouse of this country church.

We are blessed to know how to look into this “Perfect law of liberty.”

This translation is said to not emphasize the in-depth meaning behind the words of really looking to find that liberty.

We may realize that, “I have a certain problem with this or I have a hang up here.”  This gospel is designed to free us of all bondages.  Just because we want to be freed doesn’t mean that we have in depth sought the scriptures as to how to be freed. 

This writing has the words in it that means that you are going through a lot of effort to try to see something. 

There are some times when spiritually we must go a little bit further.  The pain is so deep, it is so engrained in us, the portion of our character that God wants us to get lined up has been with us so long, are we willing to get on two knees and adjust the glasses right so that we can see it.

If we can see it in the perfect law of liberty, then we will be so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment