Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/16/13



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/16/13
The desire to be kept: 

Studying of Solomon, his life, and the Proverbs, There are those that believe that the Proverbs were a lifelong work of Solomon.  In Proverbs chapter one Solomon had a desire to be kept.  A desire is good and important but we must have more than a desire.  People will tell you that some day they are going to get saved.  It is important that they get saved.

Pro 1:1  The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Pro 1:2  To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
Pro 1:3  To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
Pro 1:4  To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

It was his desire to be able to teach wisdom, instruction and understanding to those that didn’t have it.  Solomon started out right.  Having lived a while, this brings a seriousness to my soul.  You and I know that a lot of people have made a good start and have had good desires.  We must go past the start and the desires.

In order to be kept there are some things that wisdom, prudence, and understanding will tell us to stay away from.  There have been many good brothers and sisters that were spiritually and scripturally sound until they allowed an individual to plant seeds into their mind and they began to investigate and allow seeds to grow in their mind.  With every heresy is a false spirit.

My thought is that I want to be kept.  If I was half my age I would want to be kept and if I was in grade school with Madison I would want to be kept.

Solomon wanted to know wisdom, to have the words from God, and to know understanding.  He wanted to grasp justice and equity.  Equity means that there are not several standards for different people.  He wanted to have the attitude that this man can have God the same as that man.  (That man is worthy to have an understanding of the things of God as well as this man.)

He had a desire to teach young men about knowledge and discretion.  I like to read songs from the hymnal.  They speak to me.  I often read the songs of D.O. Teasley.  I am warned by his songs.  In His songs you can often sense a hunger for God and God working with him to try to build a defense against him being led away from God.  He wrote the song, “I will praise Him halleluiah.” 

You and I know that when he wrote this song as a brother, he had come to a crossroad and had decided that he was going to praise God.  I believe that Solomon was warned and chose right over and over again.  These young children sense that in their flesh that would draw them away and come to the altar over and over again.  They have a desire to serve God.

Solomon had a desire to receive knowledge and discretion.  Solomon may have been born about a thousand years before Christ.  He had a desire to be kept and the desire to see lives not ruined by sin.  “A wise man will hear and increase learning.”

Pro 1:5  A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Pro 7:1  My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
Pro 7:2  Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

“Keep my commandments and live and my law as the apple of thine eye.”  I had read this scripture before but never had seen it.  Solomon knew the power of the Word of God.  It doesn’t have any power unless we put it in its rightful place in our lives.  “Keep my commands and my law as the apple of thine eye.” 

The inner part of the eye is back a ways; it is covered with the eye lid, the eyelashes, and the eyebrow.  The eye is made so that if anything comes close it closes just like that.  God’s Word will keep us and it is only God that will keep us. 

It was not just Solomon that was led astray.  Men that knew God, walked with God, understood the Revelation message; men who God anointed and they preached the heavens opened have been led astray.

If we don’t labor to be kept, the enemy knows the ways to work on us.

Pro 7:3  Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
Pro 7:4  Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
Pro 7:5  That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.

If you mess with Babylon you will get tainted.  The spirit of the strange religious woman, Babylon, will do anything it can from flattery, division, hypocrisy, to pray spirits on you until you wonder “Where did this thing come from?”  We want to stay pure and we want to stay kept.

Pro 4:23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

We can choose to keep our heart full of praise and thanksgiving or we can choose to be sad all the time.  There is not one here that would not have trespasses, bruises, or disappointments that wouldn’t keep them sad the rest of their life.  But we can choose to have Jesus and have our soul saturated with God.

We could be the most unhappy individual in the world contemplating suicide because life hasn’t gone the way that they thought it would go.  Many have financial, physical, or emotional needs or are reaping for sin and want to get away from it all. 

People don’t have to be in that shape, “Keep your heart with all diligence.”

Pro 4:24  Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
Pro 4:25  Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Here I see God speaking to Solomon and to me.  Let your eyes look right on and your eyelids look straight before you.

Pro 4:26  Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

God spoke to him yet in the process of time he built places for idols to be worshipped.  I want to tell you, I want to be kept.  I want to go out a bright light serving God. 

They tell us that John the Beloved was 90 or 100 and they packed him into church but he had something to say, “Love one another and love God.”

Keep your eyes on Jesus, don’t be distracted, know what God wants you to do and know your place in the body.  I want to get back praying on this thought, “God give me another precept; I want another row of building blocks on my building in 2013.” 

I don’t want to as Cade does: the quicker the taller the better.  I am not interested in being tall quick.  I want another round of building blocks.  “Ponder the path of your feet,” don’t get off here or there.

We’ve all had the experience of going to a funeral or a wedding at Babylon, when you show up sometimes they flatter you.  Know where you came from and know where you are going.

Pro 4:27  Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.

I had an experience Monday: I was shocked to see this man that has bad spirits show up.  He was probably shocked to see me too.  He began to tell me some of the things that he could do.  He basically said, “I’d give you a gift certificate if you’ll take it.”  He put out the invitation to so-to-speak buy me. 

That guy has messed up at least one life that I know of.  He has messed up his children, his grandchildren, and yet he is wondering if I am for sale?  There is not enough money in the state of Montana, there are not enough gifts. 

There is nothing like purity and holiness.  Karen showed me an article that stated that the problem in Connecticut was that God was left out.  He has been left out of way too many things way too long.  That is the problem. 

Dear God keep me.  It doesn’t matter what is offered or who from, if it opens the door to an evil spirit, I don’t want it.  I don’t want to be rude or obnoxious but there is too much at stake, and God will give us everything that we need.

Psa 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Psa 17:9  From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

David was in a difficult situation.  There are times when all you can do is lift up your eyes and say “Keep me as the apple of your eye.”  One picture that I see is God’s hand covering us as the apple of His eye and the other is David crying out and saying, “Let me hide under the shadow of your wings.”

Stay free, don’t open the door to oppression, know your God, square your shoulders, and know what you came from and what you’ve come to.  Stand on the sea of glass.

Jud 1:1  Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

I’m so glad that we can be rid of the carnal nature.  This is to those that are sanctified, preserved, and called. 

Jud 1:2  Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
Jud 1:3  Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is an old story.  It didn’t happen just once in the world.  Jude wrote about it in AD 66. 

Jud 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

This is a wonderful privilege. 

Jud 1:22  And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Anyone that you can help God wants you to help them.

Jud 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Keep your eyes on  Jesus.  You don’t have to walk through this world afraid of falling.  He is able to keep you from falling he is able to keep you faultless.

Jud 1:25  To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment