Monday, January 14, 2013

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 1/13/13



Brother Gary Sunday Evening 1/13/13
Psa 118:1  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

I couldn’t help but think of my mother as the Kellys, of Karen’s Sunday school class, were singing.  How she would have enjoyed hearing them sing!  God looked clear down to 2014 to what His mercies would do for her family. 

Every one of us has lots of challenges, that is a part of life.  We don’t want to think that things will ever get easy in our day.  We are in challenging times because Satan is loosed from His prison.  But the mercy of God will not change.

Psa 118:4  Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.
Psa 118:5  I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.

It is wonderful that whatever we are faced with, when we call upon God, He knows how to change the circumstances that we are in and set us in a large place.  We know that King David was actually guilty of murder but he knew how to repent, how to clear himself, and get right with God.

For every one of us it is better to trust in the Lord.

Psa 118:8  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Psa 118:9  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
Psa 118:10  All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them.
Psa 118:11  They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.
Psa 118:12  They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.

No matter what you face, remember God.  When you take things into your own hands, you limit the God of Israel.  When everything is turned adverse about you, trust in the Lord your God.

Psa 118:13  Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me.
Psa 118:14  The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation.

Even the young full of strength will get tired.  When God renews our strength the challenge is to keep focused and use our strength to be used of Him.

Psa 118:15  The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.
Psa 118:16  The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly.

Valiantly – given courage to do what is right in every situation. 

Psa 118:19  Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
Psa 118:20  This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
Psa 118:21  I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
Psa 118:22  The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Isn’t it an amazing thing?  It is totally shocking and a visual of what unbelief and rebellion will do:  I think of the literal Jews of Jesus day, the religious people of the day.  They rejected Jesus, the very one that would do exceedingly abundantly above all they could ask.  I think of all the prophecies of Jesus, His power and interest in individuals.  Because of unbelief and rebellion and because it wasn’t how they wanted it to be they rejected Jesus.

This didn’t stop Jesus.  Among the things that I battle is the fear of rejection.  I know that it is totally ridiculous, but each of us has battles.  They rejected Jesus and what an example he was and is to me.  That didn’t stop Him; He went right on doing what He was called to do. 

This stone that they rejected became and is the chief corner stone.  Millions of lives have built from Him and enjoyed the beauty of His presence and His anointing. 

We have this same marvelous privilege; He is just the same today.  He was rejected by them, but we can open our hearts and lives and say, “He is the chief cornerstone.”

Psa 118:23  This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
Psa 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

David was looking out to that Gospel Day but you and I can rejoice in this day.  This is the Gospel Day.  Thank God we have those building blocks, the precepts and convictions of the Word of God, to build our life with.

Psa 118:25  Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.

Help me to prosper in my soul as a watered garden.  To prosper in my spiritual life to know that God not only can move mountains but He will move mountains.

Lydia heard the word of God and God opened her heart.  God knows how to open hearts today. This is prosperity:  when God opens hearts to hunger and thirst after Him. 

The world will make its call for our affection.  How unsatisfying is what the world offers souls!  Open your heart to prosperity.

Psa 118:26  Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

Blessed are those that come in the name of the Lord.

He has showed us light, bind this sacrifice to the altar.

Psa 118:27  God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.

I will serve thee because I love thee.  I will serve thee because you bought me with a price, because you created me.  You have blessed me, I will serve thee, and I want to give back to you.  You have shown such mercy to me. 

God has showed us light.  Are not you glad.

David dealt with the horns of the altar, “I’m going to get this sacrifice bound with cords of the altar so that it cannot get up and run off.”  There is something that is stronger than cords and that is your vows.

Psa 118:28  Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
Psa 118:29  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment