Monday, April 4, 2016

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 3/30/16



This was perhaps the last song that Jesus and His disciples sang after they had eaten.

Psa 118:1  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.

Psa 118:2  Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

Psa 118:3  Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever.

Psa 118:4  Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever.



We truly thank God for His mercy.

Psa 118:5  I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place.



We as Americans are taught that as such we should be able to be a doctor or a lawyer if we want to be, have nice homes and everything that we want.  There has never been a time in my life where the nation has been so troubled and there is trouble on every side.

There has never been a time when we as the church have been more in a battle and under attack.  The enemy would like us to be all caught up in our own little world where we don’t know any troubles or sickness or trial but our own, all caught up in the self-life.

Babylon has a big time playing church and getting bigger crowds than ever.  All the time they are fighting bible salvation, sanctification, modesty, and don’t even consider a come-out message. 

We are blessed to be church of God.  We need to remember that the devil will do everything that he can to distress you, cause you anxiety, troubles, and spiritual battles.  You wake in the night with your mind just engulfed in a battle. 

Don’t let the internet rob you spiritually.  Make sure you give prayer, study, and visitation at least equal time to that. 

There will be severe battles.  We live in a world that is morally corrupt.  The parents have a great challenge to keep their children innocent.  The world starts young offering children all sorts of things.  There can be a struggle, “Can I play or do I have to go to church?”  Church is what you need. 

When you feel a battle get ahold of God.

We will never gain spiritual ground on easy ground.  We need to have a burden.  “God, I am going to do my best to pray, study, and be my best for service.”  We are in a spiritual battle, but the wonderful thing is, is that the church will be victorious.

Every one of us needs to have it determined: “I am going to grow.  I am going through the battle without complaining.”  Everyone here has some family and there will be tough times in every family.  We know what it is to have battles, to be heartbroken, to be disappointed. 

When anyone chooses to be rebellious it is extremely painful for you and me.  We can feel so bad or we can say, “God, this is what you have chosen to make me a bigger person.  Help me to unload what I need to unload.  Help me to get past myself, draw close to God, and let you lead me into a larger place.”

Psa 118:6  The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?



Jesus was facing Gethsemane and the cross.  He was facing rejection.  Rejection is hard for me, whether it is family, friend, or stranger.  Jesus knew rejection.  The very ones that He had counted on forsook him according to the scripture.  Yet God was on His side.  God stood by Him. 

We need one another.  We need the body of Christ.  We need to not be, “I am going to do my own thing.”  Anything that we get done for God will be because we have the body helping us.

“The Lord is on my side…”

Psa 118:7  The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

Psa 118:8  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Psa 118:9  It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.



Remember this!

Psa 118:18  The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.



None of us likes to be chastened, but it always brings rejoicing to our heart.  “I am sorry that you had to get after me, but that means that I am still your son.”

Psa 118:19  Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:



“God, close any gate that you want to, but open the gate of righteousness.”

Psa 118:20  This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.

Psa 118:21  I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.

Psa 118:22  The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.



Jesus as the chief corner stone, after the ordinances, they sang these hymns.  This hymn was speaking of Him.  “That which they rejected, has become the chief cornerstone for you and me to build from and for you and me to build the back wall of what we are not going back to ever.

Psa 118:23  This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

Psa 118:24  This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.



They may have sung this song, but I am convicted of the beauty of it telling of Jesus and telling how this was God’s doing.

We will rejoice and be glad in it!

Psa 118:26  Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.



In Matthew 21:19 Jesus rode into Jerusalem and they were saying, “Hosanna to the highest.”  They were making an exclamation of adoration. 

The two Mary’s held Jesus by the feet.  This Easter experience is so full of life.  Those sisters holding Jesus by the feet were worshipping Him.  He has been wonderful. 

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.



Marvelous things are in store.  Stay true to God at any cost!

Psa 118:27  God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.



Aren’t you glad for every time that God convicts you? 

Isn’t wonderful to have it settled, “I am a living sacrifice by choice?  He forgave me of all my committed sins, I came back and presented my body a living sacrifice, He sanctified my nature and I come back and bind my sacrifice with cords to the altar.”

No one will ever treat you as good as Jesus.  When the world bids for your adoration and affection, don’t let them have it.  The world will try to take you and then you will be just theirs for as long as they want you. 

Jesus is just the opposite.  On that altar of sacrifice, I am His.  I have made my choice.  I give myself back to Him, my time, my abilities, and all those things.

Psa 118:28  Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

Psa 118:29  O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.



Thank God we can worship tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment