Friday, April 29, 2016

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 4/24/16



Tonight definitely beyond a shadow of a doubt, God has a field of labor and calling for every one.  He has a definite work for us to do. 

We refuse to be Laodicean, we refuse to take the mountain of the world: “I am so busy.”  You talk to people and all they can talk about is all that is going on and how busy they are.  They miss the best things of life: of laying aside things to be in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day.  

A lady, unknown to me that I will probably never see again, asked me to make an expression to the church.  “What a welcome to come across the river and see such a beautiful church.”  May God visit her and she realize that the emptiness in her life can only be filled with the reality of the Lord Jesus Christ and by finding how to be in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day.

Joh 4:35  Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.



We think of harvest time as down the road sometime.  The beets will be ready fifty days after we plant them but they are not planted yet.  We think at times, “I am not sure this is the right time to work with souls.”  When you know your field then it is the right time.  The bible teaches us to not procrastinate in being prepared.  In Matthew, Jesus taught us of those that knew the Lord’s will and failed to do it. 

I mentioned my sister that is long in eternity this morning.  On one of the last phone calls I told her that she needed to pray, to get saved, and to leave a testimony to her children that she had a changed life.  She and I grew up in the same house, we went to the same church.  We sang the same choruses as children. 

She chose to choose her own way.  You talk about sad stories.  No one will be the exception.  Sin is terrible.

Here Jesus chose to pass through Samaria.  As He was passing through He thirsted.  He sat down by a well and a lady came.  The commentaries will lead you to believe that this lady was not a very good lady.  Whether or not she was virtuous, she needed a savior. 

We are not going to choose our field of labor.  We need to let God choose it.  We need to have it settled, “I am going to be true to you, God.  I am not going to be distracted by fear, fearing those that are morally corrupt or fearing to speak to the banker or the superintendent.”

Jesus sat down and this lady came.  He made an expression and she said, “How is it that you ask a Samaritan for water?  The Jews have no dealing with the Samaritans.”  The Samaria was a country that worshipped Baal.  Jezebel made it a center of worshipping Baal.

If you and I don’t take the gospel to individuals, their lives are very empty.  This lady said, “How is it that you are asking me for water?”  Jesus said, “If thou knewest the gift of God you would have asked and I would give, living water.” 

Then the question of worship came up.  “Where should we worship?”  Jesus is a marvelous teacher; the Holy Ghost is a marvelous teacher.  If God has given you a field to work in then Jesus and the Holy Spirit will teach you how to labor in that field. 

 Where to worship? 

Joh 4:19  The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.

Joh 4:20  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

Joh 4:21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Joh 4:22  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Joh 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.



I am going to be in spirit in prayer, in worship.  We must worship God in sprit so that we have something more than just talent.  There is a difference between religious entertainment and the Spirit of God that brings conviction. 

When we go into that field to work, we are not going in there to make friends.  But we should be the friendliest people.  We are working for eternal purposes.  The only way that we can be prepared is in the Spirit of God and in truth.  Truth draws the line between being religious; and saved sanctified and serving God.

Sometimes I think of the thought when I am having devotions, “The Father is waiting for people to worship God in Spirit.” 

After this discourse, the lady went to tell others what she had found.  Then the disciples came and said, “Master eat.”  He made a profound statement, “I have meat to eat that you know not of.”  Working with a soul will do for you what nothing else will do.

Joh 4:31  In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat.

Joh 4:32  But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

Joh 4:33  Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat?

Joh 4:34  Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Joh 4:35  Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.



I believe there is a field of labor for each one, you will know it because God will witness to your heart, “This is what I want you to do.”

Joh 4:36  And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.



Lay-up treasure in heaven.  One soul, one little boy, one little girl… Where you ought to go is on your knees before God.  Most of us live in a little circle and we don’t want to get out of that circle.  They are comfortable.  The people there actually expect you to come.

“I shake and tremble to go there.”  That is what this is all about.  You say, “I wait for someone to call.”  Unless God gives you the ministry of the telephone, that wastes your time.  You are on a religious mountain that you have chosen that makes you feel good.

Lift your eyes, get them off of yourself, off of your circle, off of your comfort zone.  If you have never been an alcoholic then tell the alcoholic what God did for Brother Simcox.  You say, “I could never deal with someone that messes with drugs; that makes me nervous.”  God delivers people from being drug addicts. 

I have faith that God can deliver the drunkard.  You don’t need to fear anything.  God is God.  You say,

“I would be hesitant to talk to any woman because I am a man.  How big is your God?  I settled it a long time ago that I am going to stay clean before God.  I can pick up a woman that is walking in the rain and give her a ride and stay clear before God. 

We have one interest, souls being saved, sanctified, and delivered from the enemy.  I want to see children in Sunday school and in vacation bible school.  I want to see children under the gospel.

We don’t know who sowed seed before us in a soul’s life.  We don’t know who tried to steer them toward truth.  We are not the one to decide where to work.  We are not trying to move in on anyone else, we want to see souls saved. 

Joh 4:37  And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

Joh 4:38  I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours.



If we are in the Spirit of God then worship will be wonderful.  If we are caught up on another mountain, there are a lot of mountains other than Mount Zion.  If you are caught up elsewhere then you will never bring something of value to the church of God.  It takes a lot of labor and prayer to receive something from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment