Monday, June 9, 2014

Brother Gyme Sunday School 6/8/14



Brother Gyme Sunday School 6/8/14
Jas 1:1  James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

James may have been a cousin or a brother to Jesus, but he called himself, “a servant of God.”  People get caught up in details that are not important.  We don’t want to do this but focus on what is important.  We want to be as James was “a servant of God.”

Jas 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

We are going to be tempted with various temptations.  “Count it all joy.”  That is a challenge when we are tempted or going through things to count it joy.  We will see why he says this.

Temptations are a putting to proof.  They are there to prove us to God.  It also proves it to you.  It helps you know, “Hey I do have this settled.”   We have all gone through where we have failed in a temptation and come back and say, “I’m sorry God and I’m going to grow.”  Then we grow. 

Jas 1:3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

Trying means testing of your faith:  Faith is a moral conviction of religious truth or the truthfulness of God especially reliance upon Christ. 

The trying of your faith works patience.  Patience means cheerful endurance.  These hard times are to help us to have endurance to be able to get through, steadfast cheerful endurance. 

Worketh means to accomplish.  The trying of our faith is to accomplish patience, cheerful endurance. 

I need reminded sometimes when I’m in the tough times that it is for my good.  My new job is challenging.  Everyone there is focused on me as I put catheters in the heart.  I am in the middle and the focus is on me.  

There is criticism so that I can learn.  If I submit to it then it will help me to grow.  It is the same spiritually.  It is not to beat us down but to help us to improve. 

Not everyone in the world knows how to teach in a kind way, but God knows how to teach us.  He knows just how much fire to put on and how to teach us according to the Word of God.

Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Knowing that tribulation works patience:  The answers don’t come right away all the time.  The waiting on God, keep trusting God, “God I know that you are going to do what your Word says.”  That is patience working. 

A year is not a long time for God.  His time is perfect.  The end is not the goal so much with God.  It is the process as we are going through.  God is more interested in us in the daily than the thought of reaching a certain spot.

The thought is to let go and let God, to trust Him.

Sister Brenda: God has such a good record.  We have proved Him time and again.  Our trials and temptations are not new.  We know what He has done in the past.  “Remember this time and that time when God came through.” 
We know that if we serve Him that He will help us.  I say to God, “I know that you are going to help me with this.  I don’t know what to do or even the right thing to do.”  This gives me confidence when I go through a hard place in life. 
Sister Vi: I was thinking of Jeremiah when I was going through a hard place.  They let him down with ropes into a pit and his feet were in mire.  He was in a hopeless situation.  But God had prepared a man up on the ground to help him. 
God comes through for us.
Joseph was just but it would have been easy for him to get discouraged.  God was preparing him to save his family in the famine and to be in a place of leadership. 

This is true in any job.  There are no shortcuts to experience.  We see where we want to be but there is no shortcut to being fully trained.  There are no shortcuts to having it all together.  We have to go through some things and sometimes they are hard and we don’t have them all together. 

Everything that God puts in our pathway is designed to help us, not destroy.  They are designed to better us and get us through to the goal.  It is designed to prepare us for what He has for us. 

There are some hard things in life.  One of the hardest things that I went through was when my parents passed away.  I learned some things through that.  God was there to help us and it was there to better us.

Brother Bill - Chambers said that it is the refining in-between pt A and pt B, it is the work that is being done, that is the goal.  The things that we learn by what we go through will stick with us the rest of our lives. 
I remember spending time on my knees before God and the storm raging.  I cried out to God, “Your word says… no matter if I get an outward demonstration or not, I believe what your word says.”  It came to me then, “according to your faith so be it.”
He comforts us so that we can comfort.

Not only do we benefit from it but we can edify and help others.  Once we go through something then we can more than sympathize.  We can empathize.  We understand on a whole new level. 

Brother Bill will have a burden for that man being falsely accused because he knows down inside, “That was really tough.”  He can bring that burden to God and to the saints like no one else.

Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

It can be tough in this situation but the Bible says, “Blessed.”  If all talk well of you then the bible says that that is not good.

Act 5:41  And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Php 2:16  Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.
Php 2:17  Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.
Php 2:18  For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

Jas 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Jas 1:3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

The trying of our faith works patience.

Jas 1:4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Jas 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Perfect work is a complete work. 

Wisdom :
1) wisdom, broad and full of intelligence; used of the knowledge of very diverse matters
1a) the wisdom which belongs to men
1a1) spec. the varied knowledge of things human and divine, acquired by acuteness and experience, and summed up in maxims and proverbs
1a2) the science and learning
1a3) the act of interpreting dreams and always giving the sagest advice
1a4) the intelligence evinced in discovering the meaning of some mysterious number or vision
1a5) skill in the management of affairs
1a6) devout and proper prudence in intercourse with men not disciples of Christ, skill and discretion in imparting Christian truth
1a7) the knowledge and practice of the requisites for godly and upright living
1b) supreme intelligence, such as belongs to God
1b1) to Christ
1b2) the wisdom of God as evinced in forming and executing counsels in the formation and government of the world and the scriptures

When we come to God we must believe.  We have proven Him over and over.  We can look back and see how He has come through over and over again.

Brother Jim: Upbraideth means that He will not make fun of you or think that your question is silly.  You want to know the steps there so that you get it right.  He’s not going to belittle you.  He wants you to have that wisdom. 
He’ll not just give you a little bit but liberally.  You have not because you ask not.  I am big on asking, “Where is this or that?”  God wants to help us.  He has everything the best for you. 
He is not an angry God but wants what is best for you.  He made us, just like if you raise a child and they do well, you are proud of them. 
What is man that God is mindful of them?  That was His plan.  We have a spiritual and a natural body.  God wants to see us grow.  He wants to feed us and to help us.  We are his children and are made in His image.  He wants to help us.  It kills us to see young people going through a divorce.  Why?  They don’t have to.  His help is right there for us if we will just ask. 
Communication on a job there has to be really good communication.  If not then over and over there is misunderstanding.  If there is a miscommunication even among ourselves then we need to go and “Did I get this right?”  Get it out so that something doesn’t start working that shouldn’t be.

With God we need to get it straight so that we get it right.  He wants to communicate with us and He loves to hear from us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment