Thursday, September 24, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 9/23/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 9/23/15
Isa 43:5  Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
Isa 43:6  I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
Isa 43:7  Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

For I have created thee for my glory:  As I worked through this week, the Spirit of God worked on my heart with thoughts on the line that God’s desire is that you and I be created for Him as a vessel unto honor. 

We come before God and are exhorted to come boldly before the throne of grace.  We have family and friends that are in dire straits and need help from God.  We often find ourselves pleading with God for mercy, and pleading with God for our own need of grace and strength. 

The thought came very strong to me as I went about this week: there are some things that only an earthen vessel that is a vessel unto honor can give to God.

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

This treasure is Jesus Christ, light, and faith. 

2Ti 2:21  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

There are things that we must be purged from.  The scripture teaches us that we are the sheep of His pasture.  The prophecy tells us that Jesus will be there with a fan in His hand.  All those things that we have in our human flesh, natural man, carnality or whatever, God is going to fan.  He wants a man to thoroughly purge his floor.

1Pe 2:8  And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

To some, Jesus is the stone of stumbling.  Anytime you see someone in sin you wonder why they stay there.  It is a terrible place to be.  They don’t want to hear the message that strait is the gate and narrow the way.

We sang the song, “Salvation is the sweetest thing.”  It is the sweetest thing.  It is far above anything that the world has to offer. 

May we ever remember that it is disobedience that brings people to the distance that Jesus is the stone of stumbling and the rock of offence.

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

We can be like the newspaper: “Where is the good news?”  We can be cumbered down.  It is not wrong to be heavy burdened.  If you are interceding and heavy burdened for someone then we are 100% behind you. 

It is only earthen vessels that have been saved, sanctified, and cleansed that can be filled with praise.  “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”

We have every reason to be heavy burdened.  When Abraham visited with the two angels and God that were on their way to Sodom, there were heavy burdens.  Sodom was very bad. 

You that are around the Public School System can tell me terrible stories of children that are emotionally disturbed.  You that work in the facilities can tell me of those that say, “How come I am here?  No one wants me.”  Babies are born into this world unwanted.  It is a terrible situation.  This God sent His only begotten Son that we could be saved. 

My life would be terribly messed up, if I was still alive and had not given my life to Jesus Christ.  He did a marvelous work.  You will notice that it shows a plural form of generations.  How we need one another lifting us up in prayer and encouraging us.

We really need God, but remember that we are one of a body, a chosen generation.  You may come in with a heavy burden.  We know burdens.  If someone has a burden if they are living in reality at all, they will show it.  We have a God that said, “You are a chosen generation.”  We will not always be in the burden.  There is nothing impossible with God.  Get ahold of God. 

No one that has identity with reality doesn’t realize that “My burdens need miracles from God.”

Karen and I have a burden that we can tell no one.  It is heavy.  My heart was heavy all day and all night carrying this burden.  You can only bear it so long and God says, “You have had an agreement of prayer, you have believed God.  You have claimed that scripture, “With God nothing shall be impossible.  If thou canst believe then nothing shall be impossible.””

Isn’t it awesome that you and I can enter into the Holiest of Holies and commune with God?  “How amiable are thy tabernacles.”  When I begin thinking of the brazen altar, the place where my sins were washed away and begin working to the Holiest of Holies where God met with Moses! 

A holy nation: this shows me, “I need YOU.”  Without your help my burdens will be so heavy that I won’t have any praise.  In the Body of Christ we see the storm in reality and we see the storm from the other side.

Called you out of darkness:  isn’t it wonderful to be out of darkness, to know where you are going? “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,” and shines out there so that when the decision comes the Word of God shines, “Always go right, never leave the path.”

1Pe 2:10  Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

When the Jews rejected Jesus it opened the way that we Gentiles could be saved.  But that alone didn’t save us.  Thank God because of Jesus and His blood we can be saved.

1Pe 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

I worshipped this week with the song by D.S. Warner, “I have found it Lord in thee, an everlasting store of comfort, joy, and bliss to me…”

Brother D.S. Warner preached in the 1800’s.  In the third verse it says, “My foolish soul had thought to fill itself with mold.” 

It is ruining America.  Isn’t it sad how people think that things will satisfy?  “Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.”  You need food, a car, a house and shelter.  Way back in Brother Warner’s life the enemy held out this thing of filling himself with mold. 

We are really blessed to have one another. 

We have all had the experience of being around people that say, “This summer we hope to build our vacation home on Lake Pend Oreille.  It is just going to be a small home with 4000 square feet. There will only be 7 bathrooms and a manicured lawn.”  We begin to look about and see that we live in a house with slanted floors… The thought that prosperity brings happiness?  It doesn’t.

There was a man that lived across from the Fair Grounds.  He came to Montana and became wealthy.  Brother Sheppard talked to him about getting saved and he thought that it wasn’t for him right now. 

When I went to visit him, He brought out his book to show me his successes.  He had the best of everything.  His sheep were better than anyone else’s and his barn.  He didn’t go for Walmart things.  He told me it didn’t satisfy.  He sold that for a house in the Bitterroot.  His things didn’t make him happy.  Last I heard he was a sick man. 

1Pe 2:12  Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment