Thursday, September 3, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 9/2/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 9/2/15
2Ti 2:22  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Flee youthful lusts.  Escape all that is in the world: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.  It is an escape when we escape them.  The cares of life can be overwhelming. 

We were without an oven for months.  We shook our head, “What is wrong with this stove.”  We turned the power off and tried again, and again, and then tried something else.  A man told us he would come and fix it for about a thousand dollars.  We told him to not order the part. 

If you eat spelt bread and you live in Paradise Montana then you need an oven; bad.  “What is going to happen tomorrow?” 

The lust of the eyes.  I am not impressed with all the new things that are coming out, the clothes and other things.  But I like to see scenery.  I like to see the garden.  I like to see a weed less garden. 

May God help us to escape.  We could talk strong to the children tonight.  That would be fine as long as you talk gentle, but the message is to all of us: escape.

But follow righteousness: press forward to righteousness.  “I am going to do what is right.  I am going to be pleasing to God.”  Follow righteousness and follow faith.

It is vital that my faith doesn’t fail.  It is vital that your faith doesn’t fail.  Paul wrote of those that put away faith and made shipwreck.

Follow faith, charity, and peace.

I think of how gentle God has been with me on my journey.  For many years He has been so kind to me on the wheel.  I am so happy.

2Ti 2:24  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

Be gentle to all men apt to teach: No one can teach me anything if they have an attitude of superiority or, “I know everything and how come you are so stupid?” 

I am told that in order to teach, you have to love to teach and you have to love those that you are endeavoring to teach.  This scripture says, “Oh Timothy, be apt to teach and be patient.” 

It is vital that we know how to bring something and to realize that the first time through will not always be as a divine revelation to everyone.  Brother Emmerson Wilson said that you have to hear something seven times. 

I don’t know all that but I know that it has to be presented, and presented, and as it is presented you see the beauty of it more and more and more.

2Ti 2:25  In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26  And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

If snare can be a nugget this was a nugget to me.  “That they may recover themselves out of the snare.”

It is a sad thing; we live in a world of scammers.  I seldom read Dear Abby or much of the paper.  My mind cannot be filled with too much or I cannot handle it.  I read some of Dear Abby at the suggestion of Karen.  Some guy had figured out a way to scam some woman.  It was terrible. 

When I think of the snares that people fall in it is unbelievable.  When the enemy gets a toe hold in an individual life and makes them think that they can live less than the Bible teaches then it is a snare to them.

We are not putting more on any anyone than what the bible teaches.  People get into the mode, “I could never live it.”  What makes them think that?  If we have the God of all eternity, we can live it.

We are a servant.  Part of being a servant is to not be full of strife but to be gentle and then to have thought, “I want to teach.  I want to teach this individual how wonderful it is to be saved, sanctified and serving God.”

We are working with individuals that have been snared by the enemy.  A snare is never out in the open declaring what it is but is always covered up.  Then people become ensnared.

2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The word of God to study:

2Ti 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God wants your earthen vessel filled with what is His choice.  I really like chocolate and dark chocolate almonds are some of my favorite.  In that cabinet under where we store the bread, there is a drawer that opens and I like to keep dark chocolate almonds in a little jar there.  It is a good vessel for them.

This butter dish is not a good vessel for dark chocolate almonds.  You and I need to know what to be full of so we can be thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Rom 15:29  And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

I desired for the Figeroas to come to a congregation that was ready and had the fullness of Christ in our earthen vessel.  Those that are going to the Carmichael meeting, my thought is that you go in the fullness of the blessing.

There is a God in heaven that knows how to fill us.  He has designed that we have of His fullness.  Whoever would have been desired to be at the meeting, it is good for Carmichael to want them, but unless they come with the fullness of the blessing, he is just an earthen vessel part full or empty.

Paul was desirous and said, “I am sure that when I come I will come in the fullness of blessing.” 

We want to give our best in the House of God.  We want these saints that go to go in the fullness of the blessing, but for those of us that don’t go, we want to come in here full of the blessing of the Gospel of Christ.

Eph 1:15  Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
Eph 1:16  Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
Eph 1:17  That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Pray first for yourself that you will be filled with His wisdom and the revelation of the knowledge of Him.  He didn’t save and sanctify us to leave us empty. 

Oh how we need the wisdom and the revelation of God!

Eph 1:18  The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Eph 1:19  And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

God wants you to be filled with the believing of the greatness of His power. 

Eph 1:20  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

There are things that you and I are praying about that are all set to go the wrong way.  Help me in my mind to realize that Christ is far above all principalities, power, might, and dominion and every name that is named.  If you know someone that feels that they are really in control, there is a name above theirs.

Jesus is over all things to the church.  It is He alone that is able to fill all in all.

Eph 1:22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Don’t fall under any accusations if there are times when you feel that you are not as full as you should be.  When you feel that life has left you empty, when you feel that your mind has warred against you until you feel the joy of the Lord has drained out, know how to get filled.  God wants us full of that which He wants to fill us with.

I am thrilled that every one of us are as earthen vessels cleansed, purged, set apart, and escaped from the world.  We have followed righteousness, faith, charity, and peace.  I am convinced that He wants to fill these earthen vessels with the fullness of Himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment