Monday, September 14, 2015

Brother Bill Sunday School 9/13/15

Brother Bill Sunday School 9/13/15
Salvation to both the Jews and the Gentiles:  it seems that there is a movement today where people think that we will go back to the Jews being God’s people. 

According to the scripture:  He came unto His own and His own received Him not.  Not all of them, but the Jewish nation as a whole rejected God.  This opened the door that all men could be saved.  Jews and Gentiles can be saved. 

This is why we are here today.  I am half Italian I am not sure what nationalities make up the other half.  If salvation was just to one type of people, we would not know if we could be included or not.  According to the scripture, all can be saved.

Rom 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
Rom 15:9  And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
Rom 15:10  And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
Rom 15:11  And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
Rom 15:12  And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

The Gentiles is a term for anyone that is not a Jew.  Even in the Old Testament time before the New Covenant experience there were prophecies pointing to a better time where others would be included in the plan of God’s salvation. 

Even those of us that are Gentiles can trust in God.

Isa 56:1  Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed.
Isa 56:2  Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.

To those that serve God, blessed is that man. 

Isa 56:3  Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
Isa 56:4  For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:5  Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off.

I think of this as, “We are the strangers and the eunuchs.”  We are not separated from the people of God any more.  We can be joined unto the Lord.

We are given a name better than of sons and daughters.  If you have a son or daughter that is not serving God or living honorably.  You are disappointed in them.  The children of Israel were His people.  They were His sons and daughters, but He was disappointed in them.

Because we can truly live for God and not just have a title of serving God, you can have it to where He can rejoice in you.  We have a name better than just having a title.  We not only are sons and daughters, but we have God’s admiration and God’s joy.  We have a name better than of sons and daughters.

God has made a way in this new dispensation of time that we can be washed of our sins and He enables us: “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God.”

Now we can live it.  If we will humble ourselves before God, realize our need of God, seek His face every day, God will help us to walk this way so that we can have a name that is better than sons or daughters.

Isa 56:6  Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant;
Isa 56:7  Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

By this New Covenant experience, we as Gentiles have the door opened to us that we can be saved.  By getting saved and having God help us, our offerings of prayer and of praise are acceptable to Him.

I have had a teacher at the school tell me when another employee didn’t act in a way that is proper yet claimed to be saved.  Another teacher said, “That is not right for them to act that way.”  Even those in the world without a profession know some things. 

By having the true experience of salvation, you can have the offering of your praise and prayer be accepted. 

Isa 56:8  The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

We are those that are gathered unto Him. 

Everyone has the same access to live this way.  We must all come the same way; we can all be a part and have the blessings.  It doesn’t matter your lineage or if you are male or female, we are all the same.  There is no respecter of persons with God. 

We have a God that we can all be accepted of.  Every one of us can be saved.

Isa 61:4  And they shall build the old wastes, they shall raise up the former desolations, and they shall repair the waste cities, the desolations of many generations.
Isa 61:5  And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the alien shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.
Isa 61:6  But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves.

Strangers shall feed your flocks, the sons of the alien:  what I think of that is the Gentiles.  This does not exclude the Jews. That is not the meaning of this message.  Of those that are not of the Jewish lineage, there will be those that will stand, and feed your flocks; they shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

The saints will get up and testify, they will bring a scripture that is good to them.  It will be good to you.  We are eating the riches of the Gentiles.  This is all to bring about how these scriptures have been fulfilled in our time. 

It talks of the mystery:  it talks of how there were prophets and people of old that saw things in the scriptures that told them of a better way than was theirs in the Old Testament time.  We are able to comprehend and see this now because it has come to pass.

They looked at the scripture and thought, “I wonder what they are talking about.”  We know.  We have seen these scriptures come to play in our life.

Isa 65:1  I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
Isa 65:2  I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

The gentiles originally didn’t ask for Him.  In verse two, it says, “I stretched out my hand all the day to a rebellious people.”  Jesus, in the Gospels, said, “Jerusalem, how oft would I have gathered you as a hen doth her chicks and you would not, behold your house is left to you desolate.”

God would reach out time and again to the children of Israel and they would rebel and then trouble would come and they would get back and then rebel again.

He made a way in the Gospel Day that people could really be saved.  In the Old Testament time they tried to keep the Word of God in their own strength.  When Jesus came he said, “I will put my New Covenant in their heart and their mind.” 

It is not us now trying to do things on the outside, straining to do the things of God.  Now it is on the inside. 

I still remember before I got saved, and I am thankful to have this experience so I know that is the way it works.  When God was drawing on my heart, I was trying to clean up my act.  I was ignorant in the things of God.  I tried but it didn’t work. 

I remember being down in the library and someone crossed me and I hauled off and punched him right in front of the teachers and everyone else.  The story of my life was trouble. 

When I got saved, several weeks after I came to the realization, “I am not doing these things anymore.”  It was because He put that New Covenant experience in my life.

Isa 65:3  A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
Isa 65:4  Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;

This is the way that the Jewish nation was.  They were God’s people by name only, but on the inside they were pretty dirty. 

Isa 65:5  Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

That is how the Jewish nation was, because they were termed Jews, God was their God.  Even when they were not doing right they could always go back to, “We are the children of God.”

These are a smoke to my nose:  It was an irritation to God. 

Isa 65:6  Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,
Isa 65:7  Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.


Eph 3:6  That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Now, in this new dispensation of time, it is not the Gentiles coming to the Jews.  Nor is it the Jews comeing to the Gentiles.  Now those that repent and get saved all come to Christ. 

The Jews are not the center point any more.  You will see the whole mode of the scriptures is such that it is a personal relationship with God.

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All have sinned.  Forget about the nations now.  Now we are talking about everyone: all have sinned.

Gal 3:22  But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

He has commanded all men, no matter their nationality to repent.

Rom 2:4  Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
Rom 2:5  But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6  Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8  But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Rom 2:9  Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
Rom 2:10  But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
Rom 2:11  For there is no respect of persons with God.

To those that serve God, honor and eternal life are given.  To those that don’t, wrath and tribulation.  There is no respecter of persons with God.

2Co 5:14  For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15  And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

We were all dead.  He died for all, and we are to live unto Him.  The Jewish nation doesn’t believe in Jesus as the Son of God.  They need to get to the place where they live unto Him.

1Co 12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

You see the evenness now?  It is not one nation above the other anymore.  The requirement and the benefit is to all of us. 

Rom 10:12  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Act 20:21  Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Jn 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.



No comments:

Post a Comment