Sunday, October 13, 2013

Brother Bill Wednesday Evening 10/9/13



Brother Bill Wednesday Evening 10/9/13
Psa 34:1  A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

We really have reason to give thanks to God. We are in a win, win situation. 

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

God is worthy to be praised.  We have a God that will take care of His own.  God will take care of His children that live for Him.  We are in a good spot because we have God.  All things work to good to them that love God. 

When things come that seem to throw a curve ball in our life.  When we are doing our best to be good workers and operate as a proper citizen and have things in order as much as we are aware of.  When things come our way and we think, “I really don’t have this coming to me.” 

You are doing all you know to do and something comes against you that doesn’t seem in the human eyes as justice still the Word of God says, “All things work together for good to them that love God.”

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

If we rely on our own strength we will be a failure.  I have been endeavoring to serve God for many years, but as long as I’ve been around I always need God.  I never get to the place where I am sufficient of myself.  If God doesn’t help me I will make a mess of things.

We have this treasure in an earthen vessel subject to failure but with God we don’t have to fail.

2Co 4:8  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Perplexed means we are in a quandary.  We may not know how to handle things or what to do.  Despair means altogether without help or means.  There are times we are in perplexing situations but we are not without help or means.  We have God to be a help to us.  No matter who we are in God’s kingdom or what we are going through, we are not without help. 

I will bless the Lord at all times.  He and we have things to bless God for.  We are in a win, win situation.

2Co 4:9  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

God will not forsake his own.  We can go through hard times but through His help it doesn’t have to take us away from God.

2Co 4:10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

We will go through trials but if we go through them with God’s help we will be made more like Jesus.  This is what we desire.  In our prayer we say, “Oh God help me to be more like You.  Help me to go up the ladder higher.”  He is helping us.

2Co 4:11  For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

We bear about our trials that come our way so that the life of Jesus may be manifest in us.  So that we may be more like Him.

2Co 4:15  For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

Sometimes you may think, you may go through some stressful situations in your mind, turmoils that you did not feel that you had coming to you.  Again, all things are for your sakes.

God help us to go through things right so that we can be as good a testimony as we ought to be.  God help us to go through things in such a way that God gets glory out of it.

2Co 4:16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
2Co 4:17  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

In the light of the whole picture, it is just a light affliction.  It is just for a moment.  The trials will pass. 

2Co 4:18  While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

You can look at the things that are seen, the present distress, whatever you may be going through, the temporal thing that you can see.  Some of the things that are not seen is that God will take care of his own. 
The present distress can make things look really dark.  That which is unseen is what we know.  God is going to take care of you, no matter what goes on, on the outside. 

Remember that this Word of God will not fail.  It will stand the test.  You can rely on it.  We have a God that cannot lie and will keep His promises.  The Word is more sure than anything else.  It is so sure: God is going to do what He says.

1Ki 17:1  And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.
1Ki 17:2  And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,
1Ki 17:3  Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
1Ki 17:4  And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.
1Ki 17:5  So he went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.
1Ki 17:6  And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook.
1Ki 17:7  And it came to pass after a while, that the brook dried up, because there had been no rain in the land.

“You do according to the word of the lord,” God said, “I’m going to have the ravens feed you.  Elijah you are going to be taken care of.”  All we have to do is do things right and God will take care of us.

You remember the story; a widow woman took care of him.  God took care of the widow and God took care of Elijah.

“I will bless the lord at all times; His praise will be continually in my mouth.”

David had reason and we have reason to praise God.  God will take care of his people.

Psa 37:25  I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Have you gone hungry?  God is taking care of you.  You will not see the righteous forsaken or his seed begging bread.  God will take care of His people.

Psa 34:2  My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
Psa 34:3  O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Have we any reason to worry?  We don’t need to worry.  It seems like in the flesh that we forget.  When we get a hold of our self or have the saints encourage us, you don’t have any reason to worry when you have God.  God will take care of his own.

Psa 34:6  This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

All his troubles:  you may go through something different than I would go through, but God said that He would deliver us from all our troubles.  The enemy may come and say, “This is a unique situation this is something that doesn’t fit.”  God said that He would deliver us from all our troubles.

Mat 6:25  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Mat 6:26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Mat 6:27  Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
Mat 6:28  And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
Mat 6:29  And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Lilies have no control of the matter of their own selves.  They are just there and God has made them beautiful.  You don’t have to strive for your own way.  You can just say, “God you can just have your way.   
 It doesn’t matter what it is, I am not going to strive for myself.  You care for your own.  I want whatever your will is, not my will.  I can just be submissive to you and I’m going to let you have your way.”

I still remember and I want to follow the same pattern.  When I was a young man there was something that I was pushing my own way for and it didn’t work out.  I am glad that it didn’t work out.  I have thought to myself, “In hind sight how I would handle that is to focus on God, draw nigh to God and leave that thing alone.” 

I have learned that from that thing and I want to follow the same pattern with my job and all else.  Whatever you can think of in your mind, let God have His way.  Be as the lilies, “Dear God I am just a lily, growing as you want me to grow.  I cannot change my leaves or make my flower a different color.  I am just going to be what you want me to be.” 

The lilies turned out beautiful but they were in God’s hands.  There is a depth to that.  Just have things in God’s hands.

Php 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

You don’t have to worry about anything, just pray.

Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

If we could just get things over on God as we should and understand from the depths of our heart that God will take care of His own, we can let the peace of God have control of the troubling of our minds and of the troubling of our thoughts.

Psa 34:7  The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
Psa 34:8  O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

We are blessed to have God.  Blessed means happy.  We are really in a win, win situation.  We are so blessed to have God.

Psa 34:9  O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

There are many good things available for us if we just stay true and live for God.

Psa 34:15  The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

His eyes are on you.  His ears are open to your cry.

Psa 34:17  The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18  The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.


No comments:

Post a Comment