Thursday, June 13, 2013

Brother Gary Kelly Wednesday evening 6/12/13



Brother Gary Kelly Wednesday evening 6/12/13
Exhortation on prayer:
Php 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

There are some burdens that there is an urgency to because if conditions are not met soon, things deteriorate considerably.  It is very likely that my burden for this father is urgent. 

When you are cooking something, especially in these modern ovens that go up to 400 degrees, some have a fan and the intensity of the oven is such that if you leave it in there just 2 or 3 minutes too long it goes past its best and continues to ruin.  When the buzzer goes off in the oven everyone wants the cook to know that the buzzer is buzzing.  When the buzzer is going off in a hospital not only the nurse thinks that someone should check on that but everyone does.

The urgency for a soul: God doesn’t want us to feel anxious but He wants us to feel the urgency for souls.

Adam Clark and I always had a little trouble with how Paul wrote 1 Timothy 2:1.  Adam Clark didn’t have it how God inspired Paul to write it.  He thought the first thing you need to be doing is praising God.  God inspired Paul to write to Timothy that first supplications:

1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

Every individual on our prayer list and every unspoken request is an individual that possesses an eternal soul.  This soul is visited by the Holy Spirit of God and is also visited by other spirits that bring oppression, depression, and unbelief. 

Whoever you are burdened for tonight…, we need to realize that if you are ever burdened to supplicate for me, I need your prayers.  You need the prayers of the other saints. 

I’ll never forget one time when Brother Maconahae was telling me, as long as they are shooting at you from both sides then you know that you are in the middle of the road.  There was a time that ‘One Cleansers’ had moved in and one was going to take from his congregation and was going to have a congregation of hundreds.  He told me that the only thing that they didn’t consider was, “But God.”

This man was showing up in town every time that Brother Maconahae left.  He was praying to the spirit that he was under.  Brother Maconahae began to pray and God revealed to him, “Expect a revelation from God when you are calm, not when you are anxious.”

God leads by still waters for two reasons, you see yourself in a calm pool.  You will never see yourself in a rapid.  You might have a vision but not of yourself.  When God leads through still waters, we not only see our self but we see God.  He leads by the still waters so that we can see our self and so that we can see Him.

Here Brother Maconahae was, not nearly as young and talented as whoever was trying to work division, but he began to pray and God revealed to him that behind every false doctrine is a spirit that comes to trouble individuals and congregations. 

When Nolan tried to get out from under the Wesleyans he asked me, “Can you come to my house tonight?”  He said, “Brother Kelly that spirit of Babylon is bothering me so bad that it has depressed me to the place where I want to take my own life.  That is the type of spirits that are out there. 

You can know if someone is really saved if they come to Zion.  The issue that I am pressing is that when some spirit comes that takes your joy, your peace, and your worship you better start backtracking and find who it is that is trying to depress, oppress, and leave a spirit that is trying to ruin my life.

Paul wrote to Timothy and he wrote it in the right order.  If you are overcome and discouraged, if someone not right with God is praying for you, it can be any kind of spirit, lust, pride, contention, discontent and pretty soon you are not having any devotion, you are reading but not getting anything, you are praying and it is not going anywhere it is because a spirit is trying to move in and mess up your life literally and spiritually.

There must be supplication.  Supplication deals with binding spirits so that they are not able to move in and control souls.  I say, “How are you praying for this soul?  If you are telling God how good they are, God doesn’t need you to tell Him how good they are.” 

If they are messed up, people can be messed up in more ways than I can preach tonight.  If you know a liar that needs to get saved, a lustful person that needs to get saved, that spirit needs to be bound.  They are nice until they start praying for you so that you get under an oppressive spirit.

Prayer is earnestly requesting a petition from God.  It takes a lot of energy to be earnest.  I don’t have a gauge to put on people to test their energy.  Most people are running low on energy.  Our energy is so demanded upon by our times.  You look at young people and they don’t have enough energy to look good.  I look at old people, none here, but one man I looked at didn’t have enough energy to take a bath every day.

You look at some people and they don’t have enough energy to look nice.  What would you think if I preached a funeral or a message in a wrinkled up shirt.  Those entertainers that show up in shorts and tennis shoes to church I’m not even going to talk about.

God I am going to have energy to pray.  It is going to be first in my life.  I’m going to have time to intercede.  I’m going to take time before Sunday.  If we are not interceding for these precious souls, then who is going to?

The whole design of God is that our joy would be full.  The whole design of God is that we would be worshipping, loving the saints of God, and that we would be happy. 

David said:
Psa 43:2  For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

Oppressive spirits come to young people, to old people, and to the middle aged.  What can I do to build a wall so that I don’t spend half of my time trying to crawl out from under it.

Living so that as Ester when she came before Ahasuerus.  She looked her best and had others praying.  She stood there and waited until the king held out the scepter.  We want everything in order in our lives, in our business, in our mind.

Intercession is pleading before God not for yourself but for someone else.  I want to intercede for our home but I must have a vision beyond our home.  We cannot have our own little capsule as our only concern or our nest will become extremely sour.

The word of God is right.  There are times when praise should be first but there are times when the urgency for precious souls is such that we must supplicate.

Intercession is seeking God to draw a line so that some spirit that has come to hold a soul captive can be rescued.  Spirits are mean.  They take the innocent and move in and they take them down, down, down.   My mother preached this message of a bird dog and a bird.  The enemy is a dog and likes to put his paw on the bird and crush it and crush it until it is destroyed. 

Don’t try to make friends with the devil.  Don’t worry about upsetting him.  The thief comes not but to steal, to kill, and to destroy.

The last message brother Maconahae preached was conquering through prayer.  Every battle is won on our knees through prayer.  It won’t be won through my preaching but through prayer.

The scripture reading:
Psa 34:1  A Psalm of David, when he changed his behaviour before Abimelech; who drove him away, and he departed. I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psa 34:2  My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
Psa 34:3  O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.
Psa 34:4  I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

If you are troubled with fears, you can seek God.  The Bible has the answer.  “I sought the Lord and He heard me.”

Psa 34:5  They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

When Jesus comes then our countenance is changed.  When we are able to get our eyes upon Him then he has a way of taking our burden.

Psa 34:6  This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

We are blessed to be able to cry to God and say, “God I need you.”

When we realize that we don’t have resources of our own, then God comes to our rescue.

Psa 34:7  The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

The angel of the Lord, there is an angel of the Lord that camps round about them that fear Him.

Psa 34:8  O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

There may be darkness all around you tonight but I guarantee that God gives songs in the night.

That man that trusts God:  I couldn’t help but think of the song that the Klemsteins sang, “Trusting, trusting, trusting in thee.”  Things may not look so good but through the eyes of faith they look good because I’m trusting. 

I’m looking through the eyes of faith and not what my mind sees.  I’m trusting in thee.  Can you see the child going to the father and trusting in Him?  You can trust the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit of God.

Psa 34:9  O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
Psa 34:10  The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

There is more power in the prayers of these little children that are saved than there is in the young lion.  The lions will lack and be hungered but God helps the children.  Isn’t it wonderful to hear God speak and say, “Come on over child, listen to me and I will teach you.”

Psa 34:11  Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Psa 34:12  What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
Psa 34:13  Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

Don’t be deceitful about anything.

Psa 34:14  Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

When people don’t have grace then they don’t have peace.  If they have no peace then they don’t have the grace of God.  You will only find peace God’s way.

Psa 34:15  The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

I believe God heard prayer tonight.

Psa 34:16  The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
Psa 34:17  The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

If you feel that you are a freight train full of troubles, then remember: this is temporary.  Let God deliver you because any alternative will be full of more troubles.

Psa 34:18  The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

I don’t care how much you want to protect others, life will lead us to have a broken heart.  If we serve God then it will lead us to complete healing.  My heart was broken but Jesus healed it and left me with a song.  God looks down when we are broken and contrite and He saves us.

Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psa 34:20  He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
Psa 34:21  Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psa 34:22  The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment