Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sister Sunny Wednesday Evening 5/15/13



Sister Sunny Wednesday Evening 5/15/13
1Sa 25:40  And when the servants of David were come to Abigail to Carmel, they spake unto her, saying, David sent us unto thee, to take thee to him to wife.
1Sa 25:41  And she arose, and bowed herself on her face to the earth, and said, Behold, let thine handmaid be a servant to wash the feet of the servants of my lord.

We see here her humility and willingness to work in whatever position she would find herself including the lowest position of being a servant to the servants. 

I think of the things that God can ask us to do.  Could you feed my servants? 

Joh 21:15  So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

We are not to be a respecter of persons, “You can sit in this high spot because you have nice clothes and you other ones can sit in that low spot.”  No, there is no high person or low person in the Church of God.  Yet God asks, “Can you do this for the one that is least?”

Mat 25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The one that would not know how to accept a favor and would not be thankful, God asks, “Could you help them when they need it or when I ask you?  Can you live ready to set aside your plans for the task that I would have you do?”

“Will you give me your time?  Would you be willing to do what is hard for you, because of your personality, in order to be obedient to my will?  Are you willing to be dead and have your life hid with Christ in God?”

Col 3:1  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I desire to be a part of the Church of God, the bride of Christ.  As such my desire is to be a servant to His servants as Abigail said to David, “I will wash thy servant’s feet.” 

She was saying, “You are such a great man and I am nothing.  You are bestowing a great honor upon me.  There is nothing that you could ask me to do that would be too small or too humble.  I will wash your servant’s feet.” 

This is what I desire my attitude to be toward serving God.  “Lord, I will be a servant to your servants.  They are important because they are serving you.  I am nothing and there is no job too small or too humble.  I will wash your servant’s feet.”

Isa 49:5  And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Whether we feel that we are successful or not, if we are obedient to God’s voice and do His work, (though Israel be not gathered, yet …), He will be pleased with us and He will be our strength. 

Jeremiah preached, preached, and preached some more.  One came to visit him where he was shut up and he asked him to write his words in a scroll and read it in the house of the Lord.  He said, “Perhaps they will hear this time and turn from their wicked ways.”

Jer 36:4  Then Jeremiah called Baruch the son of Neriah: and Baruch wrote from the mouth of Jeremiah all the words of the LORD, which he had spoken unto him, upon a roll of a book.
Jer 36:5  And Jeremiah commanded Baruch, saying, I am shut up; I cannot go into the house of the LORD:
Jer 36:6  Therefore go thou, and read in the roll, which thou hast written from my mouth, the words of the LORD in the ears of the people in the LORD'S house upon the fasting day: and also thou shalt read them in the ears of all Judah that come out of their cities.
Jer 36:7  It may be they will present their supplication before the LORD, and will return every one from his evil way: for great is the anger and the fury that the LORD hath pronounced against this people.

Some of the people took the scroll to the king and read it before him and he had it thrown into the fire.  He refused to hear and turn from his ways. 

Was Jeremiah a failure because the people didn’t hear?  No, he was obedient to God and to his mission.  He was in the favor of God and received strength from Him to write the scroll again and send it again to the king according to God’s command. 

Psa 84:10  For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

I’d rather have the humblest position and post in the house of my God than to have a position of honor anywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment