Sunday, May 19, 2013

Brother Gyme Sunday School 5/19/13



Brother Gyme Sunday School 5/19/13
2Ti 3:1  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

It is important that there is a place that is separate from sin with clear distinctions drawn.  If there is not a difference between us and religion, then were will others come to?  Where is true religion? 

We sometimes feel that we are really being tough.  We need to draw clear distinctions so that others have a light on the hill.  Though some don’t like the line that we draw when they are in need then they can look to “there is a people that is different.”  That is what we need. 

Adam Clark says to never apologize for truth and for that which is right.

Perilous times are here.  This is the day.  People want to turn everything upside down they want to call good bad and so that when you draw a line you look like the bad guy.  But wrong is wrong.  We need to guard against this and keep real good boundaries in our life.

Mat 11:12  And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Second Timothy tells us that “Men shall be lovers of own self… unthankful and unholy”  We want to ever be a thankful people don’t we?

Peace and holiness go together. 

Rom 1:21  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

We want to be a thankful people.  They became vain in their imaginations.  When that happens you will start questioning, “What is truth?”  If we become unthankful then in these perilous times we will actually start questioning truth. 

The word, ‘foolish’ means unintelligent.  Unthankfulness will lead us to be not able to receive wisdom.  People becoming unthankful is a part of perilous times. 

I am thankful that I don’t have to live in the past.  I haven’t forgotten and others haven’t forgotten my past.  I am thankful that I don’t have to live there but it is important that at times I remember where I came from.  There is one Gyme Kelly in prison and I could be in prison.  I’m thankful for what God has done for me.

Brother Gary - Unthankfulness is extremely strength reducing.  We live in a day when sometimes it seems that ‘everything’ has gone wrong.  If we are saved there may be a lot of tangibles that are out of place but we can be thankful.  We can rise above, ‘everything’ being wrong.

A lot of people have their theory and doctrine right but if we don’t have the practical experience then we are so lacking.  Thankfulness is not just a theory, it is a practical experience.  God help us to be reawakened to the value of being thankful. 

Sometime I have to press through the unthankfulness.  I don’t feel great or like being thankful, but I have to come through even when I don’t feel like it.  We cannot give into unthankfulness.

Sister Sue - The little children are not being taught to be thankful because their parents are not thankful.  They are not being taught.  It is a surprise when one says thanks. 

We see this throughout all society; people are rude, crude and unacceptable over and over.  Are we going to let it change us?  We need not let it affect us. 

It is easy to talk about and put the notes together that says, ‘be thankful.’   But to practice it is something else.  I went through the same battle twice because I didn’t handle it right.  I was ashamed but when the battle came around the second time I was determined to handle it right.

2Ti 3:3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

‘Without natural affection’ means Hardhearted.  We live in a day when people are without natural affection even to children.  It is the ‘me, me, what about me?  Where is mine?  How come I don’t have the free iphone?” 

We live in a day that is perilous.  Some humane society has a rate of 98% adoption and we have a rate of however many babies being aborted.  The abortion doctor that just got sentenced I would not recommend you read about it but it is without natural affection.

People would raise hundreds of dollars to save a dog, I like my dog but I would not put a dog above a person.  We need to be respectful even of our own self.  It is too prevalent in our day of, “I don’t care.”  We need to care.  To not care leaves a hole in our self.

One of the people that I work with has the attitude, “I don’t owe anyone here anything.”  We do owe to others.  Be sure that you treat me how you want to be treated and I want to treat you how I want to be treated.  Then at night I can go to bed and know that I have treated others right.

Truce breakers are those that are not willing to enter into a covenant.  To be saved we must enter into a covenant. 

Brother Bill - It is a lot of work to care and there is accountability in caring.  Because I love God and want to serve God I care.  It is a trait of my family and if I wasn’t saved and didn’t have respect unto God then I wouldn’t care either. 

The first step for all in society is to get saved.  If they would take care of the foundation right then they would care.  It would help them to care. 

There is a distinction between caring and being an enabler.  Sometimes we can fall into the trap.  I came to a point where I decided that I was not going to enable someone to live like they want to live.

Psa 15:1  A Psalm of David. LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
Psa 15:2  He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.
Psa 15:3  He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.
Psa 15:4  In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.
Psa 15:5  He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

He that does these things shall never be moved.

‘False accusers, incontinent, without self control, despisers of those that are good.’ 

They despise good.  To the best of our ability we need to leave those that despise us with God.  Jesus went though the same thing.  He didn’t let it distract Him from what He was doing.  He didn’t give it thought or let it slow Him down. 

He didn’t try to win them or go make things right.  Sometimes I get the thought, “I’m going to solve the problem.”  I have to keep going and not let it distract me.  We should not be shocked if that happens. 

Be not overcome of evil but overcome evil with good. 

If we just do what is right and treat people right being the same every day then we don’t have to worry if others despise us. 

Make sure you are in the right fight.  We can get distracted by these things and then we are in the wrong battle. 

Despisers – hostile to virtue; May we keep our virtue.  That is the right battle.

2Ti 3:4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

God help us to not just have a form of godliness.

2Ti 3:6  For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7  Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Here is that darkened and unintelligible heart that is not able to learn. 

2Ti 3:8  Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9  But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

This is written to us today.  There is going to be a great cloud of witnesses. 

Let us lay aside every weight.  What are you packing in your backpack?  What is a weight?  This race is not to the swift it is an endurance race.  If you are packing a pack a long ways into a lake you don’t pack it as heavy as you can.  You make it as light as you can. 

Beset means standing around.  The sin and the weight that makes us stand around.  Run with patience.  There is a course that we will run.  There is a path a course that has been mapped out.  It is not a random run where you go where you want.  There is a start, there is a course, and there is a finish to the race. 

Lay aside, sin, attitudes, imaginations, and accusations; they all work on all of us.  We are human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment