Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 5/18/16



Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:



When we need something from God, we always need something from God, but when we are in a situation where we realize, “I really need counsel, encouragement, correction, wisdom, and discernment…” When we need something from God, the Holy Spirit, which is the teacher, will bring the Word of God to us. 

We can be having our devotions and tell God, “I really need you.”  There is a definite way that God brings to us the Word of God that grants to us the need to be supplied. 

Today if you will hear His voice:  David used this scripture.  I believe that God spoke something similar to Moses.  There is a real importance in you and me recognizing and owning how important it is that we listen when God speaks to us.

I had a phone call from an individual that had made a terrible error in judgment.  Everyone here is capable of making terrible errors in judgment.  The individual said, “I feel so bad because God checked me and I overrode the check.”

None of us knows how much God has spared us from because He checks us.  It doesn’t need to be an earthquake or thunder and lightning.  There is the check upon our heart that says, “You better not go there.  You better not say that.  Before you accept that invitation, you need to say “I need to pray.””

The Holy Ghost says, “I want you to do this or that.”  We live in a society that is determined to make us so busy that even when God moves upon our mind our mind throws up the flag, “I am so busy.” 

This is ridiculous.  In just a few months I will have lived 3 score and ten years.  When God moves upon our heart it is vital that we know how to not harden our heart. 

It is vital that we have made our commitments as, “Lord willing…” Anyone that we cannot say that to…, we go on and say it anyway.  We are not here to please them, we are here to please God.

Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your heart:  the reason that I am very convicted on this scripture…, (I ask for your prayers and teaching.  I ask for you to help me understand this.)  I see people get under conviction and not get saved.  That is scary.

D.O. Teasley had to override the check of God to backslide.  The children are old enough, and the rest of us are going to have difficult things in our life.  I believe that children ought to be children and not worry and know about the evils in the world.  We have reached 2016 and these children probably already know more about things than I will ever know. 

As children, as young as Isaac is, he can learn the check of God.  He can know, “There are some books I should never open.”  He can ask about a joke, “Is this clean?  Would you feel comfortable telling this joke in the presence of God and Jesus.”  There are somethings that when they get in your mind go will over and over.  There are somethings that you don’t want to ever see. 

If you get your mind corrupted, you will never enjoy the beautiful things of life.  A man that went to court was told by the judge, “Just your presence is a threat to a child.  You need to be locked up and without parole.” 

God was faithful to him, he overrode the check of God.  Maybe his dad opened the door.  Maybe his mother thought, “I just want you to be normal.”  It matters what is normal is.  If it is contrary to what the Bible teaches then she wanted him to be abnormal and explore the ways of sin.

Heb 3:1  Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;



Isn’t it wonderful to be able to consider what Jesus would do, and consider what he would have us to do.

Heb 3:2  Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.



I am convicted, “God help me to be faithful,” whenever I hear of Moses’ faithfulness or Jesus’

Heb 3:3  For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

Heb 3:4  For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

Heb 3:5  And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;

Heb 3:6  But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.



The other night I didn’t feel good and I went to bed early.  Before I went to sleep I thought, “Did I lock the door?”  I thought, “I can trust God, I don’t have anything to worry about.”  Then I thought, “I saw a new guy walking about Paradise.”  I didn’t want that thought coming back to me.  So I decided, “I am going to go and make sure that door is locked.”

We are God’s house.  We belong to God.  There is a definite opportunity that He has given us to lock the door to somethings.  “I am not going to have that working on me.  I am not going to have that thought.”

There are times when He checks us, “Be careful what you say; be careful where you go.  Be extremely careful in that situation.”  It is ok to make plans.  When God comes, “This is what I want you to do.”  Then we say, “I want to do that.” 

Then when He comes and says, “I don’t want you to think on that.”  Be sure to lock the door. 

A month ago I was burdened prayed and sought God.  I had felt the burden for days and God was working with me.  I did my best to prepare for the occasion that was probably going to be mine. 

When it came time it seemed to work exactly as God would have it work, then of a sudden it fell all apart.  God helped me to be able to handle that.  All glory to God I didn’t say or misbehave.  The next few days I could just feel discouragement working and could feel myself spiraling down; I had hoped. 

I was home alone and began to seek God, “God, I believe that what transpired was not your will.  I have done everything I knew to do the will of God.  My heart ached.”  You think of someone being lost forever it is pretty tough to take.  As I began to seek after God, God came down. 

When you are disappointed and it will happen.  When you have done your best and someway the devil throws something in that messes up what God is trying to do, Paul said, “Satan hindered.”  The only thing to do is to know how to get a hold of God again.

God brought me to Luke 10:38

Luk 10:38  Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.

Luk 10:39  And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard his word.

Luk 10:40  But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

Luk 10:41  And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:

Luk 10:42  But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.



The Holy Spirit witnessed to me, “The good part is to sit at Jesus’ feet.”

Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
Oh what words I hear him say!
Happy place! So near, so precious!
May it find me there each day. 

Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
I would look upon the past;
For His love has been so gracious,
It has won my heart at last.

Sitting at the feet of Jesus
Where can mortal be more blest? 
There I lay my sins and sorrows
And when weary find sweet rest. 

Sitting at the feet of Jesus,
There I love to weep and pray;
While from his fullness gather
Grace and comfort every day.

Bless me O my savior bless me,
As I sit low at thy feet
O look down in love upon me
Let me see thy face so sweet. 

Give me Lord the mind of Jesus,
Keep me holy as He is;
may I prove I’ve been with Jesus,
Who is all my righteousness.


No comments:

Post a Comment