Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sister Sunny Sunday School 3/13/16



Mat 6:9  After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Mat 6:11  Give us this day our daily bread.

Mat 6:12  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Mat 6:13  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.



As I have prayed this prayer many times and tried to focus on each part, the part, “Give us this day our daily bread,” was at first an enigma to me.  I knew in part it meant the very literal food that we were to eat that day, I knew that Jesus is the bread of life, but what all does bread mean? 

Some meanings of bread – satisfaction, life, necessities, maintenance, and the yield of our actions. 

Some examples of where we use the word bread:  Bread is the staff of life; you are said to earn your bread; in sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread; eat not the bread of idleness.

Jesus is the bread of God:

Joh 6:30  They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Joh 6:31  Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

Joh 6:32  Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

Joh 6:33  For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.



Jesus came to give life to the world.  As literal bread gives strength and nourishment, or life, Jesus came that we might have spiritual life.  To become alive, we must be born again. 

To be born again we must first die to the old life that we had built.  A kernel of wheat lives and grows as a part of the wheat plant and then must die and be separated from its old life before it can be planted and grow into a new plant. 

The old life contains our own way of looking out for ourselves first.  This way causes many troubles in the world today.  When Jesus came to the earth, He did not live this way.  He showed us a better way to live.  It is a way that gives more abundant life. 

Jesus is the Son of God.  He died on the cross and rose again.  Take up His cross, His life’s work and direction, and follow Him to have life more abundant and everlasting life.

Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.



Joh 12:23  And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

Joh 12:24  Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Joh 12:25  He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.



Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.



Joh 10:9  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.



Mat 16:24  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Mat 16:25  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mat 16:26  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?



Once we receive life from the Bread of Life, His life maintains our life:  He nourishes us, strengthens us, and causes us to grow.  Give us this day our daily bread: Give us that which is needed to support our spiritual life daily.  It represents all we need supplied.    

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:



Bread (Webster) - (n.) Food; sustenance; support of life, in general.



He gives our literal bread and supplies our every literal need.  It was testified of in the Old Testament and we bear testimony to this in our own lives. 

Gen 48:15  And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,



Deu 8:3  And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Deu 8:4  Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.



Neh 9:15  And gavest them bread from heaven for their hunger, and broughtest forth water for them out of the rock for their thirst, and promisedst them that they should go in to possess the land which thou hadst sworn to give them.



Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.



Php 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment