Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 2/28/16


Brother Gary Sunday Evening 2/28/16

It is wonderful that we have Jesus to look to as a faithful witness.

Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,



There are things in life that happen that make people think, “How terrible!”  Looking back at those things that seem to be an injustice, when you look back down the road are an opportunity for good things to happen.  When God allows something, then we can trust Him to take care of the details.

John was on the isle of Patmos.  He was there for the Word of the Lord.  Before he received much of the revelations, in verse 3, he said blessed is he that reads the prophecy:

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;



God wants us to have grace and peace.  We live in a world of a lot of turmoil.  We live in a world where it is way too easy to know too much that is going on.  We have to draw boundaries so that we don’t lose the peace of God in our life.

Grace and peace from the Holy Spirit of God. Every day we need the comforts, direction, and the Holy Spirit in His place encouraging us that there is grace.  We don’t want to receive the grace, the unmerited favor of God, in vain.

It is wonderful to have God come to us and bestow upon us His benefit, His divine influence in the soul and its reflection out into the life.  It comes from God, from the Holy Spirit of God, and from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness.

It is a pronounced part in my life where the grace of God witnessed to me and said, “Stay calm.”  When Robert came to me I could tell him, “This injustice was forgiven a long time ago.”  There is grace and peace for every situation from God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit of God. 

Jesus is the faithful witness.  He comes and says, “There is grace to behave yourself.”

Think of how the grace of God comes on the scene when the song-leaders begin to pray, “God give me the right song.” The same God that gave the song to the writer will come with the same anointing to the leader. 

The song is not the same 7 words 11 times.  It is a message of doctrine; a message from god.

Some of us don’t know what we will face tomorrow.  Our journey may take us to places where we feel very uncomfortable being there.  We serve a faithful witness that is able to prepare us before we ever get there.

He is the first begotten of the dead.  We want to remember that Jesus rose triumphant from the grave.  Keep it real.  There is nothing impossible with God.  We can have victory in our life.

We want to emphasize to the children, “It doesn’t matter what you face.  The lord Jesus Christ rose triumphant from the grave.  There is nothing impossible with God.”  We want to encourage you to know your guidelines.  Have God draw the boundaries.  Let God add your friends.  Let God add those that will influence you.  Let the Holy Spirit, God the Father, and the Faithful Witness witness to you, “Don’t get involved with that.” 

This is to me and to you.  Have the faithful witness say, “Don’t go there in your mind.”  There can be thoughts in your mind that will be with you the rest of your life.  We live in a world where the enemy wants to plant pictures or thoughts in minds that will trouble you and then try to lead you another step and another step.  Soon you are in a fog in your mind and wonder, Have I lost God.

If you have gotten to see the river, Pats Nob, a baby lamb, an elk, and a goat.  There are a lot of things in this world that you and I don’t need to see or know about.  God made a beautiful world.

He is the Prince of the kings.  Every one of us needs to keep it real, “My eyes are on Jesus.”  We have had people in our life that wanted to be a great influence in our life.  Jesus is to be the supreme influence in our life.  I am not taking away from people that can teach and train you.  When an individual comes and portray that thought, “I am going to be a great person in your life,” have it settled, “I already have the greatest.”

He is the Prince of the kings of the earth.  His thought of us: “Unto Him that loved us.”  Isn’t it wonderful to be loved?  To be loved every day? God loves you.  Don’t ever forget it.  However you wake tomorrow feeling, God still loves you.

He washed us.  Isn’t it wonderful to be washed?  I am challenged with the thought of the conscience.  A lot of people’s conscience has been educated by people that are godless. 

Children are born into this world and some of their parents are godless.  They have at an early age their hunger and thirst for God diverted into liking to be rebellious and evil.  Their conscience is diverted into liking corrupt thoughts.  The blood of Jesus Christ alone purges consciences. 

There may be someone on this prayer list that is all messed up in their mind, their soul, and their conscience.  There is a God that sent His only begotten Son.  This Son loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood.

There are several things that take place when someone gets saved: they become a babe in Christ and there is something that happens to the conscience. 

Prior to bible salvation the most important thing was myself.  “I’m going to do this and that and I don’t care about anyone else.”  When an individual truly repents, something begins to take place in their conscience.  I will never forget how truthful someone becomes.  There is a new conscience.  Isn’t that wonderful? Praise His name!

He has made us a king.  Praise His name.  I don’t know what I will face tomorrow, but Praise His name I can reign. 

We will crown Him Lord of all.  God was doing his best to get Brother D.O. Teasley to the place where when the disappointment and place of being attacked came he wouldn’t run off.  That was not God’s plan.  Thank God he came back.  Let us learn from that.

The things will not always go good on your job.  As much as you love your family or whomever, you may come to the point, “I was so anxious to see whomever and they acted like I was a stranger.”  God is giving you a chance to prove, “I have God.”  Give them a lot of room.

God has a plan where we can go through sanctuary worship and end up in the Holy place communing with God.  There is manna in there. 

All the religious people out there like to talk about the end of time prophecies. 

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.



Brother Warner and Brother Warren wrote the song, “I know my name is there.”

Brother Barney E Warren got saved when he was 16 years old.  He used his talents writing songs and being used of God. 

They were in a revival meeting and before Brother Warner preached he said, “I would like to have a few testimonies tonight.  The saints got up and were rejoicing.  Then someone got up and said, “I don’t know that I am saved.”  Someone else got up and said, “I don’t know that I have it.” 

Brother Warner asked, “Are you married, do you have a home, is it yours?” She said, “Yes,” to all the questions.  Then he asked can you prove it?  She said, “Yes, we have a title.”

He then got up and preached, “You can know that you are saved.  You don’t have to question but know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are saved.”  As he preached a sister stood up and said, “I know my name is in the book of life.”

This inspired Brother Warren to write, “My name is in the book of life, o bless the name of Jesus! I rise above all doubt and strife and read my title clear.”

“I with sinners lost, my name once stood upon a painful record; but now it’s canceled by the blood and written on His roll.”

“Yet inward trouble often cast a shadow o’er my title, but now with full salvation blest praise God it is ever clear.”

“While others climb through worldly strife to carve a name of honor; high up in heaven’s book of life my name is written there.”

“I know, I Know my name is there; I know, I know my name is written there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment