Thursday, November 26, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/25/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/25/15
Psa 107:21  Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psa 107:22  And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

I was thinking in service tonight of how marvelous prayer is.  It can only come from the mind of God.  It is something that God ordained and is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

I thought of the beautiful songs and how they minister to us over and over again.  Since the Gospel Day how many services, how many messages, and how many individuals have been inspired by God?  “Oh that men would praise the Lord.”  Tonight it still rings in our soul.

Psa 107:1  O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

I think of God’s mercy, it is still enduring for all those that you are burdened for and for us that are burden bearers.  If it was not for the mercy of God, we would be blah all the time because of the weight of the burden and the physical and emotional challenges everywhere. 

Because of His mercy, He will never put on us more than we can bear and He will deal with those in the uttermost parts of the earth.

Psa 107:2  Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

It is wonderful to have a testimony that we have been redeemed from the hand of the enemy.  Isn’t it wonderful that God brought an end to the destroying influence of the enemy in our lives?

Psa 107:3  And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
Psa 107:4  They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.

This not only references the wilderness that the Children of Israel wandered in, but also to the wilderness of sin that we all wandered in. 

A sojourner is as an individual that is traveling and just spending one night in a mansion that is not theirs.  We are just sojourners.  It is wonderful that we have a bed to sleep in. 

I am glad that I am not wandering in the wilderness anymore.

Psa 107:5  Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.

Sister Alice brought that the children of Israel got in such a sad state in their unbelief that they appointed a captain to take them back to Egypt.  They became hopeless.

Psa 107:6  Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
Psa 107:7  And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.

It is wonderful that in the decision making process we have the privilege of going into the holiest of holies and communing with God.  Sister Sue told us that in order to be a composer you must be able to be still and quiet.  That spoke to me.  I go through my day with my mind racing.

He leads us:  there is a secret to being led by the right way.  We have the teaching of tabernacle worship and it is right.  The scripture doesn’t show that there is any size on the laver.  God has a wonderful plan on washing us and He keeps washing us. 

God has a marvelous way of teaching us.  He doesn’t beat you up but He teaches and He can scourge.  He says, “I want you to go over to the laver; I want you to wash and wash. There are a few things in life where if you wash you will be more beautiful.” 

Isn’t it wonderful that He has a way of leading us into the right way?  As we go to the Golden Altar we present ourselves a living sacrifice Holy and acceptable which is a reasonable service.

He says, “Come on in to the Holiest of Holies.  I want to commune with you.”

He says, “Behold I stand at the door and knock.”  I was waiting for a knock this last week.  I wanted someone to come and get saved.  Jesus said, “I stand at the door and knock.  If any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to Him.  I will sup with Him.” 

I felt like a boy this week worshipping.  I felt like the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost were saying, “Son what is on your heart and your mind?  What do you want me to sup with you on?  What have you been eating drinking on?  What are your plans and your burdens?  You can tell me anything.  I will sup with you and I will help you to see things through another’s eyes.”

It is so wonderful to see things through His eyes.  You all know the scripture where He anointed the eyes.  I thought of the wonderful experiences that I have had, the riches of grace, the riches of experience, and I had a wonderful time telling Him of them. 

He said, “Have you told me everything?  I want you to sup with me for a while.”  In order for you and me to sup with Him, we must experience blessed quietness. 

The Psalmist wrote, “Be still and know that I am God.”  Quit working for your mind to try to figure out things.  Bring your mind to the place where you tell your hand, “Quit trying to set the stage the way that you want it to be.” 

He never puts more on us than we can bear.  He always takes more from us: our caress, our burdens, our sorrows.

He will lead you in the right way.  The ways of the Lord are right.  God’s way is always right.  If you are making a decision, if you have made a decision, if you made it God’s way then God’s ways are always right.

Hos 14:2  Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.

When we meet God God’s way He always receives us graciously.  “So will we render the calves of our lips.”


Psa 107:7  And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.

I can almost hear Sister Gerhardt singing, “Oh I will not be a stranger when I get to that city.”  It is wonderful to be headed to a city of wonderful habitations. 

Psa 107:8  Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psa 107:9  For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.

“All this world, its wealth and honor, cannot sate the human breast; But when filled with God our Father every want is fully blest. All my soul can wish forever, I now find in Christ replete; Every blessing and the Giver in my peaceful bosom meet. My soul is satisfied. My soul is satisfied! I am complete in Jesus’ love, and my soul is satisfied.DS Warner

There would be a longing in your soul to see someone saved.  There would be a longing in your soul for another brother and another sister.  I understand the longing to see someone saved.  There is a longing to see a child saved, to see a friend saved.  He satisfies the longing soul.

Psa 107:10  Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
Psa 107:11  Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:

There is no greater bondage than rebelling against God’s Word.  It offers freedom.  When it is rebelled against then there remains bondage that can be broken only by a miracle.

Psa 107:12  Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
Psa 107:13  Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
Psa 107:14  He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
Psa 107:15  Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

Have a wonderful thanksgiving.  As Americans, we can thank God for those that had the courage to cross the ocean and find this land. 

As Saints of God, we can be thankful for the wonderful experience that Jesus made available for us. 

Heb 13:15  By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!


No comments:

Post a Comment