Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/15/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/15/15

Psa 45:17  I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

This was spoken under divine inspiration about 1000 years before the birth of Christ.  Thank God that all the generations up to ours have remembered God. 

The name to be remembered!  Often I meet people and try to figure out a way to remember their name.  You meet a little child and you want to remember their name to pray for them.  The college student that is a roommate of Sister Heather, we want to remember her. 

Lois, Sister Bereniece’s sister, we want to remember in prayer.  We want to remember your daughters and sons in prayer.  We want to remember Sister Darla.  Then the lost ones, we want to hold them before God and see the chains broken and them set free.

David had the desire and it was the desire of God’s heart that the generations that are alive today and the generations to follow would remember God.

God moved upon David.  I wouldn’t tell you that my heart and soul is as a bubbling fountain or a geyser every day.  There are days that I walk by faith as you walk by faith.  “When the pressure of my soul is feeling low then quickly to God I go…”

Psa 45:1  To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

David’s heart was like a geyser:  We live in a world that will leave us drained. 

I am looking for the perfect card or picture that will show time spent alone.  At a young age, children feel alone.  There is a fatherless son, his name is Meryl.  His father was killed in a construction accident somewhere.  That little boy, it breaks my heart whenever he sees me.  He is like, “I feel so alone.”  He has brothers and sisters but he has a pronounced emptiness in his life.  It always hurts.

We saw on the county courthouse steps or parking lot a mother with children so alone.  Young people in high school are so alone.  Husbands and wives can feel so alone. 

There is a source that David wanted you and me to know about that will put a bubble, a geyser, in our soul.  It will come to our soul and will make a total change in our life.

David described the beauty of the Messiah to come:

Psa 45:2  Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

The Word of God declares that as far as physical beauty, perhaps Jesus didn’t have any.  It is not the outward comeliness that makes people attractive, it is the beauty within and the bubble within that makes them attractive.

Jesus had grace poured into His lips and He was blessed of God forever.  It is because of Jesus Christ that we have grace.

Joh 1:17  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

There are two things that can only be found with the Lord Jesus Christ, grace and truth.  The Word of God is truth.

David was worshipping.  Worshipping for us involves reading the Word of God.  Often a song comes to our soul.  We appreciate that.

David emphasized, gird thy sword… oh Most Mighty:

Psa 45:3  Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

Whether it is the time of greatest joy or just going through life: working, doing our job, and taking care of the things that need to be taken care of, when Jesus comes with His Word it comes with a majesty that makes it real to us. 

In each of the 66 books of the bible, you can find a portion, and God will come and anoint it in such a way that it gives strength for the journey, strength to believe God, and strength to lay hold on one that is mighty.

Christ comes with prosperity: God always comes with a plan.  There are millions of people in the world that are just going through life: they have no definite plan on being in church on Sunday or Wednesday, no definite plan of having Christmas with their family, reaching their grandchildren, or reaching someone else.  There is no definite plan.

God is a God with plans.  The sun comes up every morning and the sun sets every evening.  The prophecy of the Lord Jesus is that the Sun of Righteousness would arise with healing in His wings.

It is a common denominator of people that they need healing: emotionally, physically, financially and perhaps in other ways.  Jesus comes with a plan.  True happiness is only found in the plan of God.

No man is the head of the church.  Jesus Christ is the head of the church.  The Lord adds to the Church daily such as should be saved.  God always comes with a plan.  It is a plan always according to truth.  It is so wonderful that you and I can have what we need to have our lives always in balance. 

The balance is always in God’s hands.  Don’t let any man take the balance and say, “Do this and ‘I say’ to do that.”  We have the Word of God on one side of the balance.  It is truth, it is righteousness, and it is meekness.

God is not a bully.  If you have a stubborn personality, God will not beat you over the head to get you to do the Word of God.  According to the Bible, stubbornness is as the sin of witchcraft.  I don’t want to go to the judgment and be standing there with God separating and think as I look at a witch, “I’ve been a good guy compared to this evil thing.”  But if you are stubborn then you need to know what the Bible says about stubbornness.  Stubbornness only gets people in trouble.

Some have never learned when to talk or when to not talk.  Some need to know when to sing and when to not sing.  The balance goes into God’s hand.  Truth is wonderful, it frees us, it gives us direction, it protects us, and it causes us to live with a good conscience.  The Word of God is a wonderful protection.

On the other side is Jesus Christ who is meek.  Unless you want to learn, He will never teach you.  Jesus says, “Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn of me.  For I am meek…” 

We don’t go into the yoke of one that says, “You dummy.”  We go into the yoke of Jesus who is meek.  He has such a way so showing us ourselves and then he has the marvelous way to show us something better.

His visitation to sinners:  if you are dealing with a soul in sin, before a man can get right with God there needs to be conviction.  We as the church need to know how to teach people how wonderful conviction is.  If people are just mad at themselves and full of regrets then that is not conviction.

If they realize that they have done wrong and have godly sorrow, “I want to tell that one that I wronged that I am really sorry.”  Godly sorrow works repentance not to be repented of.  “I am not right with God.  It is not so much that I am not right with the world and that all my life is upside down; it is that I am not right with God.”

Joh 15:1  I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Joh 15:2  Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Joh 15:3  Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Joh 15:4  Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
Joh 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Joh 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
Joh 15:7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

When Jesus comes as a counselor, He doesn’t come as a visitor.  He comes as one that is with us.  He comes not with a critical tone, He says, “You are one of my own but I want to perfect you.  I want you to measure, I want you to remember what I taught you through the Word of God.  I want you to remember what I taught you not to be: through those that left God and left truth.

Jesus counsel to the church:  if you are challenged with what God has to say to the church in 2015, then read the full book of Revelations. 

There are times in the journey of the church of God in the present day… you say, “I wish we could get back to the sixth seal and buy a car with a straight stick and no air conditioning and a hat.”  That will not bring spirituality.  What will bring spirituality is men and woman humbling themselves, consecrating themselves before God, and praying, “Let the fire fall upon me.”

Psa 45:6  Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

May we ever realize that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are on their throne.  The scepter of the Lord Jesus Christ is a right scepter.  He is seated upon His throne and He loves righteousness. 

Let us think for a few moments of Christ on His throne.  Think of your righteous desire.  That desire, “God, I want you to help my life to be exactly what you want it to be in every capacity.”  You approach the throne of God that loves righteousness.

Maybe you are struggling because someone did you wrong.  You are struggling and you go before God and say, “God I want to do right.”  Maybe you feel that age is creeping up on you.  “You probably cannot do anything for God because you are aged and rickety.”  Don’t tell God that; He doesn’t want to hear it.  Don’t tell me that either.  I am one day going to get your age.

Pray this day, “God help me to do your perfect will today.”  It could before we leave the gathering this morning.  Perhaps you encourage someone else.  Perhaps God is preparing you for the dinner conversation.  It is wonderful when someone has put forth the effort to cook something, to set a presentable table. 

We live in an area where we can have a lot of water pretty cheap.  It is wonderful to have clean clothes.  Notice this shirt this morning?  My shirt is pressed and clean.  Sometimes I wear two shirts.  One of them is a coffee shirt in case I spill coffee. 

There are buttons all the way up and down my shirt and on the cuffs.  Buttons get tough when you get older.  We have much to be thankful for. 

When we go before God and say, “God help me to be a blessing.”  I get more bad news than I want to.  Don’t quote any news commentator or paper of telling the truth.  I don’t even believe statistics.  Someone said, “God is dead.”  He sure is not.  Someone said, “The world is going to end this day and time.”  It didn’t. 

He has anointed with the oil of gladness:  think of us coming before God, “The Bible says to love my wife.  The Bible teaches us to pray.”  It is bound to be a tough thing for the wives to live with some of us husbands.  We forget stuff.  Wives are right to pray in their secret closets, “God help me to be a good wife to that husband that I married.  This is a journey and I want to get it right.”

Children, when is our generation to remember God?

Mat 19:13  Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
Mat 19:14  But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 19:15  And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Jesus was in a crowd and they brought the little children to Him.  They wanted Him to just touch the little children.  There were others that wanted to be in control and said, “Don’t bother Jesus.”  You and I don’t need to pick and choose what is going to be bothering Jesus. 

These guys were in charge.  Jesus said, “I am going to change this scene.”  They were saying, “Don’t…”  Jesus said, “Suffer the children to come unto me and forbid them not.”  May God help us in a better way to get the message out that God wants children to approach Him.

Jesus, the one from eternity, the very son of God… His attitude was, “There is something about little children they want to be touched.”  These children came to Jesus and He touched every one of them.

1Ch 29:17  I know also, my God, that thou triest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness. As for me, in the uprightness of mine heart I have willingly offered all these things: and now have I seen with joy thy people, which are present here, to offer willingly unto thee.
1Ch 29:18  O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee:
1Ch 29:19  And give unto Solomon my son a perfect heart, to keep thy commandments, thy testimonies, and thy statutes, and to do all these things, and to build the palace, for the which I have made provision.

He was praying for everyone and then he came to the request, “Give to Solomon my son a perfect heart.”  He was crying out to God.  His journey was about done.  I guarantee you that David was thinking, “I don’t want my son to fail God.”

I don’t want my daughter to fail God.  I don’t want my grandchildren to fail God.  “Oh give him a perfect heart.  A heart to keep thy commandments.”

David wrote Ps 119 and in this chapter he wrote how much he loved God’s Word about 165 times. 
“God help my son to keep the Word of God.”  I am told that this son, Solomon, failed to keep the Word of God.  That is sad.  I believe that Solomon was almost to the age where his hands began to quiver.  He almost was to the age where he needed a few root canals.  He probably had to squint and get to the right light to see something.  When He wrote the following passage:

Ecc 12:1  Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
Ecc 12:2  While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

Solomon left the message: remember now the creator in the days of thy youth.  Children and young people, you have a golden opportunity to protect yourself from the things that will destroy your soul, your life, and your happiness. 

Remember now thy Creator.  How many have said, “Someday…”  if even in our county all that planned to get saved someday were here, there wouldn’t be room for you folks to sit on the pews. Brother Chuck had a friend that came to revival in the days that Brother Emmerson Wilson was here.  He said, If I ever get religion then I want the kind that you have.  His someday caused him to be lost forever.

Remember God.  Don’t wait.  When should I remember God?  Today.  Remember God today whatever age you are and wherever you are November 2015.

Psa 137:1  By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
Psa 137:2  We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
Psa 137:3  For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
Psa 137:4  How shall we sing the LORD'S song in a strange land?
Psa 137:5  If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
Psa 137:6  If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

Remembering God and praise join hands and worship.  When you remember God and when you praise God, they come together to worship God. 


Remember God.

No comments:

Post a Comment