Thursday, November 12, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/11/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/11/15
Psa 45:1  To the chief Musician upon Shoshannim, for the sons of Korah, Maschil, A Song of loves. My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

David said that His heart was as a geyser spewing out good. 

On the song, “He lifted me out:” This pastor rose early to seek after God and the thought came to him, “He lifted me out.”  (When we are praying for someone else, we know what the bible says and what God has done for us.)  They went to the camp meeting and were singing the song as a special.  As they sang the congregation rejoiced and the altars began to line. 

Speaking of inditing a good matter:  A thousand years before Christ, God moved upon David that He would send a messiah.  “Thou art fairer than the children of men.”  Jesus will outshine them all.

Psa 45:2  Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

As beautiful as a baby is, this messiah is more beautiful than any human being.  This was not speaking of the outward being.  Because of the radiance and the grace of God that Jesus brought to mankind, He is more beautiful than any that every lived.

I thank the Lord that the grace of God visited me when I was lost in sin. 

Tit 2:11  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Jesus was blessed in eternity before he came to earth.  Jesus was the delight of the Father and he came to earth for the purpose that we could be saved from all our sin.  This reached to all of us.

Pro 8:30  Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Pro 8:31  Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Therefore God has blessed thee forever.  I was thinking of Jesus blessed in eternity and blessed as long as time is.  For all eternity what we all will be saying is, “Blessed be God forever and ever.”

Psa 45:3  Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty.

The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. 

“Oh most mighty with thy glory and thy majesty.”

This messiah, Jesus, the Son of God was in eternity and came to bring light, salvation, and a way.  He will be with us and is the presence of God.  Isn’t it marvelous to have God meet with us? 

Isn’t it marvelous that the Most Mighty knows where our basement is?  He knows that chair where you have your devotions and kneel to pray. 

He with the presence of God and with His majesty…  The grandeur of the Son of God, Jesus Christ!  A song that the Gaither’s sing says, “I may not be well known…”  It doesn’t matter if we are not known, only if we know Him and have him know us.

Ride in thy majesty:  I thought of Jesus coming to encourage the Body of Christ.  We have emotions, we get tired, weary, or sick.  We have various times when we feel we are soaring high or feel down in the valley.  Oh that the most mighty would come and encourage the Body of Christ!

Right now the Athol congregation is going through difficulty.  I know that God will come with the Word and the Spirit of God and encourage the Neely’s and the Twete’s.  God has a way of doing it.  He is God.

You might be praying for a family member or whomever.  The visible outward appearance may be discouraging, but when Jesus comes by He gives hope where there was no hope.  He comes with the Word of God.  The Word of God builds faith and hope.  “Faith comes by hearing…”

The mighty visitation: He comes as the most welcome Majesty.  He is not a visitor.  We thank Him every meal for providing food for us.  We thank Him for our home.  We want to be thankful to have a way to cook…

The Most Mighty comes to His church to encourage us.  He comes in truth.  You cannot put a value on truth.  I am the way, the truth and the light.  If you know truth then you are really blessed tonight. 

To everyone that you know you need to teach that in order to be saved you must ask God to forgive you of all your sin.  You must repent and bring forth fruit meet for repentance.

There is a conviction that comes to get ready to meet our God.  The truth sets you free.  We meet individuals that are afraid of this or that.  The truth sets you free.

The Most Mighty comes in meekness.

Psa 45:4  And in thy majesty ride prosperously because of truth and meekness and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

Oh the most mighty, the messiah out of heaven, the very son of God comes in meekness.  The meekness of the majesty of Christ!  This most mighty teacher comes in meekness.  How many times has He come to us when we were in a dilemma?  “How should I handle this?”  He comes in meekness.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

He has the answer to our unanswered question.

He comes in righteousness, purity and wisdom.  He comes with His plans.  We live in a world where many people don’t have any plans.  God has plan for you. 

Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

“I know the plans that I have for you.”  You can count on God having plans.  He didn’t give you the talents that you have and then leave you without a plan.

God has thoughts: “My thoughts are not your thoughts.  My thoughts are higher than your thoughts.”

Have you ever been thinking about something and then decide to pray?  “God says, “I have some thoughts for you. They are higher than yours.”

2Ch 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

God said, “My way is higher.”  God has a way in every situation. 

Isa 35:8  And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

There is a way to get our life straightened out and there is a way to keep it straightened out.

Hos 14:9  Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

The ways of the Lord are right.  Oh most mighty! When you come to abide with us, may we realize that “Your ways are right!”

The Most Mighty rides in majesty to visit the lost.  He breaks in on the thoughts of the lost.  This week my heart was encouraged that God knows how to break in on the thoughts of the lost.

Luke 15: the prodigal had left home, he had his inheritance and was going his own way.  (Every one of us are undoubtedly praying for individuals that have chosen their own way.)  The father was watching.  There was someone that cared.  He was probably looking that way often, squinting his eyes. 

After he had gone down as far as he could.  If you are praying for someone that looks hopeless and has come to the end of the road…  When the prodigal was there, Jesus said, “He came to himself.” The Most Mighty knows how to break in.

You may say, “I don’t see how God could get to this one; they are carried away with the world.”  That is just you and I looking at the natural.  I like to look up to God when those thoughts come to me.  God has a way.

There was a fine young man that came to Jesus.  He was a moral person and he had quite a bit of success.  Yet in all that he had, he sought Jesus.  He said, “What lack I yet?” 

You may know someone that you are praying for that seems to have it all together.  They have an education, a job, and a plan to save money; they have a home… they have it all together.  We have a God in heaven that knows how to speak to those that have it all together.

Remember when Paul and Silas were thrown into prison after a revival?  They had been having a wonderful time, then got thrown into Jail.  About midnight it got dark and they were thrown into stocks.  As they were sitting there they began to sing. 

There was an earthquake as they sang.  Soon the prisoners were loosed.  The jailer was ready to kill himself because he thought they all would flee.  Paul and Silas said, “Do thy self no harm…”  The jailer asked, “What must I do to be saved?” 

There is no situation that God cannot break in on.

The Most Mighty is a quickening spirit.  Every one of us needs to ask God to keep our spiritual senses alive and quickened.  I was a rebellious boy and a slow learner.  My mother pulled my ears.  God knows how to quicken our senses.

Joh 5:21  For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

If you know someone that you are praying for, then pray that their senses will be quickened and that they will get things right in their life.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

People can turn you off like they turn a switch.  When God begins to quicken, who can hinder?

1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

The Most Mighty is a quickening spirit that reaches our soul, our minds, our conscience, and our being.  He vitalizes and makes our senses alive.

“Father quicken my senses.”  Sometimes we are so busy praying for someone else, we fail to pray for ourselves.  It is not selfish to pray for yourself.  “Quicken my senses to the needs of our brothers and sisters in Christ.”

God has a plan to give us full lives.  Our life will only be full as we give to others.  “Quicken my senses to the needs of the Body of Christ.”  The Pastors need your prayers.  All godly pastors need your prayers.

The needs of children, the needs of those that are lost in the house…  Isn’t it sad when people think, “I have it all together and yet they are lost in the house? 

The needs of the afflicted… It is tough to be sick.  Every time Sister Marilyn wakes and cannot go to sleep… when Brother Rod wakes and thinks, “Where am I headed?  Will this house soon be empty?”  God quicken our senses.  A word fitly spoken is as apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Brother Davis’ daughter… “Oh quicken my senses.”  Quicken us through your Son, thorough the Most Mighty.  Quicken those that are drifting.  The enemy wants souls to drift. 

Sister Dorothy brought me a song, “Drifting away from Jesus.” 

Quicken my senses and help me to not drift but to be concerned for anyone that is drifting.  Quicken my senses to those that are overwhelmed.  People are overwhelmed today.  Quicken my senses to those that are falling into a snare.

No comments:

Post a Comment