Thursday, October 23, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 10/22/14

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 10/22/14
Jud 1:1  Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jud 1:2  Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

The servant of Jesus Christ was writing this to those that have been saved, sanctified and preserved.  “Mercy unto you.”

Isn’t it wonderful to grasp that God has compassion for us on the journey.  Isn’t it wonderful that there is peace?  Peace is a wonderful, wonderful thing.  There is no source of true peace except God the Father, His Son, and the Holy Spirit of God. 

Probably every day and maybe many times a day we have opportunities where we could let something else move in and peace move out.  This scripture says, let it be multiplied.

Let love be multiplied.  A lot of things will pass away, but love will endure forever.

Jud 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Isn’t it wonderful to know that you are loved?  Faith has always been under attack and always will be.  We have to build our faith by praying and the scripture teaches us, “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

When the enemy is warring on us, he never encourages us to pray.  He keeps us trying to multitask.  Get to the Word of God and let the Word of God build you up.

Keep ourselves in the love of God.  I had an incident that got me upset yesterday.  I got to thinking, “Is this worth getting upset over?”  No, it wasn’t.  Keep yourself. “He that is begotten of God keepeth himself and the wicked one touches him not.”  There is nothing worth getting upset over and losing ground spiritually.

Jud 1:21  Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22  And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23  And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

If individuals are spotted by the flesh it will only be a matter of time and they will be guilty of the works of the flesh.  According to Galatians chapter five, if they do the works of the flesh they cannot inherit the kingdom of God.

Others save with fear.  This scripture is teaching us that you and I need to have a certain amount of the fear of terror of being lost forever, or we will go ahead and let people be lost and go to hell.  We will think, “God understands; they had a bad childhood, etc.” 

Others save with fear.  I realize, when we become diligent in trying to save a soul, we are well aware, “If I am rejected, I will lose them.” 

You and I need to have enough of God in our life to realize that “This garment is spotted by the flesh, I am responsible to do my best to pull them out of the fire.”

We are always hoping that what someone else says will help them, but if you are burdened then get ready to talk.  Before you ever say one thing then count the cost, “I am saved, sanctified, I am preserved, and I know that God is my peace whatever this will cost.”

Pull them out of the fire and hate the garments spotted by the flesh.  We have to have a real standard and hate the garments spotted by the flesh.

1Jn 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

If we become worldly, our garments will be spotted by the flesh.  The carnal mind is enmity against God.  If an individual has a carnal mind then they will spot their garments every time.

Heb 12:15  Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

If you allow the difficulties in life to turn you bitter, it is a root of bitterness.  Anything that will spot your garments is a root of bitterness.  When an individual gets spotted by the flesh, they get touchy.  They feel things that no one else feels, discern looks that no one else sees.  You say, “He looked at me funny.”  I cannot help that I am funny looking. 

If people allow their minds to go there, it is not long until something begins to work. It is a root of bitterness because it separates, takes control, and takes over.

When something troubles you it is the reason that we have an altar.  It is Jesus Christ.  In this congregation we have several altars.  If you say, “I am really troubled about this.”  If you don’t get to God with that then it will consume you.  We need to cast it into the lap of the Lord and say, “I’m not going to let anything trouble me.”

I really believe that those that have hindered the body of Christ need to lament.  I want to tell them that if I get a chance. 

The ‘root of bitterness’ means a root of poison.  There are things that come to my mind that if I don’t take care of instantly then it begins to grow a root.  When a root begins to grow it is a root of poison.
If I get mixed up at home and think that I am pouring a glass of water and it is a glass of something that is poisoned…  You better stay away from something that you know is poisoned. 

If I see a person that handles oil and other products from mechanicing.  I ask them, “Do you wear gloves?”  I don’t care who laughs at me wearing gloves; I personally have had my health affected from handling chevron oil products. 

Thereby many be defiled.  In this audience here tonight, there would be how many get up and say, “So-in-so backslid, cast a bad light, and it affected so-in-so.” 

Brother Powel told me that this dear sister’s husband backslid, got bitter and they had four daughters.  He worked on every one of them until he took them to the bar and ruined their lives.  He didn't need to go that way.  Dear old sister Steel would come in; She had stayed sweet though it all.

Hate the garments spotted by the flesh, and first make sure that there is no spot on me.  When I feel something working I am going to take care of it and not let it work.

Don’t let one spot stay on your garment from the flesh.  I really get stirred up when I read these beautiful hymns.  There are men that have been so inspired by God and then they let a spot get on their garment.

I just read “Sounding of the Trumpets” by Brother Emerson Wilson.  He was sounding out Bible Salvation, Bible sanctification,… but he let something spot his garments.

Children, parents, grandparents, keep your garments white. 

This is pure religion:
Jas 1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Church, even in our conversations, check how we talk every once in a while, ask someone that loves us, “Karen, help me to know how I sound in my conversation.”  I don’t want to pick up the street language from Paradise.  I want you to hear the pure undiluted gospel without anything that is spotted from the flesh.

Keep unspotted by the world: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.

Ecc 9:7  Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
Ecc 9:8  Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment.


Isn't that a beautiful, beautiful thing?  I can almost envision myself or you writing Sister Griffin, “Oh Dear Sister Griffin, may these years be so beautiful in your life, may you have food to eat that is manna from heaven.  May the presence of God be so close!  I am so glad for your testimony that you always kept your garments white and have obeyed those words that Sister Stewart said to you, “Be faithful to death.””

No comments:

Post a Comment