Thursday, March 13, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 3/12/14



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 3/12/14
Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Paul wrote to Timothy and said, “Give an attendance to reading.”  We will not understand everything of Revelations, but as my mother said, “What I know I can preach as good as anyone else and what I don’t know I don’t try to preach.” 

What I would like to say is “What I know I can measure to and what I don’t know God can reveal to His saints.” 

We see there is a blessing and a benefit for having it in our heart.  “God, I thank you for what I know and I thank you for what you are helping me to know and to grasp.”

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

If I am understanding it right, what God gave John on the isle of Patmos is what is vital to get started, grace and peace from God the Father, the Holy Spirit working in every church age, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness.

FG Smith’s thought was that He is the son of God that resurrected, the first begotten that died on the cross and rose again.

It is wonderful that you and I have a privilege of approaching the priest, who is above all those that think they have it all together and therefore are above others.  There is a prince of the kings of the earth. 

Unto Him that loved us:  it is wonderful to be loved tonight.  He knew our need; he knew what our need would be before we were ever born.  He loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood.

Aren’t you thrilled tonight!  I was reading the other night and read something that really thrilled my soul and I wished I had good knees and could jump and shout.  You young men jump and shout while you can.

Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

You can triumph and reign in this life.  This is one reason that we are a king.  There will be all sorts of things that will try to keep you from prospering spiritually or even from having your devotions or writing a letter or making a phone call.  We are kings and can triumph.

It is wonderful that we have the privilege.  One of the worst things that I know is being put into a position that you need to be in a Catholic service.  It is wonderful that there is a position with God where you can be a true priest and offer up spiritual sacrifices to God and have God come down. 

To Him be glory.  All glory belongs to Him.  All worship belongs to God alone.  The ways of the Lord are so right. 

God dealt with my heart this morning:  “Set your affection, heart, on spiritual things.”  It is springtime in the Rockies and we all enjoy it.  God help me to know what I am designed to worship: That is God alone.  He is to have all the worship and all the glory.

Without Jesus we can do nothing.  God help us to worship Him with everything that we have.  I want to know how to give God all the glory that He deserves.  You and I don’t want any of the dominion or a place to rule in the flesh.  The dominion belongs to God and He has all power.  He knows how to break into a situation that is impossible except for Him.

Don’t let unbelief break in on you.  “I could never say anything.”  People’s unbelief breaks in on you, “Don’t say anything to me.”  And then at the Judgment say, “Why did you not say anything?” 

People are controllers.  Everyone has an agenda and wants to push it in on you.  We are called to be kings and priests.  There is only one God and we have to serve Him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

God is a God of new beginnings and you are not too old, I’m not too old, a child is not too young, a child can start a new beginning.  “I am going to have more virtue, more modesty, and more boldness.”  He is a God of new beginnings. 

He is the God of endings.  “All my life I battled this and that.”  It is time to have an ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment