Monday, March 31, 2014

Brother Bill Sunday School 3/30/14



Brother Bill Sunday School 3/30/14
In the Seventh Seal time, the Laodicean time, it appears that God is instructing His people to draw close to Him.  “If any man hear and open the door, I will come in and sup with him.”

I have been applying these lessons to myself.  That is the way the body works.  We are just working to build up one another. 

Rev 4:1  After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

The Trumpet, the message or the preaching or teaching of God, is always telling the saints to come up hither.  That is the trumpet message.  It is always encouraging us to be closer to God and more for God.

If we draw closer and closer to God, He will show us things. 

Quotes I have written in the front of my bible:  before you ever wake, He is waiting.  When you wake in the morning, He is waiting to meet with you.  This ought to inspire us to meet with Him. 

We receive instruction from being at Jesus feet.  In John 21, the disciples went fishing and caught no fish.  Jesus told them from the shore to cast on the other side and then they caught a multitude of fish.  When they came, Jesus had fish all ready.  They ate together and Jesus gave instruction to Peter, “Feed my sheep.”

Being in His presence will make you Christ-like.  The source of wisdom is prayer.  Appearing before God gives you strength.  Go from strength to strength.  You are not worth anything if you don’t spend time in prayer. 

By spending much time in prayer, it will help you to know the will of God.  Don’t you want to know the will of God?  I don’t want to take any calling upon myself or push any doors open.  At the same time, I hope I have enough God to not just live, work, retire, live a while longer, and then die. 

If God would be pleased my desire is that He would help me to be active for Him now and as we live throughout the years that we be fruitful for God.

Prayer reveals our need, brings us into fellowship with God, with one another, and reveals the mind of Christ.

We cause prosperity to our souls by frequenting our time with Him in prayer.

We will be drawn closer to God in prayer by spending time alone with God.  Even spending just a few minutes in prayer benefits us.  Time after time spending extra time with God, I get up feeling like I’ve been touched.  You can say the same thing.  You just feel like you have been affected by getting alone with Him.

A lot of secrets are revealed through secret prayer.  It is in His presence we see our condition.  Unless you have that bonding with God then you will drift.  Spend time bonding with God.  He wants to draw closer and closer to you.

The way you get the tongue of the learned is by getting between the cherubims, spending time alone with God.

God loves to spend time with you.  Prayer puts all things in their proper perspective.  David wrote, “Truly God is good to Israel and to such as are of a clean heart.”  He was starting to look at the prosperity of the wicked he said, “Until I went into the sanctuary, then understood I their end.”  Then I got my perspective; I got it together.

The enemy loves to get us out of church so that we are not spending time with Him.  It is good for me to draw near to God.

Rev 4:1  After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
Rev 4:2  And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

As we get before God, it may be a situation where God will say, “I’m still on the throne.  I am still in control.”  Spending time with God will give you the portion that you need.

Rev 4:3  And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

Maybe the message will be “The promises of God are still true” and God will speak His Word to you.  We know that we can trust God.  We have been in the pews however many years; we know we have a prayer answering God.  In the situation that I was in just recently it was proved again.  I felt I was spiraling down, but God took care of it.

Rev 4:4  And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

Maybe the message will be, “You are not the only one that is saved; God has seven thousand that have never bowed their knee to Baal.” 

The picture is bigger than that within your four walls.  I am a God that knows how to deal with people; I have a people that are clothed in white raiment. 

The apostle John was not better than anyone else; he was probably a man that spent much time in prayer.  That may be why God showed him what He did. 

I believe that God wants to show us some things.  It will not be things off the wall or contrary to the Word.  It will not be something that will cause problems and all that. 

In my life I want to have a better understanding how to walk with Him.  I was praying recently, “God, help me to have a better understanding how you want me to walk and help me to walk that way.”  There are things that we want from Him and there are things that He wants for us.

Rev 21:9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

I will show you the bride.  Don’t you just love all the ‘comes’ in the Revelations?  Come hither and I will show you Babylon.  We don’t want to get ecumenical.  We want to have just as clear as eyesight as we can have so that we don’t open the doors that shouldn’t be opened.  ‘Come hither’ means position yourself before me.

Exo 34:29  And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.
Exo 34:30  And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

He had spent time with God and it showed on his face.  Challenge yourself to get closer and closer to God.  Challenge yourself.  You don’t have to tell anyone, “Brother I am drawing closer to God.”  Just do it, and it will reflect out in your life.

Psa 16:11  Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Psa 68:8  The earth shook, the heavens also dropped at the presence of God: even Sinai itself was moved at the presence of God, the God of Israel.

What power to cause even the mountains to shake!  God help us. 

We need revival at the school.  I am disgusted with the adults.  What bad examples.  They want to tell the kids to take off their hats when they come into the school and then they live like they do.  God help us to have such presence of God in our lives that we go down the halls and the presence of God will cause people to just start shaking.

Psa 97:5  The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Exo 33:9  And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses.
Exo 33:10  And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.
Exo 33:11  And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

Can you imagine this?  Joshua, a young man, went into the tabernacle with Moses.  It affected Him to such an extent having God talk to Moses as a friend face to face.  It caused him to not want to leave there. 

Rev 8:1  And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
Rev 8:2  And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Rev 8:3  And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev 8:4  And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
Rev 8:5  And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Rev 8:6  And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

Psa 141:2  Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Revelations says, ‘much incense.’  See what happened with all the prayers of the saint?  They took the censor and filled it with fire from the altar and cast it into the earth, His people.  There were voices, thundering, and lightening.  They prepared themselves to sound, that is spending time in prayer.

Act 10:1  There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Act 10:2  A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Act 10:3  He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.
Act 10:4  And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.

Act 10:9  On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

Our prayers will not go unnoticed to God.  Cornelius was a man that prayed to God always.  Peter went up to pray.  I don’t believe that Peter was anyone that was greater than anyone else.  He was just a man that applied himself to God.

We see in Acts the effects of those that were praying.

Luk 2:36  And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;
Luk 2:37  And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.
Luk 2:38  And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Here was a woman that was given to prayer.  God allowed her to see the Christ child.

No comments:

Post a Comment