Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 3/23/14



Brother Gary Sunday Evening 3/23/14
Pro 8:17  I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

This is the attitude of Jesus and of the Father.  Isn’t that wonderful?  The father, the Son, the Holy Ghost love those that love Him.  When we seek Him, we find Him. 

Pro 8:18  Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

The riches of His grace, the riches of the fruits of the Spirit, the riches of peace:

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

In a world that doesn’t know much about love; it is wonderful to know the riches of love and of being loved. 
The riches of joy: treasures unseen, it is hard to see joy but it is such a treasure. 

Oh what a treasure I have in this peace buried deep in my heart.  Peace, peace wonderful peace…  This peace is not limited to the daylight hours or living in a security community.  You don’t have to have a gun, or hornet or bear spray to have peace.  You may not have the perfect family, the perfect home or the perfect job but you can have peace.

Long suffering, let’s suffer a little while longer.  Let’s suffer as we would want others to suffer if we were in trouble.  Let’s suffer a little while longer and pray a little more.

I have been convicted that God would give me a tongue of the learned that I would know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary.  The law of kindness should not only be in the mouth of a virtuous woman but also in a man of valor. 

Goodness:  it is wonderful to have it in our heart to do good.  Oh the goodness of God that leads men and women to repentance.  It is sad to see one in a wheel chair that once made a living growing a farm.  It is wonderful though that those children still have their mother.

One day there was a man by name of CW Naylor.  He was severely injured and confined to a bed and a bird came by seeming to say, “Cheer-up.”  God has a way of working with those that are severely injured.  He is so experienced and has all knowledge and understanding.  He knows how to bring to the one that has never heard before.

He knows how to speak to whoever that soul might be.  God knows the Flathead.  He knows Ecuador.  He knows my brother’s exact address.  The goodness of God can bring conviction.

What riches there are in faith!  Be rich in faith.  I don’t know money but this one thing I know, I know what faith can do.  You never know if you have enough money.  A quarter may not even buy a banana.  But faith in God lays hold on one that is mighty.  It can start a flame worthy of a quarter’s worth of gas.

To know temperance in our life is a wonder of God.  Felix trembled when Paul spoke to him of temperance. 

Pro 8:19  My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.
Pro 8:20  I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:
Pro 8:21  That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Don’t have capacities too small for God to fill.

Pro 8:30  Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Pro 8:31  Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Pro 8:32  Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

I thought about this, this afternoon again.  I thought of God the Father and His only begotten Son.  God the father and His son had such a relationship.  The relationship of fathers and sons, of grandmas and grandpas and grandchildren, the best expression and example I can give doesn’t come up with a relationship equal to the Father and the son. 

How it warms my heart.  The Son says, “I was always rejoicing before Him in the habitable part of His earth.”  To think all the glories of heaven! 

In this world that you and I have reached 2014.  They talk about saving the oils, the gold and the silver.  They are careful to try to preserve how many fish are caught out of the ocean… it goes on and on. 

Jesus said I have an interest:  “my delights are with the sons of men.”  To think of the Son of God choosing for you and for me, for this child and these children that have been prayed for.  Jesus makes them his delight.  He makes us that have aged also His delight.  For you children that will be in school tomorrow, how the son of God makes you His delight!

Harken to me and hear instruction, be wise.  Don’t be the simple fool that listens to his own heart and goes away a prodigal. 

Pro 8:33  Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
Pro 8:34  Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

I thought of you and me waiting, not running ahead: if Jesus goes with me I’ll go.

Pro 8:35  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.

Shall obtain favor of the Lord:  the favor is the good pleasure of the Lord.  He that finds me finds life and shall obtain the good pleasure of the Lord.

Pro 8:36  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

He that sins against me wrongs his own soul.  Those that hate me love death.  This word death means they love ruin.  I thought, “I’ve seen too much.”  There are some things that go together: Life, blessing, the favor of God.  Rejecting Christ they wrong their own soul.  The wise man says they love ruin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment