Thursday, November 14, 2013

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/13/13



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/13/13
Isa 37:14  And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.

We have a great privilege of spreading this letter, the Word of God, before God.  It is a wonderful thing when God speaks His Word to us.  It never loses the beauty that it had when He spoke it to us.  It is there over and over again.

Isa 43:13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

As I go over the prayer requests that come in, there is no question but there is a desperate need for God to work with souls.  There would be no reason to mention how much ‘wherever-it-is’ needs the gospel; it is the same everywhere.

We have this letter where God said, “I will work and who will let it?”  Who will let God work God’s way?

Luk 12:41  Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
Luk 12:42  And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
Luk 12:43  Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Luk 12:44  Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
Luk 12:45  But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
Luk 12:46  The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48  But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Jesus asked the question, “Who will be a wise servant?” 

The emphasis of every one of our lives is to edify the body of Christ and to win the lost.  There is the burden for the sick and to help with missions along with that.  There is the burden to help the saints wherever they are at.

In the midst of that Jesus asked the question, “Who is the wise servant?”  Every one that is here would have the thought, “I want to be a wise servant and know how to present something before God and know how to receive an answer from God.”

Jesus left the thought that the faithful and wise servant would be found so doing.

Every one of us knows from our personal experience, we sang a beautiful song tonight, hymn 149, Glorious Peace that was written by DO Teasley.  It brings a chill to your spirit and your life:  DO Teasley did not keep that wonderful experience.  It is very sad.

We are challenged tonight.  “God we don’t want to allow the spirit of unbelief, the spirit of the day, or the input from somebody that is trying to push the will of the flesh over on you to cause us to believe that the Lord is delaying his coming.”  And you begin to beat the men and lady servants and to eat and drink.

The servant that is affected by the world:  My thought is not to be obnoxious here but we need to realize that as a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ with whom so much has been entrusted, the world and the people of the world would try to educate us with their thought pattern that we don’t need to be all that serious about the things of God.  There has never been a bigger lie.  We need to be that serious.

That servant who knew his lord’s will.  I am blessed because you and I have the opportunity to get this letter before God and say, “I am your servant and more than anything else I want to know your will.”  There are a lot of things in the scripture that are spelled out very well. 

Prepareth not himself:  All of us have been taught to be prepared.  Sunday morning Sister Teri was prepared.  We heard the echo’s of how the lesson was from others.  Sunday Night sister Alice had a challenge getting here but she had a good lesson that spoke to all of us.

That servant that knew the Lord’s will and prepared himself.  I won’t ask anyone this foolish question:  “Does it seem that you have gobs of time to get ready for your responsibility?”  It is not that way. Our lives are full of so many things that if we are not very diligent we will find ourselves unprepared for the situation.  We always feel condemned and convicted when we feel that we were not prepared.  We don’t want to lose that conviction.

There are a lot of voices; the biggest is the voice of your flesh and the voice of your will.  There are those that deal with the thought of ‘the will’ and try to prove that there is a difference between your will and the flesh.  They get so theological that they lose themselves in it.  Even Jesus prayed, “Not my will.” 

All of us love our families and everyone that has heard from their families in the last month may as I do want a recording of our conversation.  I would like to have a recording of the last call from my brother and play it over and over again.  It was not to ask me to go to Deer Lodge or any of the creeks that he has asked me to go to.  He said, “I want to visit with you.  I cherish getting to talk to you.” 

There is a lot going on in the lives in those that we know and love.  There is a serious note, there are individuals that, I’m not saying are con artists or manipulators, but there are individuals that people pick us out because they like us, know our thoughts, and know we love them.  Just because you are asked to do something does not mean that it is God’s will.  If they get offended then they got the problem.  You are not their savior.

If you haven’t heard from your son for six weeks because he got offended then they are the ones that have a problem.  We are so careful to protect our little nest; if the egg is rotten, it is rotten. 

I’m not here to offend, I am here to say we can get before God and say, “Dear God I have a beautiful letter from you.”  This letter is where Jesus taught us about the will of God. 

Jas 4:15  For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

There are a lot of things that would be presented to us as good.  My wife is a nurse and she could make a lot of money but when she gets called she says, “I cannot work, I have church that night.”

We have the marvelous privilege of doing the will of God.  I’m talking about in our everyday life, those decisions that we make. 

We have people that remember us in the fall season.  There may be people that remember you at thanksgiving time.  You have a wonderful privilege of saying, “Father, My will would be this...  I bring it to you and ask, ‘What is your will?’”

I am thankful that some of the saint’s children will be here for Wednesday’s service and disappointed that ours may not be.  We want the will of the Lord.

There is nothing sadder than feeling that we failed to do the will of God.  The will of God is practical. It is not a monster and does not put more on you than you can bear.  It is the world, the will of people, and our own personal will that will cause us to take on a whole lot more than what we can handle and do. 

What gets us in trouble with God is not doing His will.  We know that there is an Eternal God in heaven.  In His greatness He has marvelous exploits for every soul that is saved.  If for whatever reasons some soul fails to do as God wants, the scripture says he will be beaten with a few stripes.

Jesus taught us and his life taught us concerning the will of God, to pray: 

Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

However close I have brought that to my life up to this day is how close I have brought it.  From this day ‘til I stand in the presence of God, I want to take that teaching and keep it as a letter before God.  “Father I want your will to be done.”  I want to pray and keep that prayer. 

In order to do His will, I need to leave off my will sometimes.  We must have it settled:  “I want God’s will done in my life.”  I don’t know what God wants you to do.  It is not my job to say who should bake cookies, etc.  He has given you an ear and a heart to write on as God speaks.

Jesus taught us:

Joh 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

We cannot do anything of ourselves. 

“I seek not my own will,” Jesus said this.  A saved sanctified person has a will.  If I had my will there would be a lot of cookies around our house and they would go fast.  There are cookies and I appreciate them when they are there.  If I am going to walk then I cannot eat a lot of cookies.

I’d really like this or that or something else.  Jesus said, “I seek not my own will, I seek the will of Him that sent me.”

Jesus was praying in the garden at the Mount of Olives.  He knelt and prayed.  Here we see Jesus saying, “Father if thou be willing.”  There are times when the Father’s will is different than our will.  We say He is King of kings and Lord of lords and that is when He and we find if that is true.

Jesus prayed, “Father if it be thy will...”  There are things that you and I don’t want to go through.  I can say to this audience that there are things that we don’t want to see our children go through.  We will pray and pray and pray.  We don’t want to see our children mess up their life with getting mixed up with Babylon or lodges. 

These evil spirits are out in the world today and evil men will make an inroad.  There are not only the wild Pentecostals but also the wild lodge people that say “Prosperity is found by belonging to us, we will set you up here or there.”  What is the profit if we gain the whole world and lose our soul?

The wild Pentecostals are saying, “We are giving turkeys and pies away.”  We would say, don’t take that turkey, let me get you one with no strings attached.

Jesus prayed, “Not my will.”  Then an angel appeared strengthening Jesus.  That angel will only appear to strengthen us when we say, “May the will of God be done.” 

The affects of this page of Jesus’ life are seen and unseen.  There have been pages like this in many of our lives in this audience tonight.  We knew that we were in need of divine intervention, and if things went the way that we didn’t want them to go, then the pain would be indescribable.  Jesus’ human didn’t want that pain any more than you and I do.

The affects of this page of Jesus life that are seen: Jesus was in agony, he prayed the more earnestly.  Probably everyone in this audience has been right here pleading with God, “Oh God change so and so.”  We don’t know the whole pie of what things cost others.  I know maybe two inches of the fifteen inch pie that my brother is holding.  Many of us don’t want to go here, because the agony.

In agony:  I think of brother DS Warner and the agony when he was used and abused over and over and over.  This is the way it is with some of you folks.  I don’t deal with self pity or make room for it.  But there are some in this audience that have been used and abused.  We can get before God when someone has a sharp pen, sharp elbow or sharp pencil. 

The pain, Jesus in agony, most of us have a hard time staying there.  We want to take the thought, “I hope it works out…”  No don’t run off, wait it through. 

Jesus prayed more earnestly.  This is a marvelous wonderful thing that we have this page of Jesus’ life.  It is marvelous.  Jesus was passing through His will to the will of God.  Beautiful isn’t it:  Passing through His will to the will of God.

As He was, His sweat was as the drops of blood and fell to the ground.  I have read that there are excruciating situations and occasions when people are in such agony and pain that literally drops of blood come out of their body and drop to the ground.  When we think of Jesus choosing His will and the affect it had on all that were before Him.  All that believed in Him as the messiah in the Old Testament; it was counted to them as righteousness.

I think of all the miracles.  I think of Jesus dealing with Thomas.  I think of His dealing with the disciples.  In my study of Thessalonians Paul didn’t stay long when he went there because they run him off.  There was something in his heart that he wrote them letters.

I think of miracles and the Word of God being preached.  We have come late in the Gospel Day and we are glad that we are here.  We are thankful for the good preachers that we have heard.  Brother McConahae could stand there in cowboy boots and preach the heavens open.  He could preach for an hour from Revelations and then look at his clock, “No I couldn’t have been preaching that long.” 

Jesus paid a great price to do the will of God.  I think of the hope that it brings.  Owen, a grandson, there is hope because Jesus chose the will of God.  His grandma has chosen to be before God saying, “Oh God I choose your will at any cost.” 

I think of the ones that are sick and afflicted; how you and I go before God and take Jesus’ testimony: He suffered the stripes.  He didn’t want those stripes.  Kindly, divine healing only comes from the Lord Jesus Christ and there is no other healing.  We are not trusting in Obama care or any other care.  We know that He cares for us.

Parents and those that are here tonight are saying, “Oh God we are going to do your will.”  Oh parents and grandparents, at any cost do the will of God.  Don’t be one of the crazy people in the world that you shake your head at.  At any cost do the will of God.

God chose Jesus to be slain from the foundation of the world.  This page goes into eternity.

God said, “I’m going to bruise Satan’s head.”

Jesus said, “I came to do the will of God.” 

The affect is for yesterday and today.  If someone says that they are saved, emphasize that

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Th 4:3  For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4  That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

This is the will of God in everything to give thanks.

The Bondage of Love:
  1. O sweet will of God! thou hast girded me ’round,
    Like the deep, moving currents that girdle the sea;
    With omnipotent love is my poor nature bound,
    And this bondage to love sets me perfectly free.
    • Refrain:
      Hallelujah! hallelujah! my soul is now free!
      For the precious blood of Jesus cleanseth even me.
  2. For years my soul wrestled with vague discontent
    That like a sad angel o’ershadowed my way;
    God’s light in my soul with the darkness was blent,
    And my heart ever longed for an unclouded day.
  3. And now I have flung myself recklessly out,
    Like a chip on the stream of the Infinite Will;
    I pass the rough rocks with a smile and a shout,
    And I just let my God His dear purpose fulfill.
  4. Forever I choose the good will of my God,
    Its holy, deep riches to love and to know;
    The serfdom of love to so sweeten the rod,
    That its touch maketh rivers of honey to flow.
  5. Roll on, checkered seasons, bring smiles or bring tears,
    My soul sweetly sails on an infinite tide;
    I shall soon touch the shores of eternity’s years,
    And near the white throne of my Savior abide.

No comments:

Post a Comment