Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/10/13



Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/10/13
Hezekiah received a threatening letter and brought it to the Lord.

Isa 37:14  And Hezekiah received the letter from the hand of the messengers, and read it: and Hezekiah went up unto the house of the LORD, and spread it before the LORD.
Isa 37:15  And Hezekiah prayed unto the LORD, saying,
Isa 37:16  O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.
Isa 37:17  Incline thine ear, O LORD, and hear; open thine eyes, O LORD, and see: and hear all the words of Sennacherib, which hath sent to reproach the living God.
Isa 37:18  Of a truth, LORD, the kings of Assyria have laid waste all the nations, and their countries,
Isa 37:19  And have cast their gods into the fire: for they were no gods, but the work of men's hands, wood and stone: therefore they have destroyed them.
Isa 37:20  Now therefore, O LORD our God, save us from his hand, that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that thou art the LORD, even thou only.

It was so real to me Wednesday night as I preached.  (The letter was spread there before God.  It was from a king that desired to capture Him and all Jerusalem.  It was very discouraging and black.  Hezekiah spread the letter before God.)  God moved on me as I was praying before God and worshipping that I should spread the letter of my heart before God. 

In my heart and soul there are a lot of pages.  There is the page of thanksgiving, the pages of requests, and the pages of hopes. 

My emphasis this morning is this: if you have received a letter, a call, an email, an invitation, a threat; if you have a heartache shared with you; you may have had someone share an opinion that really troubles you; perhaps you received a letter of accusation, or a call of hopelessness.  It is amazing how many individuals feel hopeless 2013.  Someone may have shared with you a perplexing problem that they don’t have an answer to. 

If you have received any communication that is a part of your heart:  A coworker of Karen’s is distressed because of a typhoon headed to the Philippines where her mother is.  There is no way of receiving communication.  They don’t even know how to estimate the losses. 

Some of these communications become a part of our heart.  It is not wrong.  We have concern for family members that are aged or in trouble.  We have pages of our heart.

Let us follow the example of Hezekiah and spread the page out before God in faith, necessity, and obedience.

Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Eze 36:28  And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
Eze 36:29  I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.
Eze 36:30  And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen.

One of the greatest needs of the church today is realizing what God has done and praising Him for it.  It will bring a brokenness and a coming to Him. 

If your page is full of carnality and of self, get that page before God.  He suffered without the gate that He could sanctify you.  The will power, carnality, nature to sin, and inherited sin are all the same thing. 

Where there is struggles with those things, take it to God and say, “God you have something better.”  God says, “Sure I do.  My son suffered without the gate to remove that nature so that you can follow me completely.” 

May everyone here take themselves before God to spread out the pages of their heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment