Monday, November 18, 2013

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/17/13



Brother Gary Sunday Morning 11/17/13
I’m so thankful that we can bring our pages before God as Hezekiah did.  I’m thankful to that we can bring these pages of the Word before Him.  In the Word, there are scriptures for young men, for young ladies, for people that are sick...  There are promises to take and present to God. 

There is a perfection to be gained.  We thank God for what we know and for what we have learned and for people that are able to come and say, “I think your attitude needs to be perfected.”  We will take it.  We want the right attitude in every situation.

I desire to look at this page in David’s heart that he recorded in Psalms 40.  David knew the horrible pit and he knew the sounds of that pit.  There are terrific sound effects in the horrible pit.  I believe we need to ask God to help us remember some of the sound effects that we had when we were there.  We have the testimonies of others that they have left of the sound effects of despair in the horrible pit. 

We have the sound effects of David when he got out of that horrible pit:

Psa 40:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

May God encourage your and my heart that when we cry to Him He will hear and He will answer.

Psa 40:2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

I can see myself and the saints taking this scripture and saying, “Oh God you see this burden that I have for this one that is lost.  God you brought David out of that horrible pit.  You did it for us.  You delivered me from that horrible pit.  You kept your word to me and now I am praying for this one that is in this horrible pit and in the miry clay.” 

I emphasize this morning, the words that David chose in the Hebrew are of a descriptive measure that not only are they in a horrible pit, but the sounds of despair, the sounds of hopelessness. 

America is full of hopelessness and it is affecting men and women spiritually.  Homes, jobs, healthcare, the police force, all are in despair.  There is such hopelessness.

David was delivered from the miry clay.  The miry clay clings to people.  It is a sad thing that people mess with sin, regret that they did it, and then it becomes a part of them that they go back and do it over and over again.  You talk about destroying self confidence.  There are not enough self help books written.  They go back and repeat it again and again.

I think of the high school boy that killed Mrs. Pounds.  It was not long until it went to another murder and then he went to kill his boss and her husband.  The husband had a .22 hid in the basement and one shell and that is where it ended.  He probably regretted the first act but he had it on him and it clung to him.

I want to make it as bad as it is for several reasons, we don’t want to go there and we want to do our best to teach the children today.  Don’t mess with sin.  God has a wonderful plan. 

David was a man mightily used of God but he made bad choices.  He allowed his will to be affected by his fleshly desires.  He repented and now he is describing the terribleness.

God set his feet on a rock and established his goings:  There is a way out of that pit.

We need to encourage those in the horrible pit that there is a way out and there is a rock to stand on.  We have found it, David found it, and they can find it.

Don’t make it a habit of your life to rush in and rush out of services.  If you do then you miss some of it.  Fellowship with the saints.

Psa 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Aren’t you happy for a song that is not all about you; that has joy and peace?  Aren’t you happy for the new song, a song of praise for God?

Psa 40:4  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

Isn’t it wonderful to be trusting God?  Aren’t you sorry for those that are in the horrible pit, sick and wondering what is going to happen to them.  They have children here and children there and wonder what is going to happen to them.  They are unemployed and wonder what is going to happen to them.

There are a lot of bullies that have a proud air about them.  We all know bullies.  They are terrible.  They are full of pride and insecurities.  They come on with this great big air about them, “You better do what I want you to or this or that.” 

If we allow the pride in people’s lives to get us to surrender to them then we allow our will to be submitted to them.  Instead of pleasing God and doing His will, we are pleasing the bully.

Psa 40:5  Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

This eternal God that sent His son to be my savior is a God that has a lot of thoughts toward every one of us.  I know that in my personal life there are definite measures that I must take or I will miss the thoughts that God has for me.  I cannot start my morning with emails or the news, the cares of life, or any of the influx from the world that will come to us through the media or I miss the thought that God has for me.

It is vital that we get this page that David left us before God.  I think of how God used David for the building of the temple.  What a hunger we have to do something for God.  There is something within my spiritual man that wants to do more for God than we have ever done before.

The only way that I can do more for God is with the body of Christ helping me.  I am older and if I ever had any talent, I have less today.

Thy thoughts to me are more than I can recon.  They are more than I can count.  I preach this not only to myself.  May God challenge you with the Word of God and with David’s testimony.  God’s thoughts are not small thoughts or thoughts of defeat.  He wants us to do exploits for him.

Psa 40:6  Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.

God was dealing with David concerning deep spiritual things.  He had been delivered from the horrible pit and the miry clay.  He was guilty of adultery and murder.  Had he not gotten his heart before God and repented, he would have repeated these actions God only knows how many times. 

Stay true to God.  Don’t allow the Laodicean spirit to affect you.  The Laodicean spirit says, “We’re the church and we are it…” that spirit has affected many.  They forgot how little they were and how much they need God.  They have reached the place where they don’t know if they can ever be wrong, they are almost a potentate.

God dealt with David concerning deep spiritual things.  We are glad for how deep you are in the understanding that you have to teach and understand the Word of God.  We are glad for every one of those precious jewels that you have your roots down on and they have become a part of your spiritual breastplate. 

David went to the thought of, “God is not so much interested in sacrifice and offering.”  He had a grasp that God was dealing with him and telling him, “I’m not so interested in these animals that are being offered to make a blood sacrifice to me.  I am extremely interested in that you delight to do my will.”

Psa 40:7  Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Psa 40:8  I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

God is speaking to me and telling me that He is looking for this experience where men and women delight to do the will of God.  There is a great experience where people enjoy serving God.  You can live torn with doing your will or God’s will.  Let me help you.  God has a wonderful experience where you delight to do God’s will.

God moved on David, “It isn’t the offering of animals, I have a messiah.”

David knew it was God’s will and he said, “It is my will that I will delight to do thy will and thy Word is written in my heart.”

David said, “I delight to do thy will.”

I have been interested in the will of God ever since I got saved.  I have read books on the will of God.  As I was reading they may have written it but I didn’t grasp that the will of God is your will that is inspired by God. 

Everyone in this audience possesses a will.  There are many individuals and spirits that want to inspire your will.  Our flesh is the greatest one that wants to inspire our will.  It is not because we are not sanctified, Jesus himself fought this.

There are people that are name droppers.  I was with Dr so in so, I was here and there and saw the banker over here…  They are name droppers.  There are also people that drop things into your mind that they want you to do so that you will do their will.  “You have elk?  Never had any…” 

God has His perfect will for you.  I want you to be right where God wants you.  Where would God will for you to be?  Take it right to him and say, “God inspire my will.”  I would like to be exactly what God wants me to be in Superior today.  “I want my will to be what you would have my will to be.”

“What would you will that I say?  What would be your will in the event that we get to talk to the two precious ladies that want to get a ride to Paradise?” 

I want to talk to you about the Word of God inspiring your heart and your will.  The Word of God is powerful.  When the Word of God speaks to you and tells you, “I want you to go visit so-in-so.”  It is powerful.  When He speaks to you, “I have greater depths and higher heights.”  It is powerful.

When it says “I want you to feast on these things,” it is never just a snack.  It is a great big meal.  It is so marvelous.  I can never just stick with one scripture.  There are scriptures here and over there and even more than that.

“God it is fine if I am the only one praying.  If you want me to have a new song or an old song, whatever you want, inspire my will.”  When the Word of God begins to come and we feel that drawing toward God, when God comes down, the hour with Him in the morning is too short.  The Word of God inspires our will. 

I will never forget when my uncle and aunt told me that they wanted to give me money with strings attached.  I told them that what I wanted was their love.  My whole thought is this:  if God moves upon whomever like he did Brother Maxwell, to send 10,000 dollars, he didn’t call and say I’ll give you this money if you do what I want.  When God moves upon us then it inspires our will.  God moved on him to want this country church to have $10,000.

If you want inspiration in your life then it will have to come from the Word of God.  It is inspired by God.  God’s will is the holy inspiration upon our will.  Not what you will to this or that one, but upon the will: “I’m going to do this or that.”  It is the holy inspiration upon our soul.

The law in the Old Testament was given as a guide.  If you need direction in your life, here it is.  Let this be your guide.  We don’t have to fear where it will guide.  You look around and say, “It looks like I’m going to be a bachelor or old-maid.  You will be until God adds someone to you.”  There are not very many jobs but there are not very many unemployed people here either.  Let this be your guide.  You don’t need to be afraid of what God has for you.

This Word of God is designed to always point you forward.  Go forward, go forward.  It is not the thought that we have attained but we are not going backward.

It gives instruction and leads to peace.  The Word of God leads to truth.  It leads to happiness.  We look at David’s heart and now for a few minutes we look at the pages of our heart.  Every book has a title page.  It is vital.  It contains the new birth and the life of a servant.  We all have those pages of our songs. 

The page of our praises:  I was telling Karen this week, there needs to be a big page; there is a lot on my page.  I remember just before my mother was usured into eternity.  Brother Hines was in Missoula, we only had money to go to the services one night.  Karen said, “Lets go the first night.”  On our way home we had no money for treats. 

We went the first night and it was so good that we made every endeavor to go again.  On the way back we hit black ice and met three oncoming cars.  God spared Karen and I and our children while my mother was at home on her death bed.  From 79 to today, look at all God has done.  He has been wonderful. 

Make sure you have things on your pages of your heart.  Get them before God every once in a while. 

I want to talk to you of the pages that are influencing your life.  I plead with you.  Take that sheet over to God and say, “God, help me know who to let influence my life.”  To anyone with small children, oh may God bring a seriousness upon us, “who is influencing my life.” 

There were those days that people wanted to come to Montana and Idaho because they wanted to have an influence.  One day in the midst of the church deals that went on, one of the brothers said, “I could call Gary; I have an influence upon him.”  I said to the brother that called to tell me, “I don’t want to be mean, I like the man but if he doesn’t have God’s influence then he has no influence over me.”

Pray, “God I want you to give me a pastor, a teacher, mothers in Zion, and I want that to be my influence.”  What you allow to influence you is how you will serve God whether lackadaisically, in a hurry…

The page of answered prayers:  I will never forget the night that Brother Bob called with a request for his wife, “We need a miracle from God.”  I’ll never forget how God has come to our rescue in days of sorrow.  How He has always come through when we were so poor we couldn’t pay attention.

It is important that you have those pages of desire before God.  Whatever your desire is, it is good to have them, but have them before God.  “God I want to be my best at whatever vocation and especially the vocation of serving God.” 

I wonder if it is someone in this audience that God has his hand on to take the gospel a distance from this congregation.  It breaks my heart that there is not a place in Canada that I know of that I can go to fellowship besides Sister Sheri’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment