Monday, December 24, 2012

Brother Jim Snead Sunday School 12/23/12



Brother Jim Snead Sunday School 12/23/12
Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psa 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Pro 16:7  When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

His promises are very good.

We can back the word of God as a salesman.  It is 110% proven.  If you study a self-help book you will find that the ways that work are all backed by the word of God.  I read the book, How to get people to do what you want them to do. It all went back to Godly principals. 

The promise of “You’re going to reap what you sew” can be seen to be true.  We can stand behind this Word.  In this changing world, we can count on the Word of God.

We are joint heirs; that blows my mind.  We are continually needy.  The supply that backs the promise, “My God shall supply all your need” is not like a bank account, because it never runs dry. 

We are joint heirs, we cannot help the family that we are born into naturally, but think of the marvelous family of God.  We are workers together. 

People will use you to their end.  This was not my thought in reading the self help books.  The thought was, “Why didn’t you learn this earlier?  It is time to learn it now.”

Joh 10:10  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

He has come to give us abundant life.  We don’t need to barely squeak through.  He has come to bless us abundantly.

Joh 12:32  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

I’m not afraid to put this Word out and tell anyone.  It is something that I tested and have proved.  When I started to serve God, I thought, “That sounds good, can it be true?”  The Lord encouraged me, “test and see.”  He cleaned up my foul mouth; before I couldn’t help what came out because it was within.  He cleaned me up.  I tested it and it works.

3Jn 1:1  The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
3Jn 1:2  Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

This is what He has for us and it is His wish for us: that we prosper and be in health.  I really enjoy my freedom, spiritual freedom that I can serve Christ freely.  He is a good master; he will not put on us more than we can bear.  He wants us to prosper and to be in health. 

We may wonder if we will live to retire.  I was on the road a lot and when I was close enough I would be in church.  I would grab something to eat and then drive to Seattle or where I was working.  I looked forward to retirement. 

Where I was on the railroad, I was caged in a machine most of the day.  95% of the time my mind belonged to the railroad.  I wanted to make sure my machine was ok.  It was against the rules to read, but if I had everything ready to go then I had a book. 

When they were ready to go then I gave 110 percent.  I was caged in a machine and they told us to always have our head in a swivel.  If I saw a bottleneck I would call them so that it could be cleared up so that no one would be hindered in their work.  We were workers together to try to have production. 

They didn’t want to let me go but I thank the Lord that I am free.  I had cramps from just sitting.  When I got off work at night I thought, “I want to enjoy life after the railroad”, so I would exercise a little. 

Bodily exercise profits little, but it does profit some.  I had a roommate that would lay down and take a nap after work. I thought, “I have to take care of myself and do what I can to help myself.”  When I got off I went for a walk.  It was good for me, it helped me. 

Others looked at me funny for walking four or five miles to Wal-Mart.  I told them that I had to if I wanted to survive.  It all ties together.  God has a plan for us. 

There are those that want to enjoy life so they try to take care of their body when they can, eating right and getting exercise is all good for you.  Brother Maxwell is a real mentor to me.  I call him and talk to him and at 97 he still mows his own lawn.  I tell him to take care of himself as well.  I told him that he doesn’t drink enough for a pigeon. 

I was studying as to what we can do to be healthy.  I have a lazy mind a bit.  I have books and took them with me on the railroad, but sometimes my mind is blanked out or daydreaming.  Some are always scheming as to how to succeed.  Two guys can stand on the street corner and one get rich and another grow poor.  It is all in presentation.

What we put in our mind is going to have a lot of affect on us.  This is what is destroying our country.  It is a shame as to what they are selling for children to watch. 

God has heaven’s best for us, exercise yourself to godliness.  “Study to show yourself approved as a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

The word is continually refreshing and food for thought.  It is a good thing to think on. 

We have to be careful what we look at.  There may be things that we cannot help seeing that create a battle for us, but we don’t want to put ourselves in a situation that will be a battle for us.

Isa 55:10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isa 55:12  For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isa 55:13  Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

We want to be prosperous and our soul to prosper as John said.  We go out and may get a load of wood and come home and feel a sense of accomplishment.  We want that spiritually.

Psa 126:5  They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6  He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

That is what we want to do.  We want to use this word of God.  We want to start with good seeds and we want to reap.  We have been sewing and reaping, and we want to be rejoicing reaping.  The children pray with the simplicity of a child and God answers their prayer. 

We want to go forth sewing those seeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment