Thursday, November 29, 2012

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/28/12



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/28/12
Psa 20:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;
Psa 20:2  Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;
Psa 20:3  Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

These first three verses were the people praying.  Even when things are going well for us, there are those that we love that have great needs.  God has a way of getting us help. 

“God send us help from the sanctuary and strength from Zion.  God remember the offerings, the thanks for salvation, and the burnt offerings.” 

In our day, the burnt offering represents Jesus and His sacrifice in dying on the cross for our sins.  You and I need to be thankful for Jesus who gave His life for us.

Psa 20:4  Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

This verse is the High Priest encouraging them that, “God grant these petitions.”

Psa 20:5  We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.

This verse was David speaking.  Sometimes we have to claim the victory and set up our banner when we don’t have any feelings but we have faith in God.  We must sometimes stake our claim, “This ground is ours.”

God has a way of letting us know that He is going to answer our prayer.

Psa 20:6  Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.
Psa 20:7  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

David was speaking in these scriptures, referring to the Law, Deut chapter 17: 14-

Deu 17:14  When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me;
Deu 17:15  Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother.
Deu 17:16  But he shall not multiply horses to himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt, to the end that he should multiply horses: forasmuch as the LORD hath said unto you, Ye shall henceforth return no more that way.

God spoke that they shouldn’t have a foreigner in spirit reign over them.  The reason that God gave Moses this law was that He didn’t want His people leaving Canaan Land and the inheritance that He had given them and going back to Egypt for anything.  Because He knew that it would be a great stumbling block to them.

God forbid David to build an army of horses and chariots and put their trust in them.  God wants us to fully trust Him and never go back to Egypt, (back to the worldly ways) to try to better ourselves in any way. 

David did well with this, but Solomon did terribly.  If we allow any of our conduct to leave a thought with our sons or daughters or anyone else, it may not cause us to be lost but may be a stumbling block to someone else. 

The story of Solomon is heartbreaking.  He is one of the millions that could have been mightily used of God.  He allowed the desire of what he didn’t have to cause him to go to Egypt and other places for influence and his weakness was not only horses but women.  He married heathen wives and brought pollution right into where it should not have been. 

The principal here is, “Don’t go to Egypt for anything.”  Don’t compromise to position yourself to get any inheritance.  That is not the way to go. 

Deu 17:17  Neither shall he multiply wives to himself, that his heart turn not away: neither shall he greatly multiply to himself silver and gold.
Deu 17:18  And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:

It is right here.  It is heartbreaking today that people think that they will get something out of Egypt that will satisfy and do something for them.  Solomon ended up ruining his own testimony.  This is a very sad thing.

It is tough times in Montana and may be everywhere else too.  The enemy will try to work a work that will cause us to feel that we need more money or need to do this or that for more money.  Don’t position yourselves to love money.

Deu 17:18  And it shall be, when he sitteth upon the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write him a copy of this law in a book out of that which is before the priests the Levites:
Deu 17:19  And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:
Deu 17:20  That his heart be not lifted up above his brethren, and that he turn not aside from the commandment, to the right hand, or to the left: to the end that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he, and his children, in the midst of Israel.

The wisdom of God is awesome.  You see how God works, moves, and teaches and it goes beyond what any could add anything to.  It was not enough for David to have the priest with the law.  God ordained that the king would write a copy of the law out of the book the priests had. 

It is important that we write down what God is speaking to us about.  There is a lesson in writing.  My grade school teacher would make me write sentences to teach me a lesson.  We need to write what God gives us lest we lose the value of what God is trying to teach us.

Psa 119:16  I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psa 119:83  For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.

Psa 119:93  I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.

Psa 119:109  My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.

When there is a fog around me and I feel that I am in a forest fire surrounded by smoke, when I don’t know where to go, I will not forget thy statutes.  My soul is in my hand and I know that you are my guide. 

There is something about this word of God and His precepts that quicken us.

Psa 119:176  I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

The commands help us to know what to do.  If you are considering, find a command from God first.  “God help me to see in your Word of God what I should do and what I should not do.  Help me to know what I should not touch and what I should.” 

The Word tells us what not to think and what to think.  The commandment exacts obedience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment