Monday, November 12, 2012

Brother Gary Sunday Night 11/11/12



Brother Gary Sunday Night 11/11/12
Act 2:3  And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

I want to live so that there is a lot of the Holy Ghost in my life.  I want to not necessarily preach long, I want to be anointed of God.  This anointing is available to us.  Peter said, “This is just a fulfillment of the prophecy that in the last day, God shall pour out His Spirit on the son’s of men and they shall prophesy.”

Psa 50:23  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

The heart aflame with the glory of salvation!  It is wonderful to be able to get salvation and to be able to tell people that in order to get saved we must repent of our sin. 

The heart aflame for the blessings of God!  We enjoyed a wonderful time with Brother and Sister Sanders.  The messages were excellent.  This speaks well of them and of their pastors, past and present.  We’ve had a lot of blessings already in this month of November. 

We want things from God but “He that offers praise glorifies God.”  In order for God to grant our petitions, we need to line things up right and not be telling Him, “I want his and that and something else.”  We need to be thankful for what He has already given us.

On Wednesday night, we looked back over the last 100 years at the blessings that we’ve experienced.  We had one of those blessings tonight, Brother Naylor wrote that song in 1918: “I mean to go right on.”

There are a lot of things that are not right in America, but we need to be thankful for the things that are right in America.  The good thing is not necessarily what others do for you but what you do for others. 

It is a blessing that each of us has two hands and two feet and can write a note even if we cannot remember.  We have warm homes and this is a lot to be thankful for.

Jer 23:29  Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

This Word of God will set our heart ablaze.  You need to be thankful that even if you didn’t wake up enthused, you woke up. 

Mat 3:11  I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

There are times that you feel burnt out.  Ask God to renew the fire.  Ask God to set you on fire again, and to help you to know what is quenching your fire.

Set our conversation aright:  Order our way aright.

Conversation – the course of our life.  We all have either chosen a course or through neglect have fallen into a slothful way or a way of neglect.

This word, conversation, refers to all the details of our life: 

Our conversation, our hospitality: I want to know how to be hospitable.  Not only to those that I invite but to those that come over.  Jesus came to Zacheous’ house without being invited.  I’d like to have Travis knock on the door.  Even if I don’t have anything fixed, my heart is prepared.

Our journeys: we all take journeys; this doesn’t mean just our travel to and from work.  As Sister Alice gets on the airplane, God can choose who she sits by.  I want her journey to be beautiful.  As she sees Luke, can you imagine what she is seeing when she sees Luke?  God help us to have our journeying right. 

Our associations: many people want to buddy up to you.  This is not all bad because you can put the gospel out.  But some don’t want what you have but are wanting to drop things on you:  Seeds of doubt, or a thought about someone.  Our conversation has a lot to do with our associations.

Our conduct, the use of our time, our plans and our finances:  Deliverance means a lot.  Salvation doesn’t stop with deliverance.  There is help and safety, I needed safety yesterday.  Before I was through yesterday I felt attacked by Pentecostal spirits.  There is safety in the Lord.  Make sure that you are where God wants you to be and you can trust Him for safety. 

There is victory and health in salvation.  This word in Psalms 50:23 adds two or three things to the five meanings of salvation that we looked at earlier. 

It means the granting of liberty.  Liberty to bind, realize “I’m not thinking right.  I have liberty to resist that thing and I’m not going to spend all week worrying about that thing, or worrying about what people think.” 

We have liberty to give one another a compliment.  People will not mount up with pride if they are sanctified.  You can be the ‘protecting agency’ so that no one in the Church of God has pride and that will not do any good.  I don’t know everything and there is no one here that does know everything, we need one another and iron sharpens iron. 

It brings liberty and it brings prosperity.  Jesus became poor, that through His poverty we might be made rich.  The prosperity that I am looking for is not having two 100 dollar bills to rub together, but that of having God, His Son, and the Holy spirit.

The prosperity that I’d like is seeing the outcasts saved and seeing your grandchildren and my grandchildren knowing God.  I know that I can enjoy the journey if I have the promises of God and that is prosperity.

Brother John had been around quite a while and he got old and feeble.  He was about 90 years old and decided that he wanted to write a little bit more.  He probably thought that, “My hands are shaky and my spelling is poor, but I want to write some more.” 

He wrote 1 John and it got pretty long.  2 John was only 13 verses and 3 John has fourteen verses.  This is what he wrote:

3Jn 1:2  Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

No comments:

Post a Comment