Sunday, July 1, 2012

Brother Bill Wednesday Evening 6/20/12


Brother Bill Wednesday Evening 6/20/12
God’s Visits

God desires to visit sinners.  When God comes He will draw on their hearts to get saved.  If people will realize what it is that is working on them, the God of heaven is dealing with their hearts to be saved, by chance it will encourage their hearts to turn to Him.

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

We are special to God.  He wants to visit us. 

Quotes from previous messages:
God wants to meet with you in the morning and in the evening.  You are going to get a visitation from God tomorrow morning.  God loves to spend time with us.  Before you ever wake, He is waiting.  God wants to bond with you.

This lesson made me more awake to the thought of God’s visit that will come. He likes to visit us other times but also the morning and the evening.  God loves to spend time with you. 

I don’t know the minds of men, there times that I don’t feel as good as others.  I feel inferior at times but God loves to spend time with us.  Make the proper efforts and no matter who you are He will.  We are all equal.  God is no respecter of persons.  You are not inferior in God’s eyes. 

As I studied these things out, when I woke up in the mornings there was an awareness of God’s visitations.  God wants to bond with us closer and closer and closer.

Job 7:17  What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?
Job 7:18  And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?

God is going to visit with every one of us tomorrow morning.  He speaks of visiting us every morning.  If we could somehow have our eyes opened to see how special we are to God!

Psa 56:8  Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

We are so special to God that He has a record of our tears.  Can you picture in your mind, God writing in His book in His heaven, “So-in-so was going through a hard time and has cried.” 

The scripture of the sparrows, not one of them is forgotten before God and how important are you!

Psa 17:1  A Prayer of David. Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
Psa 17:2  Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
Psa 17:3  Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

“God, you have visited me in the night.”  He visits in the morning and He visits in the night. 

The word ‘visit’ in Job is: to visit with friendly or hostile intent.  It depends on your atmosphere and what you have done with what you know how God is going to visit you.  We want to be encouraged to have such an atmosphere to bring on the good visitation of God.

Gen 3:7  And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Gen 3:8  And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9  And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10  And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

God knew where Adam and Eve were all along but He asked, “Where were you at?”

Even though God knew that Adam and Eve had sinned He still came to visit.  The reason that God visits the sinner and those that have gotten off track is because He loves them and wants to bring them to Him.

1Sa 3:1  And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
1Sa 3:2  And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
1Sa 3:3  And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
1Sa 3:4  That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.

1Sa 3:11  And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.
1Sa 3:12  In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.
1Sa 3:13  For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

God had told Eli some things.  He was faithful in visiting Eli but Eli wouldn’t respond properly to the visits of God.  We need to be careful to always respond properly to the things that God visits with us about.  God talked to Samuel to talk to Eli, “I’ve talked and talked to him and he hasn’t responded.  I’m not going to visit with him anymore.  I’m going to send someone else to tell him what the judgment is going to be.”

We need to always be in an atmosphere where we look forward to God’s visits.

This is what you can do to be a good atmosphere so that the visits are sweet:

Luk 12:31  But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Luk 12:32  Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
Luk 12:33  Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
Luk 12:34  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Luk 12:35  Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
Luk 12:36  And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Luk 12:37  Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Do all that you know to seek the kingdom: righteousness, peace and joy.  Do all that you know to be measured in every way.  God is for us seeking the kingdom and having what we need from Him.  If you are not consecrated and sold out to God then get sold out to God. 

We have no excuse to not be consecrated if we have been here for years.  A new convert needs to walk in the light that God shines on their path.  Those that have been saved for a while have no excuse to have anything less than 100% for God.

Be laying up treasures in heaven.  We are not scraping in our household to pay our bills, things are going good.  But things could turn around just like that.  You can lose everything overnight.  You can get to the place in life where the medical field takes everything.  Provide yourselves bags that don’t wax old.  Lay up treasures in heaven and even Uncle Sam cannot touch it.  With your treasure in heaven then you are going to have an atmosphere that will cause you to look forward to God’s visits.

Can you imagine being so ready that you open to Him immediately?  There will be times that He will come.  If you’ve been watching and taking good care of your soul then He will gird Himself and you can sit down and He will serve you.  You will come away thinking, “That was good that I took the time to do that.”  There will be times when studying in God’s word that it just does something to your atmosphere.

I thought of our cat, off of our dining room table you can look towards the west.  There will be times then the cat will sit on the rail of the porch and just look in the window at us.  When you go open the door he shoots into the house.  Watch every day and take good care of your soul and He will visit with you.

There are times when you will be in prayer and you feel the presence of God come and it gets to the place where you don’t want to even finish praying because the presence of God is there.  There are times in the church service when you can sense the presence of God in the midst.  There are some that may jump and shout others have the tears flow, you get so blest that you just feel like you are going to burst. 

I remember before I got married, I had bought the house and there were times that I would walk out and pray east of us on the hillside.  I remember getting up from the hill and God helped me to know that God was going to supply a companion. 

There will times when going through your day and through a battle if you will meditate on God’s word it does something for us. 

Luk 24:13  And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs.
Luk 24:14  And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
Luk 24:15  And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
Luk 24:16  But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.
Luk 24:17  And he said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

Our communing together will bring the visitations of God.

Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

If you keep all God’s words and live according to the Word of God then Jesus said that He would come and live with you.  There are permanent visitations.  It is not just visitation rights like are in broken homes, He will come and live with you.  He and God will come and make their abode with you.  They will live with you.

Son 5:2  I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
Son 5:3  I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?

When He comes to visit be careful that you don’t get too involved in other things, “This is an inconvenience, I’ve just washed my feet, I’ve just taken off my coat, I’m in bed and it is an inconvenience to me to get up and answer the door.”  Don’t get too started on your day and other stuff so that you cannot properly respond when He comes and knocks on your door. 

This is what happens if you do:

Son 5:4  My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
Son 5:5  I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
Son 5:6  I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

Don’t get too wrapped up with things in the morning that you are not putting things in their proper place so that you don’t have the visitation with Him that you could have had.

When Jesus was crucified and put in the tomb, Mary and the other woman came very early in the morning and they had spices with them.  Incense is likened to prayer.  They were coming with the spices to Jesus very early in the morning.  Because they were out early, they got to see things that the other disciples didn’t see simply because they were not there. 

They got to see the angels and Mary Magdalene saw Jesus.  They also received instruction to tell the disciples.  The other disciples that were not out early had some problems with unbelief.  When the other disciples were fishing and Jesus met them and asked them to come and dine.  He fed them and gave them some instruction.  “Feed my sheep.”

When He comes to visit you tomorrow morning be prepared.  We are special to God.  Give God a good visit.

Pro 8:34  Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

Let’s watch daily.

Song: “Alone With God.”  “What though I pass beneath the rod.”

Sometimes he comes for things other than to speak good things to us.  It lets us know how we should walk.  We find His perfect will there when we walk alone with God.  Thy rod and staff comfort me. 

God’s correction is a comfort.  It is not given in a mean way but a loving and a drawing and a tender way.

No comments:

Post a Comment