Monday, June 8, 2015

Sister Teri Sunday School 6/7/15

Sister Teri Sunday School 6/7/15
When we have a vision that God is in even the bad things that happen, it brings a rest.  God works in adversity a growth, a purging, and a perfecting in us and also to show forth His grace to a lost world.  If we go through it as He would have us to then it will lift Him up to others. 

The world is going through adversity too.  God worked in me through the reaping of my bad choices to turn my heart back to Him.

We want to be a vessel that He can work through as He desires and He can then use us to win souls to Him. 

We will go through adversity.  Refuse to be discouraged, remember God is with you, and rely on God’s protection and guidance.  Trust fully in God.

 Walk in the light:  the difference for those that believe in Jesus is not the absence of shadow but the presence of light. 

We know that God is good, in control, and has a purpose in everything.  God will use His Word to guide, it is the light.  We need to know the Word and be in the Word, and then the Spirit of God will bring the words to us.

Never doubt in the dark what God showed you in the light.  The enemy will cause us to forget what God has already done, forget the promises.  We need to keep the promises that God has given us; hold onto those things that we know.

2Pe 1:1  Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2Pe 1:2  Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
2Pe 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
2Pe 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

God has given us some knowledge, what we know, that He has already revealed to us.  Those promises are exceeding and great.  By them we can grasp hold of the grace of God to go through difficulty under the divine influence, power, and nature rather than in the flesh.

2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2Pe 1:9  But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2Pe 1:10  Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

He has given us promises to strengthen us and to deliver us from the present world.

Psa 34:17  The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18  The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
Psa 34:20  He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

Psa 41:3  The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.

Isa 43:2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

We are going to be going through some waters, through some rivers, and walking through some fire, but God is going to take care of us.

Isa 43:3  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

God is our savior and will bring us through.

1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

One way that we escape is to flee to Him for His grace and help.  He gives strength to bear it, to go through it right, to resist, and to get the victory.

Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

When He has tried me I shall come forth as gold.  That is our desire.

Psa 50:14  Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psa 50:15  And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Psa 50:23  Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Conversation means course of life, mode of action or behavior.  God wants us to conduct ourselves in a right way through the difficulties of life.  We do this through the strength He gives us, we then give Him glory.

Psa 94:12  Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law;
Psa 94:13  That thou mayest give him rest from the days of adversity, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
Psa 94:14  For the LORD will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance.
Psa 94:15  But judgment shall return unto righteousness: and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
Psa 94:16  Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
Psa 94:17  Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
Psa 94:18  When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.
Psa 94:19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.
Psa 94:20  Shall the throne of iniquity have fellowship with thee, which frameth mischief by a law?

Through the years, it is happening in our day, the wicked try to establish laws against the right.  It happened with the three Hebrew children, with Daniel, and with Mordecai.  They try to use the laws of the land to bind us and prevent us from doing what God wants us to do.

Psa 94:21  They gather themselves together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn the innocent blood.
Psa 94:22  But the LORD is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.
Psa 94:23  And he shall bring upon them their own iniquity, and shall cut them off in their own wickedness; yea, the LORD our God shall cut them off.

He has done it through history and we can have confidence He will do it again for us.

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

He wouldn’t go through the trouble of preparing a place if He is not going to come back and get us.  We want to go through all things right.  He will leave us here as long as He desires.  When the time comes, He will come and take us home.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

We can see the fulfillment in our life.  He has wiped away our tears and raised us up from the death of sin.  We still have heartache on this side of eternity.  Eventually we will be delivered from all of that.

Rev 7:13  And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Rev 7:14  And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If we go through these tribulations right we will be among that number.  Let the tribulation reveal what needs to be purged and perfected, let the grace of God take us through in the right way and we will be in that number.

June 4th, Streams in the Desert (book 2) By Mrs. Charles E. Cowman:
The wax speaks to the paper:
“Unaccountable this!" said the Wax, as from the flame it dropped melting upon the Paper beneath.
"Do not grieve," said the Paper; "I am sure it is all right."

"I was never in such agony!" exclaimed the Wax, still dropping.
"It is not without a 
good design, and will end well," replied the Paper.

The Wax
was unable to reply at once, owing to a strong pressure; and when it again looked up it bore a beautiful impression, the counterpart of the seal which had been applied to it.

"Ah! I comprehend now," said the Wax, no longer in suffering, "I was softened in order to receive this lovely durable impress. Yes; I see now it was all right, because it has given to me the beautiful likeness which I could not otherwise have obtained."
About the light: 
It was not always light with me;
For many a sinful year

I walkedin darkness, far from Thee; But Thou hast brought me near,
And washed me in Thy precious blood, And taught me by Thy grace, And lifted up on my poor soul The brightness of Thy face. 
My Saviour died in darkness that I might live in light;
He closed His eyes in death that mine might have the heavenly sight;
He gave up all His glory to bring it down to me,
And took the sinner's place that He the sinner's Friend might be. 

His Spirit shines upon His Word, and makes it sweet indeed,
Just like a shining lamp held up beside me as I read;
And brings it to my mind again alone upon my bed,

Till all abroad within my heart, the Love of God is shed.

 By Frances Ridley Havergal


No comments:

Post a Comment