Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/31/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/31/15
Heb 8:1  Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2  A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3  For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4  For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5  Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

The pattern of the Tabernacle was given to Moses on the mount and he was instructed to make all things according to the pattern.  God was given to detail.  The altar was to be made of a type of wood that would not burn.  It was to have rings that staves could be put through and the altar carried by. 

The tabernacle was 15 cubits wide and 45 long.  The brazen altar was to offer a sin sacrifice on.  It was in the outer court.  The family that brought the sacrifice in would put their hand on its head as it was slaughtered to acknowledge that this animal was sacrificed for their sin. 

The laver was where the priest would wash before he went into the holy place.  The priests would wash their hands often but would not wash their cloths and entire body unless they were going into the Holiest of Holies.

The table of shew bread was to be filled with fresh bread every week.  There were 12 loaves one for each of the tribes of Israel.  The Olive oil was to be there and represented the Holy Spirit of God.  We want to have the oil of the Word and the anointing of the Spirit every morning. 

We live in a world full of yokes of bondages, people can get up and say just about anything except for on moral issues and the things of God.  I consider it a yoke of bondage. 

There is a lot of spiritual food in the Gospel Day.  God knows what each of us needs.  God has often spoke to me, “You are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God.”  You can be saved, sanctified, consecrated, dedicated, and sold out to work for God; yet everyday there are new things from the world that will press in on us. 

I am looking forward to Vacation Bible School and I want to find someone that doesn’t know about it and invite them.  There is something in me that the Word of God puts a “Go Ye,” into our souls.

There is a lot of darkness in the world.  The Light of God puts an end to darkness.  Alcoholism is a terrible yoke of bondage.  There are all kinds of yokes that men and women sell their soul to, to enjoy the pleasures of for a while.  When you come to the light of regeneration, the Word of God puts its spotlight on and shows the bondage.  There is a cure for the problem.

I go to funerals in Babylon and not once do they say, “You can live free from sin.”  They say, “So in so was a sinner, but we are all sinners.”  They probably don’t open the Bible for it teaches, “Be ye holy for I am holy.” 

We are all growing.  We gladly come back to the golden altar after God has done so much for us and present ourselves a living sacrifice. 

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That is the way to live, “Not my will; not as I will, but as thou wilt.”  Jesus made a way that we could enter the Holiest of Holies and be set apart and have perfect love between us and God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit.  In a world that is so perverted, it is wonderful that there is perfect love. 

This is Old Testament but it is all fulfilled in the New Testament.  The sacrifice of animals was for the present, but the blood of Jesus on the cross made the supreme sacrifice and paid the debt for sin for everyone forever.

The blood washes the sin and casts it as far as the east is from the west and buries it in the depths of the sea. 

In the Gospel Day, we have a great high priest.  He is set on the right hand of the throne of the majesty in the heavens.  He is the minister of the sanctuary in the church, the true tabernacle which the Lord pitched and not man.

Heb 7:24  But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

From the time that Jesus ascended and is set down at the right hand of the Father, He has continued and will continue His priesthood.

Heb 7:25  Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

We are happy to serve a God whose plan works.  Because of the sacrifice of Jesus, He is able to save them to the uttermost. 

Gideon wanted to know that he was in the will of God.  He said, “God you spoke and I believe it, but I want to be sure.  Will you please cause the fleece to be wet?”  God honored that and the fleece was wet. 

Gideon wanted to know for sure.  He came back and said, “God please don’t be disgusted with me.  I want to know for sure.  This challenge is so great, please cause the fleece to be dry and the ground wet.”  God honored that.

I find no fault with him.  Our situations cause us to want to know that we are in God’s will.  When God is going to do something, there are times that I feel so anointed that I think I could preach and preach and preach.  We love it when we feel that we are enjoying it to the fullest. 

There are days that Karen feels that she can make four loaves of bread.  There are other days that she only feels like making two loaves.  There will be times that you feel, “This is so enjoyable and God is so close.”  There will be other times when you are walking by faith, “The fleece is not wet, but God said…  I am going to do just what He said because I know that He is making intercession for me today.”

Heb 7:26  For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

Jesus is there to help us, to intercede for us.  I am thrilled at His holiness. 

As you age, you get into all different circumstances.  I remember when Justin, Jason, and Laurel were all in the congregation.  I told them I would take them out for a taco.  I sat there and waited for them and I was just an old man waiting.  But when the three young people walked in then I got all sorts of attention.

God is holy.  He is just as impressed as with a person that has a hard time enunciating and pronouncing.  God is touched by the feeling of our infirmities.  What matters to God is how we come to him with an attitude that is humble and holy.

We live in a world where if you are young and applying for a job, it is easy to get an interview, but if you are my age and apply, they say, “We’ll be getting back to you, probably.”

We serve a God that is holy.  His attitude is, “I am going to do what is best.”  Sometimes we don’t know what is best.  We think, “I think this would be good.”  But when you come to God and submit everything to Him, you say, “God not my will.  I am a part of your Son’s church and what His will is, is exactly what I want.

He is undefiled.  It is wonderful to come to someone that has not been influenced in any way but looks at you as an individual.  He understands you and His plan for you.  His goal is to bring the best in life and in eternity for that dear one.

Separate from sinners.  We are blessed to live here.  It is wonderful that when you and I come to God we come to one that is separate from sinners and deals with us in the thought, “I know what is best for you.” 

We all have work associates and family that will coach you from the side, they are free to give their opinion.  “This is the answer.”  No, instead: “God I am before you and I know that you are not impressed with the words of whomever it might be.  What do you have to say?” 

When He speaks, we have heard from Him.

Heb 7:27  Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

In the Old Testament there was a daily sacrifice morning and evening.  Jesus made one supreme sacrifice once.  He continues forever and saves to the uttermost.  He is alive making intercession.  He wants us to make it. 

When you are tested and going through a dry spell…  For the children and young people, when the world looks attractive it is a mask.  My wife says, “I wish those that are attracted to alcohol would see someone dying of liver failure.”  They don’t go out like a lamp.  They lay there groaning. 

The world offers, “If you do this or that you will be beautiful.”  Beauty comes on the inside.  The gospel records, “He will beautify the meek with salvation.”  The beauty of a meek and quiet spirit is on the inside.

He is holy in His desires toward us.

Heb 8:10  For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

All of us parents and grandparents that have reached whatever age it is to realize how difficult it is to get anything out of a mind that shouldn’t be there would say to the younger, “Be careful with videos, internet, magazines, and all those things.” 

We remember the young man that tried to get saved and told us, “My mind goes back and plays those Xrated movies over and over again.”  There are things that you want to avoid.  If you have not, then there is a God in heaven that cleanses, but you must have the attitude, “I will take instruction, I will accept.”

You can have the written Word of God on the mind and on the heart. 

Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus always witnesses to truth.  I have never gone through tabernacle worship in my heart that Jesus hasn’t come to witness to my heart.  It doesn’t take too long to worship.  You don’t have one minute that doesn’t come from God. 

When you need God most is when the enemy comes and says, “The order needs to be checked, check the email, check this, check something else…”  Shut the phone off.

I can never get past the brazen altar in tabernacle worship that I am not awed by His love.  I am rich.  We have a home.  I have a wife and children.  I have fellowship.  I wouldn’t even bother thinking about my bank account.  What counts is the riches of His grace, to be loved...

That shepherd that reached way down and lifted me out, He not only takes the young but the old into His arms. 

He has made us kings and priests that we can reign over sin and worship God in spirit and in truth.


The Holiest of Holies is not just for a few.  It is His will that everyone that gets saved goes on to sanctification.  

No comments:

Post a Comment