Thursday, June 25, 2015

Sister Sharron Wednesday Evening 6/24/15

Sister Sharron Wednesday Evening 6/24/15
Mat 24:13  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

If we don’t endure then a lot we do will be vanity.  It takes work to overcome the flesh and endure in the right way.  When that day comes we want to still be saved.

Mat 10:22  And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

There will be times when we will have to endure hatred.  These battles are all common to man.  There is nothing new.

Jas 1:12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

We all want the blessing.  It takes some work to endure temptation.

Jas 5:10  Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
Jas 5:11  Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

We have need of patience.  Job is a good example for us.  Afflictions come to everyone at some time or another.  We must endure affliction.

1Pe 2:19  For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

What we do and how we react is the example of the Church.  For the Church’s sake, we need to sometimes just suffer wrongfully so that we are a good example.

God’s promises, He will answer our prayers.

Psa 91:15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Isn’t it good that He will be with us in those times?  I wouldn’t want to go through it without God.

Isa 58:9  Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

It says if you cry He will be there to answer.  God is the one that can put things right.  Sometimes we cannot, but He can.

Isa 65:24  And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Even before we call, He sees what is ahead.

Zec 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

God will use whatever He needs to use to refine us.  We want to be prepared.  When we try to prepare things, we tend to work with the surface.  God knows way down in our heart what needs to be. 

Luk 11:9  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luk 11:10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If we will really seek Him, we will be found of Him.

Joh 15:7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Joh 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Joh 15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

That is where I want to be found.  It says that it takes much fruit to be found there. 

We all want the blessing, God has promised some blessings:

Exo 23:25  And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.

These are golden nuggets that belong to us.

Mal 3:10  Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Bring our tithes and look at what awaits us.  Look at the reward.  We don’t do it for the reward, but look at the blessing. 

Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

The fruits of the Spirit, the fruits in the kingdom of God are: Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. 

There will be a cleansing, when we get saved and after.

Isa 1:18  Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

This is what salvation does.

Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

He doesn’t just cleanse the outside, He digs into the very core.  He doesn’t just dig in there, He cleans it up.  It is wonderful what God does for us.

Mal 3:3  And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.

Isn’t it wonderful that when we bow at the altar and get cleaned up, we don’t have to muck around anymore.  We can go through the whole week and stay clean. 

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26  That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

When we pray in the tabernacle worship, we try to visualize the washing of the Water by the Word.  Not that we have sinned, but that we are being washed, cleansed.

Eph 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

This separates cheap religion from real salvation.  I want the real thing.

We are separated from the world yet He said to go into the world.  We have a job to do.  He cleans us up and sets us apart.  We have a work to do. 

1Jn 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

All of our sin!  When I got saved, I didn’t understand it.  All sin!  You get delivered from sin and you don’t go and do it tomorrow.  You stay saved.  You don’t have to do it again.

God promises us comfort.

Isa 51:3  For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

There are dry places, but through it all He brings joy and gladness, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody shall be found in our heart.

Isa 66:13  As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Joh 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

People everywhere say that they are seeking for peace and never quite obtaining it.  In Christ there is peace. 

God promises deliverance.

1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When we get into tight places, we can hang on to these scriptures.

2Pe 2:9  The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

He knows how to deliver us.  Many times I sure don’t know how to deliver myself.

God promises forgiveness.

Psa 103:3  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

He doesn’t just partially forgive us.  He forgives us all. 

Mat 6:14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Forgiveness works both ways.  Receiving and forgiving.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Every bit of it, all. 

He has also promised guidance.

Psa 25:9  The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

He has promised us help.

Jer 30:17  For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

It is a wonderful thing that He does for Zion.

He has promised long life:

Pro 10:27  The fear of the LORD prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.

He has promised peace:

Psa 29:11  The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

In the midst of all the problems we can have peace.

Psa 119:165  Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Isa 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

God has promise us rest.  We work hard and we battle hard.  There is a rest to the people of God.  Sometimes we have to just claim it.  We must fight for it.  Some didn’t enter in because of unbelief.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Heb 4:3  For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
Heb 4:4  For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5  And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:6  Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7  Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8  For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10  For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
Heb 4:11  Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

It is wonderful to me the promise of rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment