Thursday, February 26, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 2/25/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 2/25/15
Pro 15:2  The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

Pro 15:7  The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: but the heart of the foolish doeth not so.

Pro 15:14  The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Knowledge is received through instruction.  I want to teach on receiving instruction. 

There are some things that we think men always knew, from this scripture we learn that it is God that taught man to till the soil, to plant seeds, and save the seeds so they can be planted again.

We want to be a simple people in the thought, “God we want what you have to teach us.”  Without the instruction of God, we would be in a miserable condition.

Isa 28:23  Give ye ear, and hear my voice; hearken, and hear my speech.
Isa 28:24  Doth the plowman plow all day to sow? doth he open and break the clods of his ground?
Isa 28:25  When he hath made plain the face thereof, doth he not cast abroad the fitches, and scatter the cummin, and cast in the principal wheat and the appointed barley and the rie in their place?
Isa 28:26  For his God doth instruct him to discretion, and doth teach him.
Isa 28:27  For the fitches are not threshed with a threshing instrument, neither is a cart wheel turned about upon the cummin; but the fitches are beaten out with a staff, and the cummin with a rod.
Isa 28:28  Bread corn is bruised; because he will not ever be threshing it, nor break it with the wheel of his cart, nor bruise it with his horsemen.
Isa 28:29  This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working.

When it comes to receiving instruction, we want something that someone has tried himself.  There are a million ways to plant tomatoes, but the best way I have found is to dig a hole and put in compost and water them once a week, as my dad did.

We are so blessed to know that we have a God that wants to instruct us.  These children are blessed because if we can, we want to teach them what we know at 68 years old. 

The way to have wisdom and understanding is to be instructed.  We must have the right attitude about instruction.  The best instruction that we can ever receive is found in the 66 books of the Bible.

God taught man how to harvest and how to take care of what he was harvesting.  You don’t take care of the cucumbers the same way you do the Hubbard squash. 

God instruct and teach me.  We can say as the sister, “God, I am going to put this scripture in my pocket. When I get back I want to have the testimony that I allowed you to teach me what to say, and what to add fuel to and what to not.”

What the Bible teaches is a good book to have as a reference.  It teaches 15 attributes of God.  I am going to bring three of them.  We can count on Him for instruction because He is omnipresent, he is everywhere.  The heavens themselves cannot contain God.

We will be faced with many things that we need instruction on.  God knows how to instruct us.  If we always allow God to position us where we ought to be, we need never be without His instruction, for He is everywhere.

He is omnipotent.  He has unlimited and universal power:

Rom 1:20  For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Mat 19:26  But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

We all can talk about how hard it is to learn.  I want to talk to you about the ability to be instructed because God is God.  He has all the tools needed to instruct us for every situation, in every season, and in every decision in life.

He is omniscient. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning.  All thing are open to the eyes of God.  It is so wonderful to know that God has understood the mysteries that men still cannot figure out.  People come up with how valuable water is.  God knew it and we can tell it is mighty valuable because we look at the rivers, the springs, and the waterfall.  God gives us instruction.

It is up to God how He chooses to instruct us.  I learned this the hard way.  You may say, “I don’t want to ask, be a nuisance, or be troublesome.”  The thing with all those is that there is way too much “I”. 

God has given us instruction, His Word. 

2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

God has given us His son Jesus Christ, the great teacher.  In Matthew 5, when the great multitude sat down, Jesus began to teach.

The Holy Spirit teaches us all things. 

Joh 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

In the Body of Christ, He has given us teachers.

Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “Even though you have 10,000 teachers…”  I don’t know if this was a figure of speech or if there were 10,000 people around the Corinthians that were trying to tell them this and that and something else. 

Sometimes it seems that we do have way too many instructors.  It seems my wife has 10,000 instructors telling her what to do when she gets 65.

God created and gave to every man a measure of faith.  Every man is lit by Jesus Christ.  The first instruction we receive on a spiritual level is the seed of faith working in a child:  “Who made this world?  Who did this come from?  How come there are only robins at certain times?  How come at times there is nothing growing in the garden?”  These are good questions.  God created and gave to every child a measure of faith.

Isn’t it wonderful how the seed of faith wants to learn those little choruses as a little child?  Deep in the little soul, there is something that is lit by Jesus Christ.  Jesus, the light of the world, lights every soul that comes into the world.

God convicted Solomon in his teenage years to seek after instruction from God.  Isn’t that wonderful?  It is recorded in a couple places that Solomon was 16 to 18 when he made the trip to worship.  While he was there, God spoke and said, “Solomon what would you have me to give to you?”  What a question to have God ask at any age! 

The road to wisdom, knowledge and understanding is called instruction.

Pro 1:1  The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
Pro 1:2  To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

I thought of my father.  I wish I could go to the gallery of heaven tonight and have God open it up and show me all the times my father said, “God would you instruct me how to do this?”

I remember a season when we were very poor.  We had a car that needed a muffler and we didn’t have any money.  He got up one Saturday morning and said, “God showed me how to fix the muffler.”  I remember saying, “Can you fix it?”  He said, “Yes, God showed me how to fix the muffler.”

My father’s back was broken by a tree while he was logging.  He lay on a plywood board for many weeks.  I remember him telling my mom, “Call Gary and Joanne I want to talk to them.  I am going to die.”  He had quite a bit to say to me, “Take care of your mom.  Be obedient.”  I remember crying all that evening and maybe the next day too. 

Then the day came that Dad asked mom to help him get into the car.  (He probably crawled to the car.)  He said that God taught him how to learn to walk again.  He had mom drive him to the hill and leave him there.  I don’t know how many days this happened.  One day he learned to walk again.

God has the instruction that you need.  You have to let him teach you.  You may be in a quandary.  “What shall I do?”  Have the attitude, “God teach me how to be instructed.

Pro 1:3  To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
Pro 1:4  To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

How many men are 30 or how far down the road do they travel until they realize, “I should have known better.”  God has instruction for the young man.  He has instruction for all men. 

Pro 1:5  A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

Learn to listen.  Have an attitude, “I want to get everything that I can.”  If you ask someone a question, shut your mind off and quit talking.  Quit coming back with, “You’re going to one up them.”  Hearken. 

A wise man will hear and increase learning.

Pro 1:6  To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
Pro 1:7  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:8  My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
Pro 1:9  For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.


Mothers don’t be afraid to give your sons instruction.  They shall be an ornament of grace to their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment