Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 12/28/14

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 12/28/14
Psa 17:1  A Prayer of David. Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.

David was saying, “I am being honest before thee Oh God.  Hear my prayer.”

Psa 17:2  Let my sentence come forth from thy presence; let thine eyes behold the things that are equal.
Psa 17:3  Thou hast proved mine heart; thou hast visited me in the night; thou hast tried me, and shalt find nothing; I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.

Among the things God’s children are so blessed to have on a nightly basis is a visit from God.  Isn’t it wonderful how He gives a song?  Oh the songs that are sung in Zion!  Those songs that are backed up by, “This was a song in the night.  God gave it to me either when I was in the trial or after I got out of the trial.” 

We are so blessed to have heard inspired singing.  It is wonderful to have a song in the night.  It would be so amazing if we would journal all the songs that God gives us in the night.  Over and over and over He gives a song.

How wonderful it is to receive edification and to give edification.  Malachi said, “A book of remembrance was made for those that edify one another.”  It is wonderful to be edified and encouraged. 

Isn’t it wonderful that God always comes through?  I’m glad that it is not up to me for God to meet the need right.  The challenge is that I put everything into His hand and say, “God I’m challenged and you always come through.”

Isn’t it wonderful how good God has been?  I remember the times when I was the target.  I got phone calls, letters, phone calls, and more letters.  I had a whole stack of them.  I got tired of holding onto them and burned every one of them.  I don’t have to prove anything.  God always comes through.

Psa 17:4  Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

When you open the door to sin, you open the door to the devil, and then you open the door to destruction.  The devil is no respecter of persons.  He will tear anyone’s life apart and anyone’s mind apart. 

Psa 17:5  Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

God help me to not slip, to not go off the path. 

Psa 17:6  I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Psa 17:7  Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.

We believe in strong preaching and rightfully so.  But isn’t it wonderful that there is a kindness with God?  God reached so far down, and He is still reaching so far down. 

This week as you intercede, we don’t need to name any names, as you pray and intercede for those souls that you are burdened for, in Isaiah 59 there was no intercessor, as you intercede for a soul, you and I know what the loving kindness of God does in reaching down.

There is no way that we can grasp what God’s loving kindness will save that young man from.  We used to think the most dangerous place for a baby to be was in the mother’s womb when all the abortions started to take place.  The teachers are seeing children being raised in an environment full of the destroyer, sin, and destruction.

Oh the terribleness that is piped into homes.  It is an abomination.  Can we do less than intercede for the loving kindness of God?  Little and young lives, and teenagers, the depths of sin reaches children before they are even teenagers.  It is in every family. 

Sin knows no limits.  May God stir every one of us.

Souls’ hope lays in our interceding.  How people get it together is through Jesus Christ.  Show forth thy loving kindness! 

It knows no limit.  My brother is a stroke victim and is 79 now.  How He and his wife need God’s loving kindness.

Psa 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
Psa 17:9  From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.

I was among the religious people last week, those spirits!  Some were even shorter than me and they looked down their nose at me.  It didn’t bother me, I’m too old to be bothered by those fowls.  How they were out to protect their cluster!  I only read from Mr Risland’s bible.  I didn’t even bring my notes from Sunday. 

Deliver me from the wicked that oppress me from deadly enemies that compass me about.

Psa 17:10  They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
Psa 17:11  They have now compassed us in our steps: they have set their eyes bowing down to the earth;
Psa 17:12  Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey, and as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
Psa 17:13  Arise, O LORD, disappoint him, cast him down: deliver my soul from the wicked, which is thy sword:
Psa 17:14  From men which are thy hand, O LORD, from men of the world, which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure: they are full of children, and leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
Psa 17:15  As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.


No comments:

Post a Comment