Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 9/28/14



Brother Gary Sunday Evening 9/28/14
2Ti 3:15  And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17  That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Timothy’s mother and grandmother were saved, but his father was not.  Paul wrote to him and said, “You are really blessed.” 

Salvation means deliverance, help, safety, victory, and health.  It is wonderful that this Word of God makes us wise unto salvation. 

I thought it would be good for the children and any of the adults that can remember the first scripture that you learned to share them with us tonight. 

Alex - Ephesians 6:1, Children obey your parents in the Lord. 
Isaac - Psalms 1:1, Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly.
Gyme – Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Makaela – Psalms chapter 23
Madison – Eph 6:1  Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2  Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
Eph 6:3  That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Tonight I believe that I will use Psalms 123 for my exhortation.  Above the Psalm it says, “A psalm of degrees.”  I believe there are 14 of the Psalms that say this.  They would sing these psalms as they went up the 14 steps into the temple.

Psa 123:1  A Song of degrees. Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens.

In all of our seasons of life there are some tough seasons and there are seasons of joy.  I think of the children, there are seasons of joy.  Children are excited about life.  They look forward to what is coming and what they are going to do.

Wherever we are tonight, it is so important to lift up our eyes to God. 

Psa 123:2  Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that he have mercy upon us.

We live in somewhat of a different day as far as job descriptions.  All of us that worked for the railroad, if you didn’t have a designated position in the morning, would go into this room.  Our boss would come in and if there were absentees then he would find a replacement.  He would say, “This needs to be done and that needs to be done.”  We would look to him as to what was our job for the day.

In life you’ve had some really good bosses, really good people to work for.  Sometimes it isn’t so pleasant.  One thing about serving God, we have a most faithful leader and able leader to direct us in our life.  We can look to him in every decision that is made.

Sister Alice is in a place of someone else making the decisions tomorrow.  Someone will say, “I think this.”  Someone else will say, “I think that.”  There is a lady judge that will be making the decisions.  She will hand down a judgment and a verdict.

So it is in the decisions that we make tomorrow.  It is really important that we allow the eternal God to direct us; our eyes focused as a servant, “God what would you have for me today?”

There are some things that we know are God’s will.  It is God’s will that we are saved, sanctified, walk in love.  Love is kind, does not lift up itself… it is so important that we look to God and wait on the Lord that He will have mercy.

Psa 123:3  Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.

The mercy of God is new every morning.  If it wasn’t for the mercy of God we would be consumed.  How different your and my life would be if it were not for the mercy of God. 

We had a close call the other night and my wife and I were really worried.  I thought I was facing death.  I was severely affected with a condition where I didn’t know if my breathing was going to close down.  My wife told me in the morning, “I wasn’t going to just let you die.”  I lay down to sleep and we looked to the mercy of God.

Psa 123:4  Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

There are so many things all around us that would worry us and make us fearful as to what this is all about.  We can look to God and rest in peace.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment