Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sis Teri Sunday School 2/13/11


Sis Teri Sunday School 2/13/11

The value of the Word of God

The most important thing for us to have for our own salvation and for reaching out to the lost is the Word of God.  It is not just printed word; it is God.  Jesus is the Word of God.  

The word of God gives us understand of where we are today in our soul, it helped us to understand that we were lost and it helped us to get saved.  It is the only thing that the Spirit of God witnesses to.  It is the only thing that will help us to gain ground spiritually.

John 1:1-18 KJVR
(1)  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2)  The same was in the beginning with God.
(3)  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
(4)  In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
(5)  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
(6)  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
(7)  The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
(8)  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
(9)  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
(10)  He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
(11)  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
(12)  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
(13)  Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
(14)  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(15)  John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
(16)  And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
(17)  For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
(18)  No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 5:7-8 KJVR
(7)  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(8)  And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost are one in heaven.  The Spirit, and the water, and the blood agree in one on earth.

Revelation 1:4-6 KJVR
(4)  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
(5)  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
(6)  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

He has all eternal continuance from the beginning through forever.  From every place in time, the Spirit of God has been before the throne receiving from God.  Jesus is the faithful witness; He is dependable.  He has never said anything that we could not depend on.  

The reconciliation is what God desired.  That we would be able to be one and have a reconciliation where we can have a relationship of being one with God and Jesus Christ.

John 19:33-37 KJVR
(33)  But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
(34)  But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
(35)  And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe.
(36)  For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken.
(37)  And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

The water and blood came out of Jesus side.  These things were prophesied long before Jesus came.  It shows the plan of God from the beginning, these things didn’t just happen.  

John 10:30 KJVR
(30)  I and my Father are one.

John 12:49-50 KJVR
(49)  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
(50)  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

John 15:26 KJVR
(26)  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:13-16 KJVR
(13)  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
(14)  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(15)  All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
(16)  A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

The Spirit and the Word say the same thing and they glorify God in everything.  It is not us that gets the glory when we speak the word, but God.

John 17:11 KJVR
(11)  And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:14-23 KJVR
(14)  I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(15)  I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
(16)  They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(17)  Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
(18)  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
(19)  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
(20)  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
(21)  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(22)  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
(23)  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

We see the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and the unity that God desires for us to have with them.  It takes the Spirit of God to give that unity.  It takes the Spirit of God to lead us.  Don’t separate the Spirit from the Word of God.

I have heard people say that the Spirit of God had led them to do what was contrary to the Word of God; this will never happen.  It is alarming to me the number of people that have been able to get off from what the Bible says as truth and say that the Spirit of God led them.  The Spirit of God will never lead someone away from harmony with the word of God and the people of God.

There are times when the enemy plagues a mind and a person makes a decision and it relieves their mind just to have made a decision.  We need to get a hold of God and allow Him to lead us.  

I’ve had the enemy come to plague my mind many times.  I have come to church in the past when the enemy is there to hound me so that I cannot get anything from the word of God or of the songs.  Then when I leave there is a relief; he then plants the thought in my mind, “there you are; it is the fault of being in church.”

I’ve experienced many times when the testimony of the saints has helped me.  We need to allow the saints to help us.  Sometimes I’ve been studying something and Bro Gary brings the same thing from the pulpit; that is a witness.  

It is not a bad thing when the message brought hits us.  We need the word to reveal our needs.  Don’t take offense and think of it as something directed toward you as a personal hit from the messenger.  Take it as something from the Spirit of God.

Acts 5:30-32 KJVR
(30)  The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
(31)  Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
(32)  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

If we don’t obey the Spirit of God, how can we expect Him to keep talking to us?  You cannot have a disregard of the instruction from the Father.  Whether it is in the home or in the soul, we need to obey the instruction.

Revelation 19:11-16 KJVR
(11)  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
(12)  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
(13)  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
(14)  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
(15)  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
(16)  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

This is talking of Jesus; He is clothed in a vesture dipped in blood.  This is the same blood that cleanses us and allows us to wear white garments of purity.  The armies that follow are the saints of God.

Ephesians 6:17 KJVR
(17)  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We have the responsibility to take the same sword that the Spirit uses, the Word of God, and use it.

John 1:9 KJVR
(9)  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

God is faithful to deal with every man in this manner.  I was raised in the Catholic Church and learned the bible stories as a child and God used these later to lead me.  God has promised that He would prosper His word.  When we’re working in BST we need to use the word of God to teach them, God has promised to prosper His word.  

Stories with a good moral have their place, but when it comes to having devotions, we need to use the word of God.  When it comes to leading people to Christ, we need to use the Bible; that is what the Spirit of God has already been witnessing to the hearts.  The Spirit of God will witness as we speak the Word of God to people that what we are telling them is true.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 KJVR
(13)  For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

The Word will benefit us only if we receive it as the Word of God.  Not if we receive it as the word of man.  It will work for our good if we will receive it as the Word of God.

Effectually – means to be active, efficient, to be mighty in, show forth self,
The Word of God reveals our needs to our self.

John 12:44-50 KJVR
(44)  Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.
(45)  And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.
(46)  I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
(47)  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
(48)  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
(49)  For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
(50)  And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

If any man hear but believe not I judge not; he has one that will judge him, the word.  Jesus didn’t come to judge; the word judged them, but He brought the remedy.

Our words may put conviction on people.  Think of being out with one that doesn’t know the regulations while fishing.  They catch a fish that is over 15 inches and you pull out the tape measure and show them that they have to throw it back in the rule book.  Are you judging them because you have shown them that they need to throw it back?  It is the book that tells what the regulations are; you are just showing them the rule.

We are not bringing the word to judge, but because we want people to know the right way and to get off of the wrong way.

No comments:

Post a Comment