Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bro Gary Weds PM 2/9/11

Bro Gary Weds PM 2/9/11
Psalms 120:1-7 KJVR
(1)  A Song of degrees. In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.
(2)  Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.
(3)  What shall be given unto thee? or what shall be done unto thee, thou false tongue?
(4)  Sharp arrows of the mighty, with coals of juniper.
(5)  Woe is me, that I sojourn in Mesech, that I dwell in the tents of Kedar!
(6)  My soul hath long dwelt with him that hateth peace.
(7)  I am for peace: but when I speak, they are for war.

Distress means a tight spot, a time of affliction, a difficult spiritual time, and anguish.

When it seems like the enemy is contesting you, when you may be visited by spirits, or plagued by thoughts that you don’t like, you are in distress.

We sang the song, “Keep me.”  May God help us to grasp the value of being kept.  Pray that I will let God keep me.   

Whatever you do, don’t ever let pride, arrogance, or stupidity make you think that you don’t need God to keep you.  The enemy is out there doing everything he can to make a black mark on the church of God.  May we be stirred beyond measure, more than we have ever been stirred before.

In my distress help me to cry unto the Lord.  We have a God that can keep us.  A pebble in your shoe that makes you uncomfortable is like what Paul referred to as a thorn in the flesh.  Get a hold of God because God is greater.  There is no situation that God cannot turn to cause us to be more on fire for Him.

There are difficulties and afflictions, times when your mind battles thoughts and accusations.  Sometimes unkind words have been said to you and you’ve taken them to the altar and the enemy brings them back and they go over and over.  In your distress and trial, (whether it is a pebble in the shoe or a hole in the tooth, or a thorn in the flesh), in your distress call upon God.

Sometimes we have to cry and it is good for us to be broken before God.  Anguish is acute distress.  

The pain of a life being ruined!  We know there is healing because we’ve been healed.  There is healing emotionally, spiritually…

There is no one that needed being saved more than I did.  It brings acute distress to see someone in pain and lost in sin.

Isaiah 25:1-4 KJVR
(1)  O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
(2)  For thou hast made of a city an heap; of a defenced city a ruin: a palace of strangers to be no city; it shall never be built.
(3)  Therefore shall the strong people glorify thee, the city of the terrible nations shall fear thee.
(4)  For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

We are the strongest when we recognize how weak we are and how much we need God.  We can be the most used of God when we are shaking and trembling, resting in His help.  Our words may not come out the smoothest at that time, but that is not what is important.  When we are drawing on God, He is our strength. 


God is a strength to the poor and a strength to the needy in his distress.  It is alright if we feel distress in a trial, or because of a life that is messed up, or a home that is messed up.  It is okay to be distressed as long as we handle it on our knees the Bible way.

Psalms 120:1 KJVR
(1)  A Song of degrees. In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me.

David knew what it was to be hunted.  God protected that man.  David knew what it was to have a spear thrown at him.  In his distress he cried unto the Lord and He heard.  

Sometimes the acute distress is when we know that our brother or our sister, our son or our daughter is the one being shot at.  God promised to be a strength to the needy in distress and a refuge from the storm. 
 
Isaiah 25:4 KJVR
(4)  For thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.

When all hell is turned loose, He is a shadow from the heat.  “In my distress I cried unto God and He heard me.”

Isaiah 26:1-4 KJVR
(1)  In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
(2)  Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
(3)  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
(4)  Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:

There is a foundation on this city and a footing.  It is a footing that the enemy cannot get under.  

God you open the door to everyone that loves God and loves truth.  Open the door, there will be peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment