Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Brother Kale Sunday Morning 10/11/15

Brother Kale Sunday Morning 10/11/15
Stirring up our pure minds to remember the blessing that we have in the Gospel:  There are certain times that there is nothing we can anchor on; we have the Word of God.

Dropping the anchor:  I think of Brother Jack when he was in Idaho.  We both love to fish so we decided we would go out into Lake Pend Oreille and fish for kokanee.  We didn’t know that the bottom was so steep.  We thought we were anchored.  The next thing we know we are drifting into other boats.  They were not very happy. 

We tried again and the next thing we know we are drifting into the same boats.  They are not happy with us at all.  We kept getting more tickled.  We go to laughing so that we didn’t have strength to pull up the anchor.  We should have figured it out: The anchor was falling off the bottom.  The line would go slack, we thought we were anchored, but then it would fall off.

The things that are seen are temporal.  We are anchored on the things that are not seen.  Thank God that we can have our anchor in things that are sure.  None of what we see is forever.  Even our bodies and countenance will be changed.  Jesus was glorified to the point that people had trouble recognizing Him.

The only thing that we can set our eyes on that is eternal is the Word of God.  It is a tie to things that are eternal.  What ought we to anchor our lives in?  These temporal things that we know will pass away?  I dare not trust the sweetest frame as I trust Jesus.  People can fail in the grace of God.  We need to trust and have our anchor in something that is very sure.

We have a lot at stake: It is our eternal soul.  We need to remind ourselves of the sureness and solidness of our anchorage.  It is very sure.

Heb 6:13  For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
Heb 6:14  Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
Heb 6:15  And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.
Heb 6:16  For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
Heb 6:17  Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:
Heb 6:18  That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Heb 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
Heb 6:20  Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

God’s speech is solid and you can rest upon it but he confirmed it by an oath.  There is one thing that God cannot do.  He cannot lie.  That is a solid benchmark.  What God has said was true yesterday, is true today and will be forever. 

We have a strong consolation in what we face in life.  Our hope goes in the veil, clear into the presence of the almighty God.  It is not just one man that enters into the presence of God anymore.  Everyone in Zion appears before God. 

It is wonderful.  In my own prayer closet it is as if I am standing before the mercy seat.  I can enter into the presence of God. Little old panhandle Idaho me!

God promised an inheritance confirmed it with an oath and came to earth to show the way to obtain that promise.  He now sits and guides us to our own success.  These things are safe and sure places to anchor.

Joh 6:37  All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

I have to instruct people when their faith is struggling to take hold: God drew you with the intention of saving you.  There are few that choose to serve God.  Is He going to turn one away when they have chosen to serve Him?  He is on our side.  He will help us. 

God has provision and anchorage all the way through.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

It is very simple.  We confess, forsake, and He is faithful and just to forgive.  He wants to forgive and give that part to us.

Jas 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
Jas 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Sometimes sin occasions physical problems.  Think of the willingness of God to forgive.  Bring the whole man, he could be broken spiritually, or physically, “I will fix the whole charge.”  We serve a God that can do abundantly more.

When people are broken in body a lot of times they are broken in spirit.  Some are stubborn to the very death, they hold onto their own ways and shake their fist to the grave.  Often though, if people are broken in body, they are broken in other ways.  God has made provision for that.

God was willing to forgive David of great sin and withheld forgiveness from Saul even though it seemed that his sin was not as serious.  Saul’s sin was neglect.  What it boiled down to was the heart condition of the man that God was dealing with. 

Saul’s heart was all about, “I admit finally: I did sin; let’s go on and forget about it.  Now honor me before the people.”  It was not about being broken, he wanted honor.  When he was small in his own eyes and God was big, it would not have been that way.

It was not this way with David.  Nathan just brought him a little parable and David said, “I have sinned against the Lord.  Nathan said, “The Lord has put away your sin and thou shalt not die.”

“Bring joy to the bones that thou hast broken.  Restore the joy of salvation.”  Psalms 53

We find David a broken man.  He was ready to fulfill whatever needed to be done to restore his salvation.  He lost the child and pleaded with God.  “Against thee and thee only have I sinned.”  David was very broken and submitted.

God forgave David because he was easily broken and moved in the right direction by the eternal word of God.

The child that is born unto thee shall die:  Being willing to submit to the consequences is as important as listening.  Also being willing to restore and restitute.  I wonder when I see those that are not willing to do restitution.  Instead of making things right they say, “They should just get over it.”  No you were the one that caused the problem. 

Self-preservation is self-destruction.  You will destroy yourself by trying to preserve yourselves.  He that saves his life shall lose it.  Self-life will destroy real life, real satisfaction.

Thank God for the broken that will willingly drop their anchor and grip the Word of God by faith. 

Mat 9:2  And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

He cut right to the chase.  That was the main need.  The physical body and how we feel is important but this was more important.  He thought, “If I could just get to Jesus, he will meet my need.” 

Luk 7:37  And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
Luk 7:38  And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39  Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
Luk 7:40  And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
Luk 7:41  There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42  And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
Luk 7:43  Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
Luk 7:44  And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
Luk 7:45  Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luk 7:46  My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
Luk 7:47  Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
Luk 7:48  And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
Luk 7:49  And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
Luk 7:50  And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Look at the willingness of the Lord.  People go through life and the attrition of life, the wearing down of life, causes us to feel that our anchor line is worn thin or getting loose.  God help us this morning to get it strengthened by the sureness of our anchorage. 
I can feel the anchor fast
As I meet each sudden blast,
And the cable, though unseen,
Bears the heavy strain between;
Through the storm I safely ride,
Till the turning of the tide.
Refrain:
And it holds, my anchor holds:
Blow your wildest, then, O gale,
On my bark so small and frail;
By His grace I shall not fail,
For my anchor holds, my anchor holds.

John 8:3-11 the adulterous woman was facing death and she was desperate.  There was a band of murderers that had her; they claimed to be fulfilling the law.  Jesus keyed on that problem and said, “He that is without sin among you go ahead and throw the first stone.”  Jesus was the only one without sin there; He was unwilling to throw a stone because of the love of mercy. 

The woman was doomed and knew that she had done wrong.  She knew that she had it coming.  Stoning was a very unpleasing thing.  The Lord said, “Where are those, thine accusers?  Does any man accuse thee?  Neither do I accuse thee.  Go and sin no more.” 

Go and by the grace of God be free indeed.  He imparted right there not only forgiveness, but the ability to keep herself in the way, not only redemption but regeneration.

Joh 6:38  For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
Joh 6:39  And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

God’s will is that people start.  God’s will is that people continue.  God’s will is that people finish.  He is behind all of that with help and sure anchorage.  He will keep His promise to see us through.

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

I take this as a personal promise.  He intends to not only willingly begin the work but to finish the deal and close the deal.  This was His purpose in starting the work.

Luk 11:9  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luk 11:10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Luk 11:11  If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Luk 11:12  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
Luk 11:13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Even unconverted, most men love their children enough to give their children what they are in need of.  If they are in the water drowning, there is not one decent father in the world that would not throw every weight off and cast himself into the sea to save his son.  That is the normal father love.

He appeals to that to show us a greater love, divine heavenly father love.  We need to understand how willing God is to impart all good things especially the Holy Spirit.  If we are going to live this life then we definitely need the Holy Spirit of God to see us through this confusing and troubled life.

Rom 5:1  Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Rom 5:2  By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

This is a clear doctrinal teaching of the second grace of God.

Rom 5:3  And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4  And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5  And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

We see such wonderful anchorage here.  Salvation and justification makes our anchor sure.  The receiving of the Holy Spirit makes it even more sure.  When the Spirit of God gives us a little bit of heaven in our soul, we realize that, “The whole thing is coming one of these days.  I have a little piece of it.” 

I have a piece of heaven in my soul.  I know I will not be ashamed because I already have a piece of the real-estate in my soul.  I know that I will get the whole thing one of these days.  That assurance and standing grace helps us to count tribulations joy knowing that the Spirit of God is able to orchestrate all things for our benefit. 

He is able to help us when the trials come.  God is not the God of caprice: dangling a carrot, “Come and get it.” Then pulling it away.  God doesn’t play with people’s emotions or loyalties.  He is sure and steadfast.  We can count on what He says.

2Ti 1:12  For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

What have we committed? Our eternal soul.  It is eternally safe in His hands. To have proper anchorage it takes complete submission to His will.  Thank God that we can all do that.  God has made it possible that whosoever will can submit to His will.

Thank God we can have standing grace and realize that each tribulation is as a stepping stone.  “Each tribulation brings me a little closer to that final payday where I get it all.” 

All things work together for good to them that love God: they work conformity to His image who is our example, Jesus Christ.

Every step brings me closer to Him and makes me more like Him. This brings hope and joy even in tribulation.

Act 10:1  There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
Act 10:2  A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

Act 10:30  And Cornelius said, Four days ago I was fasting until this hour; and at the ninth hour I prayed in my house, and, behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,
Act 10:31  And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
Act 10:32  Send therefore to Joppa, and call hither Simon, whose surname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a tanner by the sea side: who, when he cometh, shall speak unto thee.
Act 10:33  Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done that thou art come. Now therefore are we all here present before God, to hear all things that are commanded thee of God.

We realize through the trouble he went through that he was not only wiling to hear, but to do.  The seeker cannot be divided in heart, “God tell me what to do and I will weigh my options.”  No, we need to be, “God you are my option, period.” 

Act 10:44  While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

When the heart condition is right then God will send the fire and will send what is needed.  It was not just Cornelius.  It was his whole household.  They must have been very obedient. 

It did not matter that they were Gentiles.  They were spiritual Israel.  “I am going to give them my Holy Spirit.”

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

When you are holy, and presenting your vessel, you are acceptable.  When you are yielding to Him and allow Him to clean you up, then He has no problem with His job.  Before we were saved, we were unacceptable and the Spirit couldn’t come into us because He cannot dwell with sin.

God created us; that alone would imply ownership. When we were sold into sin, He bought us back with a great price.  He came to earth in His son and He paid the price.  We are twice owned.  We are His creation and His re-creation.

This is God’s will.  We have good anchorage to believe this with all our heart and stake our eternal destination on this. 

Brother Beireis had reservations in committing his life to God when he was young, because he had plans for his life.  He would say, “Yes Lord, I yield myself.”  But it was not the yielding that God wanted. 

He had a vision of being in the Wilderness and crossing Jordan.  It was not a river but a deep, dark chasm.  He said, “Yes Lord I will.”  He grabbed the rope and swung out to Canaan.  He just about reached Canaan and swung back and just about reached the wilderness. 

He, with the pendulum effect, ended up hanging over the chasm.  What he had to do was let go of the rope.  He ended up not in the chasm and darkness but in Canaan.  He had to let go of his way.  When God gets His way then everyone wins.

Clear back in the Old Testament God looked for a man to stand in the gap.  To make up the hedge.  In that day He couldn’t find one.  He found one in Jesus.  Jesus is not here now.  Now there is His body.  We are to fill His position with the gifts that He had, we have all these gifts together but not singly. 

We are to be His light to humanity.  We are to stand in the gap: in the good, acceptable, and perfect will of God. 

It came to me and could come to you, “How will I know that I will be able to do everything that God will ask of me?  Will I have to be a missionary, will I have to do this or that?”  We don’t even need to go there.  We don’t have to cross bridges that we have never come to.

Php 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

When you are first saved or even first sanctified you might not have a working will to be a missionary.  That might be God’s plan for you.  He will work in you both to will and to do.  He will give you a desire. 

This is a reasonable service.  He will not ask anything that we cannot do.  He will make me want to do and give me the will to do whatever He desires.

Whatever God leads me to, He will give me the ability to perform.  “Give me my chunk of Canaan, I am ready.”  Don’t let the enemy static, I think of the old tube radio, fill your mind with noise.  Press your way through it and put your anchor in the sure word of God.

God works in you, stay broken as you first were when you came to the Lord.  Whatever God shows you that needs to be broken, let that suffer the same fate.  Can man keep fire in his bosom and not be burned?  Let God have anything that He has appointed to the fire.

What God shows us, He will be faithful to help with.  When the Spirit of God is come He will lead you to all truth.  Peter was not able at the Pentecost to receive the revelation of the Gentiles being saved.  Later He was able.  God will help us.

Php 2:14  Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
Php 2:15  That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Do the will of God willingly without murmuring and disputing.  If we do then we will be secure.

Php 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

He was broken to His own way from the beginning and He stayed broken.

Php 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Php 3:12  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Heaven is yet above me and I am still taking those steps to get there.  We don’t ever arrive and then coast to heaven.  When we coast we go downward.  Heaven is always upward.  We must take steps to get there.

Php 3:13  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14  I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Forgetting those things that I find are associated with the old man.  Brother Warner after being sanctified on down the road was warned by the Spirit of God, “You are bringing up that you were involved in saving 500 souls.”  He thought he was giving glory to God but God showed him that there was a little self that was getting glory.  He let it go and kept walking up that road.

Php 3:15  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

He won’t allow you to get off the road without road marks, stop signs, and detours.  He will help you to stay on the path.  We can have anchorage all the way through to the glory road right until we step through those pearly gates.

Php 3:16  Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

New truth or light never removes the established truth.  If it does then it is old darkness.  The old one-cleansing thing has tried to come around time after time as new light.  It is old darkness.  It has never done any good.  It never will.

Jas 1:21  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

We realize, looking around us, that there is false anchorage, “The Lord is blessing me in material ways and with this or that opportunity.”  But I don’t see holiness in the lives so I say, “I don’t know what you are anchored on but it is false anchorage.”

Jesus will be there when they think that they will be welcomed into the gates: “You know me as your heavenly father and your brother?  I don’t know you that way.  I know you a far off, I know your name.  A long time off you rejected me when I said that you could live holy.  The blessings were not me; that was just life.  I would have blessed you if you had listened to me back there at this day and this time.  I would have blessed you, but you didn’t hear and obey.” 

God is faithful and no one will fall into a place of false anchorage without protest from God.  He will stop you and put up a road block.  God help us.  The majority of vast Christianity is not listening.  “I cannot give that up.  I will just put more tithes in the box.”  God is being faithful to show them, “That doesn’t work.  I don’t sell indulgences any more than I ever did.” 


It is not just Catholics that sell indulgences.  Many Protestants do too: If you plop your money in the box then you can live how you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment