Thursday, October 22, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 10/21/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 10/21/15
Psa 116:1  I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

We have much to love God for.  We have been taught and retaught that faith, hope, and charity abides; but charity goes on and on.

Psa 116:2  Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

As long as we are in this earthen vessel, we will face challenges and battles in this life.  If you have been saved even a little while, you have proved that God hears and answers prayer.  The record shows that we have every reason to trust God. 

He has answered us individually time and time again.  He has answered for us as a congregation time and again.  God has been very faithful.  God did not fail.  We have every reason to believe God.

Psa 116:3  The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

There are dark seasons, seasons where there is no assurance, and travailing darkness seems to come over your soul.

Psa 116:4  Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
Psa 116:5  Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

May God help every one of us to let God be gracious to us.  May He help us to receive His benefits.  He is gracious and righteous and merciful.

Psa 116:6  The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

God help us to be open and trust God, “I am going to trust Him.  He has bene faithful.  He has brought us through.”

We can find our mind working against us spiritually.  Producing worries upon worries.  I don’t get the mail every day anymore.  Can you get the mail without there being something in there that will cause worry?

Psa 116:7  Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.

There are times when we feel the uncertainty of a soul’s condition.  There are times when we look at a prodigal or an individual that has never been saved.  Perhaps you are thinking of an unsaved husband or wife.  It will bring such agony to the soul.

It is not wrong to agonize and pray or stand in the gap, but you can only stay there so long.  God wants our soul to come back to that point of rest.  There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

The Lord has dealt bountifully with thee.  We have every reason to believe God.  When we think of what God has done; how He has not failed! 

We may feel as Paul that we are pressed out of measure, pressed to the last limit.  “God I don’t know if I can take any more.”  And God comes through again.

Psa 116:8  For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

This earthen vessel is just the carrier of that soul.  The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life.  Sin is so terrible it leaves people with no direction in their life and empty.

Psa 116:9  I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.

It is wonderful to have that hope for tomorrow. 

Psa 116:10  I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
Psa 116:11  I said in my haste, All men are liars.

There are times that you wonder, “Does anyone care?”  Yes, Jesus cares.  There are times that you wonder if you are all alone.  He says, “No, I am with you still.”

Psa 116:12  What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?

Brother Maconahae so well preached that God loads us daily with benefits. But it is vital that we are not loaded down with something else so that we miss the benefits. 

We cannot begin to number the benefits tonight.

Psa 116:13  I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

The benefits of salvation.  There is deliverance!  Isn’t that wonderful?  We have no thought of elevating any particular location, but isn’t it a marvel that God set things in order so that you and I heard about Bible Salvation here in Paradise?

Salvation means deliverance.  The greatest deliverance is deliverance from sin.  That is just one aspect of it.  It is a great aspect.  We live in a world where people are so bound by sin. 

We stayed in a place where from nine to twelve the noise just increased and increased.  Not far from where we were there was a restaurant and a bar.  It is interesting that as literal darkness comes so sin goes out. 

I remember the first time that we were in Santa Fe.  We went out in the evening and I told Karen that “We will never do this again, this is too scary.”  Her aunt took us to the same place while we were there.  Isn’t wonderful that I don’t need to party or creep about in the middle of the night to have life? 

It is wonderful to be delivered from going out to try to find something to satisfy.

We are delivered from all our fears.  We are delivered from our hang-ups.  There are things that we acquired from our parents or the circumstances that we were raised in.  Isn’t it wonderful that there is healing and there is a deliverance?

Salvation means help.  Isn’t it wonderful that we have a God that is ready to help us?  He is as a friend that sticks closer than a brother.  God is a present help over and over again.

Salvation means safety.  We live in a world full of imposters; they are people that want to take advantage of someone else.  That is our world today. 

In salvation you have a protection.  When God speaks and warns you, you don’t need to make a big show of it but realize, “God has spoken and I need to be careful.”

Salvation is a wonderful thing.  “Salvation is the sweetest thing.”

Salvation means victory.  I am so thankful that God has given to every one of us a measure of faith so that we can have victory.  You can have victory today.  You may say, “You don’t know what has gone on or what I am facing.”  That is true, but I know that by faith you and I can have the victory.

I will take this cup that He has filled up.  Think with me of the wonderful deliverance and help that God has given you.  How many times has He helped us?  It is only His help that my wife, my children and I are not buried in a cemetery somewhere.  We were out of control for however long after my mom died and we avoided three head on collisions.  God has been wonderful.

The last meaning of salvation is health.  I would say that people are really struggling with health issues today.  Part of it is our times, our days, our lifestyle.  The greatest health that God gives us is a sound mind.  He will give us a healthy mind.  That is one of the greatest benefits.

Our mind is targeted by the devil, the chief imposter.  He has way too many helpers.

To think that we can have health in our mind, in our soul!  I am glad that the battle with the bad attitude is over.  I may battle it again, but I am going to win.  If the battle of bitterness ever comes back, I am going to win.  There is too much to gain to lose.

I will take the cup of salvation.  I will call upon the Lord.

Dear God you have been so good.  The things that really count… We thank God for our home, and for pillows without feathers.  That is a big thing when you are allergic to them.  But the greatest appreciation is for salvation.  We bring it back and say, “All of this is because of you God.”

Salvation is not just for a lifetime.  One of these days our feet will touch eternity’s shores.  For all the drab thoughts that came knocking on your mind this week.  Think of that hope of home at last.  Think of that hope of those loved ones.

“I am going to go away and prepare a place for you.”  Sister Beth is not thinking, “I don’t have that little house on the end of central anymore.” She says, “I have a mansion.” 

Psa 116:14  I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.

Church, I am going to take the cup of salvation.  I am going to call upon the Lord, I will pay my vows unto the Lord in the presence of His people. 

Psa 116:15  Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
Psa 116:16  O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
Psa 116:17  I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Psa 116:18  I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people,
Psa 116:19  In the courts of the LORD'S house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

One of these days He will say, “You have had enough.  Come on home.”


No comments:

Post a Comment