Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 10/4/15

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 10/4/15
Rev 19:1  And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

I don’t know how words are formed from one language into another language.  Alleluia comes from two Hebrew words and came into the English to make one word.  One Hebrew word, (entrance 1984 in the Hebrew/Chaldea dictionary of the Strong’s Concordance), meant a clear sound. 

As you age it is a little more difficult to understand what people are saying unless they look right at you and enunciate.  Often in my case I will place an order and they will be talking to someone else and then they will talk to me.  I will tell them, “I am hearing challenged and I need you to look right at me when you speak.”  They will then focus on me and raise their voice.  That is not what I was looking for.

This word ‘Alleluia’ is to give a clear sound and to give a beautiful color.  Words are beautiful.  The tone of the voice and the way the face looks puts a color to words.  It means shining.  It is a part of the thought of a celebration and a singing and a joying in praise.

The next word is entrance 3050 that means given to the only true, self-existent, and eternal God.  It is a beautiful word.  It is a word that I need in 2015.  It is a word that God ordained that the church would have in these last days because of the darkness, the grief, and facing the unknown. 

If we allow the sound of the world: the anger, the clamor, the hate spirits… if we allow them to set the music that we march to, then we will be a bunch of soldiers marching with heads down and defeated already.  God never planned it that way.

Rev 19:1  And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

May God help you and me to realize, “Crown Him with many crowns.”  Last week over and over again Karen and I made the choice of instead of yielding to the voice of the flesh of being sick, of discouragement, of the bad things that are happening in the world and all around us, to go back to Jesus.  He knows what is going on.  Instead of allowing the spirit of dread, fear, and discouragement to work, that is not the color that God wants to shine out of our lives, turn to Him.

Salvation: There is still help, victory, health, deliverance, and safety.  There is still healing in the blood.  The blood deals with the sin issue, with the carnal issue, and the need to be sanctified, and through His stripes we are healed. 

Who I would have known as Sister Hines Senior wrote a track: the cure for accusations.  It was a track of her testimony as to how she overcame the accusing voice of the enemy.  “I plead the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on my mind.”

When you are physically exhausted, your mind will be so tired.  The enemy will move in like a flood with accusations, fears, and concerns: legitimate and otherwise.  Thank God for the blood of Christ.  “I don’t know about tomorrow.”  But I do know the power of the blood of Jesus Christ on my mind.

Sister Hines had a grip on this and through her track, the dead yet speaks.  There is still salvation and power in the blood of Christ.

When we are before God and the saints gather around and agree in prayer for the Body of Christ, God still comes down.  We have so much to praise and thank God for.  We still can say, Alleluia. 

Rev 19:2  For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

We can trust Jesus.  We often don’t know how things will work out.  We have a bunch of wool in our minds and cannot seem to sort through it all.  God knows how to bring the true and righteous judgments.

God and His Son, and the Holy Spirit of God are still bringing a judgment against all the beasts and the image and it will never cease.

Rev 19:3  And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
Rev 19:4  And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

Those from the Old Testament, those from the New Testament, and the church in every season that we have gone through, through to the end time there were a people saying “Alleluia.

I love the thought that Heaven is preparing for a wedding.  When a virtuous young lady is preparing for a man of valor, there is a lot of preparation that goes on.  The bride wants to look right and the groom wants to look right.  Heaven is waiting for this occasion and it is real.  We don’t want to miss it.

Rev 19:5  And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

Every one, praise God.

Rev 19:6  And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

The enemy wants to still our voice and for us to pick up the lingo of our day instead of keeping our eyes on Jesus.  “I don’t know how things are going to work out, but I know that God has a plan.” God knew that there was going to be October 4th 2015.  He knew what we would be going through.

There is still a God in heaven.  He will take care of His people.

Rev 19:7  Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

It is our privilege to get ready for the wedding.  To say, “God whatever I need to do, whatever I need to involve myself in or withdraw myself from, I want to be ready and involved in the perfect will of God.”

Rev 19:8  And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Isn’t it wonderful that the weddings garments have all been bought and they are ready for those that are saved? 

Rev 19:9  And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

We are blessed to be called.  It has left a strong impact on my mind, the last service that I remember Sister Twete being with us.  She had said, “I don’t sing solos much but I want to sing this song.”  Then Sister Sue read the text that came that she had been diagnosed with colon cancer. 

There was something very special about that song because she sang it from her heart.  You and I know a little of what she went through to be where she is to have the testimony, “I’d rather have Jesus.”

Blessed are they that are called.

Rev 19:10  And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Rev 19:11  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

So often the red horse comes my way, the spirit of unbelief.  Church, we cannot doubt God.  Unbelief is a killer, it takes peace, and it leads to apostasy. 

Apostasy doesn’t stop with just one little thing.  It goes further and further and further.  We know that there are some that backslide at the snap of the finger.  There are others that backslide gradually.  Some of them never realize, they were lulled to sleep. 

Every once in a while I have a privilege of preaching to some Babylonians that come into a funeral or wherever it might be.  They seem to have the look, “It seems that I heard that before.  Do I kind of know something about that?” 

Apostasy is a slow death but sure.  For death and hell follow unbelief.

We want to follow the one that is the white horse rider with the bow, that goes forth conquering and to conquer.

Rev 19:12  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

It is wonderful to be following one that knows everything. 

Rev 19:14  And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

I woke from my nap this afternoon thinking of my mother’s song, some of you can remember her and the group that sang with her.  This was a song that she loved,

I saw a blood washed pilgrim, a sinner saved by grace,
Upon the King’s highway, with peaceful, shining face;
Temptations sore beset her, but nothing could afright;
She said, “The yoke is easy, the burden, it is light.”

Refrain
Then palms of victory, crowns of glory,
Palms of victory I shall wear.

Her helmet was salvation, a simple faith her shield,
And righteousness her breastplate, the spirit’s sword she’d wield.
All fiery darts arrested, and quenched their blazing flight;
She cried “The yoke is easy, the burden, it is light.”

I saw her in the furnace; she doubted not, nor feared,
And in the flames beside her, the Son of God appeared;
Though seven times ’twas heated, with all the tempter’s might,
She cried, “The yoke is easy, the burden, it is light.”

’Mid storms, and clouds, and trials, in prison, at the stake,
She leaped for joy, rejoicing, ’twas all for Jesus’ sake;
That God should count her worthy, was such supreme delight,
She cried, “The yoke is easy, the burden, is so light.”

I saw her overcoming, through all the swelling strife,
Until she crossed the threshold of God’s eternal life;
The crown, the throne, the scepter, the name, the stone so white,
Were hers, who found, in Jesus, the yoke and burden light.

“Oh I would not want to miss it walking up the streets of gold, with the saints and martyrs blood washed playing on their harps of gold…”


No comments:

Post a Comment