Thursday, August 6, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 8/2/15

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 8/2/15
Isa 45:1  Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

We are always challenged in our lives.  There are times that we are challenged more than others.  Sometimes our situation is so big that it is more than we can handle and we don’t know what we can do.  Those times are not bad.  They help us to see that we need God.  God is holding your hand.

I will loose the loins of kings:  There will be those in our lives that to whatever degree are in powerful situations.  We think, “This thing is clear out of hand.  Only God can visit this situation.”  God has a way of visiting individuals.  He has a way of changing men and women’s resistance to God. 

We war against principalities, powers, and the rulers of darkness of this world.  Sometimes the battle is almost open combat between the powers of darkness, Satan and the church.  God has a way of disarming the enemy.

To open before him the two leaved gates:  Cyrus was going to Babylon which was well fortified and had a lot of protection.  God has a way of opening things up for you to get to a soul to help them or for opening the way for them to escape.

The gates shall not be shut: God has a way of opening and no man closing.  He has a way of closing and no man opening.

I will go before thee.  The crooked places will be made straight:  Those situations that you would like to see accomplished but there are deep holes to get through and mountains that need to be tunneled through for it to be accomplished.  He has a way of lifting up the deep spots and of bringing down the mountains.  He has a way of working in situations that are hard and making them straight.

I will break in two the gates of brass:  I think of the bondage of souls.  The world holds no bondage on those that have fought that battle through.  I am not saying that the world will not come back again.  That is a part of the battle that we are in, but God knows how to break the gates of brass.

People work themselves into terrible situations and then it seems that the devil locks them in.  They are unhappy with their lives, but they are staying right there.  It is God that must break in pieces the gates of brass.  Cut in sunder the bars of iron:  It is wonderful to know that GOD is able to liberate a soul. 

I will give thee the treasures of darkness:  Cyrus was not in himself, or with his army, any way large enough to accomplish what he needed to accomplish but God had a design to give the riches of Babylon to Cyrus.  There will be dark places, heartaches, and disappointments that will come to all our lives.

In those dark places we will find real treasures.  We will find things as these children have read, the treasures of the Word of God.  This is an anchor that when you get in the Word of God it is a treasure that God has and will answer prayer, “I don’t know how God will do this but whatever I can gain from this I want.” 

You and I have relatives that are in dark places in their lives.  It brings a real fear of God in our soul for people to be going on in darkness. There is a God that knows how to break in on those situations. It seems impossible except through God.

The hid treasures:  You and I will have times when no one knows but you and God.  You will be in that secret place and count the cost, “God I need you so bad.”  There is a humbling and a pouring out of our soul that only God knows about.  We go into that secret place and say, “God we need you.” 

I think of the Church of God in general, from what I gathered from the Figeroas and what they know of Miami and the Church in Cuba, I sensed an urgency for answers that will only come for the body of Christ in the secret places.

God has been wonderful to us as the church and has brought us a long ways.  We take the hymnal and see this in the testimonies written there. 

We as the church need to get ahold of whatever God would have for the church of God.  There will be times when God will take us by the hand and say, “There are some places and things that I want to give you faith to believe that I can open the gate, cut the bars of iron, and I can get that treasure of the darkness.”

We heard the prayer requests for precious souls.  There is no amount of money that compares to the price of a soul.  It does not matter who that soul is.  It could be a soul close to the end.  It could be a child.  It could be our neighbor. 

God will grant us the treasure in darkness when we are desperate before Him.  God will help us as a church that we have all the gifts that He not only wants to give us but also prepare us to use. 

Brother FIgeroa brought it so well, they prepared to sound.  There has to be a preparation.  You and I are the treasure that God is working with.  “We have this treasure in earthen vessels.”  We are the vessel that God is working with and He is ready to reignite, give afresh, there are diversities of gifts, we are never too old to receive more for all that God has done for us.

Isa 45:2  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
Isa 45:3  And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.
Isa 45:4  For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
Isa 45:5  I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
Isa 45:6  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

It is God that makes the light but He also allows the dark to be so dark.  He made light and he made darkness. 

Mat 16:17  And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 16:18  And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Mat 16:19  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

We will be visited by things through the week: thoughts, emotions, fears, or whatever it might be.  We can realize, this is not profitable to me spiritually.  We can bind it.  You may be among religious people.  The spirit of God will be there but there will be other spirits too.  We can bind it.

Jesus said, “I will give thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven.  Whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven.”  It is wonderful when God says, “I put the binders on it.”  You may be troubled by a thought, you have the power to bind it.

What so ever thou shalt loose on earth:  We are so blessed to have the promises of the word of God.  In your life loose the Word to work; loose the Spirit to work.  We need individuals with the gifts of help, of wisdom, of healing…  He is God.


We won’t take the thought, “I want this or that.”  We take the thought, “I am your servant, whatever you want to give to me to be used of you and of a use to the Body of Christ.  I want to be ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment