Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 7/12/15

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 7/12/15
Mar 10:13  And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.
Mar 10:14  But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:15  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
Mar 10:16  And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.

Even in Paradise there would be lots of children in church if they were not hindered by their parents.  Isn’t that a sad thing? 

I have told you how burdened I am as a grandparent.  I have been trying to learn how to reach them to be affective for the gospel.  I cannot pay their way through college.  That is not going to happen. 

I have been reading a book, the five languages of love.  I see in the scripture where Jesus put His hands on those children and blessed them.  I think that is one of the love languages of children, to get to Jesus and to feel Him. 

Jesus put His hands on those little children.  If we could get Oliver to Jesus, He would bless that little boy.  For Jesus to put His hands out and bless all the little children:  Doesn’t that stir you?  Pray for me.

Among the children that we want to reach is our own.  We want to reach the children of this congregation.  Now is the time to love them.  We want them to know that we love them. 

The testimony of many wayward children is, “In my head I knew that my parents loved me but they never showed it.  They were too busy, wrapped up in their own life.”  God help me.

Mar 10:17  And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

This individual had heard of Jesus.  He had an identity, “I am young and in all that is going on, I need to take care of the future.”

Mar 10:18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
Mar 10:19  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
Mar 10:20  And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
Mar 10:21  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Jesus loved him.  Let us pray for each other that souls will know that we love them.  We are not a society of nice people that dress modestly.  We are the church of God and we represent Jesus Christ. 

I am not so sure that I have full understanding on the phrase, “Take up the cross.”  We live in a society that has been this way since the days of Jesus.  People want everything that the world has to offer and have a strong thought, “I don’t want any pain in my life.  I want everyone to think that I am the greatest scholar, the greatest guy or gal, the greatest...”

Hold on.  When we serve God there will be those that will try to make our life miserable.  Do you think that this young man would not have pain traveling down the broad road?  There is a lot of pain on the broad way.  When young girls have children with the father wherever, you say there is no pain?

Women have their husbands leave them wanting to be young and thinking they are old.  They have gambled and lost.  They have gained pain.  I will take the cross any day. 

It could be that Jesus knew that He was going to the cross.  The cross of the Lord Jesus Christ and the preaching of the cross, the work that took place on the cross brings a great separation.  People that don’t believe in holiness or bible sanctification with a cleansing, don’t believe in the cross.

Why not take up the cross?  Jesus said to take up the cross.  This is our message, “Take the cross.”

The man was sad…

Mar 10:22  And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

We don’t know the end of this story.  I know a lot of people that had many things, that were great, and they lost it all.  There is not anything in this world that is so valuable as the cross.

Mar 10:23  And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
Mar 10:24  And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

If people are trusting in anything, they cannot enter the kingdom of God.  The only way they can enter is by confessing, repenting, and turning from their sin.

Mar 10:25  It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mar 10:26  And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
Mar 10:27  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

I don’t know who the richest man in Sanders County is, but if he will come the bible way, he can be saved.

Peter gave a good testimony.

Mar 10:28  Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
Mar 10:29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Mar 10:30  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

When He said, “Verily, I say unto you,” Jesus was saying, “This is a truth that is settled in heaven.” 

When we feel that we are like Peter, “We are leaving it all.  We are leaving this and that and something else…”  Jesus said, “When you lose these things you shall receive a hundred fold in this time and in the world to come eternal life.”

1Pe 4:9  Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

1Pe 4:15  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

I don’t call checking on other congregations.  I have a responsibility here.  I will not be a busy body. 

If you suffer some losses… we will.  None of us know if it will be our house, our lands, our money… if you suffer some losses for the kingdom of God’s sake, when those we love start giving us the long arm, we feel it. 

1Pe 4:19  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Commit the keeping of your soul to Him in well doing as unto a faithful Creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment