Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/3/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/3/15
Isa 6:1  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isa 6:2  Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
Isa 6:3  And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isa 6:4  And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

When Isaiah came into the temple of God, the presence of God was there.  Whenever I feel the presence of God, it is a very hallowed, wonderful time.  It is a special time where God has chosen to come and meet with me as an individual or we feel the presence of God as we gather together.

It was a time in history when the king had died.  Isaiah was stirred by God and he went into the temple.  There were angels there and they had six wings.  Two covered the face, two covered the feet.  They were moving around and were making the expression, “Holy, holy, holy.”

One of the very most blessed times when we come together to worship God in spirit and in truth is when the presence of God comes in a pronounced, strong way that it is as if we were feeling the angels move among us and the convicting power of God as to the holiness of God.

I have been moved upon by the thought of the effects of condemnation.  We live in a world where there is strong condemnation in men and women’s lives and it is affecting them in very detrimental ways.

The holiness of God does not bring condemnation, it brings conviction.  Everyone in this audience that are dealing with souls are dealing with individuals that are under strong condemnation.  That is what sin brings. 

All of us can remember prior to Bible salvation the condemnation, “I am lost, I failed...”  Often with that comes hopelessness, comes sickness, and comes a total wildness in individual’s lives.

God has designed a plan in the infallible ways of his plan, a cure for condemnation.

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We all have friends, relatives, and associates whose lives are under condemnation.  “I am convicted of sin and it brings condemnation in my life.”  Jesus came to actively condemn everything that brings condemnation and free us from it.

Everyone in this audience that reached an age of accountability knew that we had sinned and come short of the glory of God.  We knew that the wages of sin is death.  We understood that because of our life of sin.

Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

With the law there was much shedding of blood.  They would take a lamb and sacrifice it, but it didn’t bring a change in their life.  With Jesus there was a total new covenant and a change.  Under the Law they knew that they would go back to sin again.  Jesus came not only to give us a forgiveness of sin through His shed blood, but to give us a new heart and a new spirit where we no longer wanted to sin and we no longer lived in sin.

Sin always brings condemnation.  Oftentimes people go down the road of time until sin makes its impact on souls and at a young age they feel, “I am doomed and destined to live under condemnation and spend eternity in hell.”

I am so glad that Jesus came. 

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Jesus came and became the supreme offering for sin.  Jesus’ blood makes a reconciliation between you and me and God.  Every individual that comes and repents, turns from their sin, the affects of the shedding of the blood on the cross gives us an attitude to be right with God and with our fellow man.

The angels were saying, “Holy, holy.”  It is a wonderful thing to feel the holiness of God.  It is marvelous!  In verse 4 it says, the posts moved and the house was filled with smoke or His presence.

When the presence of God begins to deal with my soul and with others souls, things in our life begin to change.  There begins to be a moving of the posts of the door.  There is a change in our mind, and our attitude, “This that I thought was so important, with the angels of God I’m realizing that all my agendas that I thought were so important are not so important.  God is changing things around and I am realizing that what is important is that I find and do the will of God.”

God helped Isaiah to see that he had a great need.  For all of us that had saved mothers and fathers, we can thank God that we had them.  You may not have had a saved mother or father, but the church will be a mother to whosoever will.  You do have a Father and He is God.  He is the Father over all the children in the earth.

Isaiah said, “Woe is me.”  We have been made aware of the frailty of life.  We have lost mothers and fathers through death.  Our life becomes totally different.  That one that was always there is no longer there.  When that happens we are faced with the frailty of life. 

These are times that God has designed to work strongly in lives of both the saved and the unsaved.  Isaiah recognized his need.  The easiest thing in the world is to get help from God.  We may struggle to get into a position to get help, in our minds we have things that clutter and hinder us from getting help from God.

When the angels and the Holy Spirit of God witness that we have a need…, Isaiah said, “I am a man of unclean lips… for my eyes have seen the king.”

It is wonderful what God does for us when we recognize the need we have.  All last week I was among those that were praying for me.  I felt so needy before God.  I never once prayed and sought the face of God that He didn’t come.  He spoke to me, “My grace is sufficient.  Through Jesus Christ, I can do all things.” 

I have no questions in my mind this morning.  There wouldn’t be any adult in this audience that God doesn’t have great challenges for.  God has great things. 

I would like to get my wife and Brother Justin up here to sing, “There is no one great among us, we are nothing on our own.”  We believe the work of God is great and one soul getting saved is worth more than all the world.  We believe great things are in store for His church this summer 2015.  We come to God acknowledging how small and needy we are but we see Him acknowledging as Isaiah, “My eyes have seen the king.”

One of the angels came with a live coal that he had taken from the altar.  The live coal is the Word of God, “Is not my Word like a fire.”  Our needs are met when the Word of God is placed on the need.  I don’t know how many times it happened this last week. 

When we come to God with a need, He doesn’t come to us with a way-out philosophy of a man’s thoughts.  He comes to us with the Word of God.  After Isaiah’s need was met he heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send?”

There is a great call going out today, “Who will be saved, sanctified, and serve God with all their heart, mind, and strength.  I will step to the line and follow thee.  I will be true to thee.”

Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

Whom shall I send?  Isaiah answered and said, “Here am I.”  We live in a world that is designed to crowd God out of every life. 

For every saved man in this audience that chooses to take time for their children and be a real dad…  If your husband is not saved, then you take time for those children, have devotions with them, have them in Sunday school, vacation bible school, and youth revival, today is the day.

It is a wonderful thing when sisters choose to be godly wives, a good helpmeet to their husband.

Isaiah had been before God and was there having received help from God.  The question was asked, “Whom shall I send?”  Who will be willing to be different, to have God first in their life, to take the violent attack of the enemy and say, “I am not going to let it move me, but instead I am going to be violent against the enemy and follow Jesus Christ.”

There is a field of labor for everyone.  If you have children, your first field of labor is home.  If you are a grandmother or a grandfather, you have a designated mission field.  As family the bible says, “Hide not thyself from thine own flesh.” 

Isa 6:9  And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Isa 6:10  Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

He told Isaiah, “Go tell the people.”  He wanted Isaiah to know, “You are going to meet with resistance.”  There are those that would rather enjoy the pleasures of the world and feel, “I am rich and enjoying the tangible things of the world.” 

There will be those that don’t want to see, but go right on preaching.  There will be those that don’t want their ears anointed to hear, but there will be those that want to hear.

Isaiah asked, “Lord how long?”  Have you ever wondered, “How long?  I have worked, prayed, but I haven’t seen the repenting and confessing to God.”

Isa 6:11  Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,
Isa 6:12  And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

The thought is, “Never give up.  Love God, serve God, and take the message.” 

After God told him the worst, he came back with the best:

Isa 6:13  But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

Jesus said in Matthew 5, “Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.”  This morning our lives have been affected by what took place April 23.  Mother Mount slipped away into eternity.  She lived to be almost 90. 

With that God has drawn close to this minister.  He drew close to that audience yesterday.  He is in this audience this morning. 

If there is anything out of order in any life in this audience this morning, God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit of God comes and says, “I want to move this around over to here.”  If it is sin He says, “You need to confess your sins to me.”  There needs to be the definite experience, “God I need to get saved.” 

If you have battled carnality and part of you is pressing forward and another part is saying, “I don’t want to give up everything.”  You need to come and say, “I need to make some changes in my life.”  God wants a church that is totally sanctified.

If you have something as a priority that He wants you to put somewhere else, He will tell you.  “You need to move this over here.  When you put me first then I have a way of adding things.  When you put things first then you have a way of stumbling.”  God sends wake up calls to those that are saved, “Let’s get everything in order.” 

Perhaps there are those in this audience that feel God drawing you to a deeper consecration.  “You have measured to everything and have walked in the light, but this is May 3, 2015 and “I am calling you to deeper water, to a consecration that is deeper than I have called you before.” 

Karen and I have not attained, when God says “I am measuring out more ground.”  Then we want to step to the line.  God is not done yet.  He can measure out some more.  It is the same with everyone in this audience.  Our thought is, “Here I am Lord.  More than anything else I want you first in my life.  More than anything else, I want to live free from condemnation.”

Isn’t it wonderful that we have the wonderful message of not only victory over sin but also victory over self?


We want to give Him our best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment