Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/17/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/17/15
Pro 31:27  She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Our burden is to help us as the church realize our responsibility to help one another.  Sometimes events of life put us in a position where we feel that we are on our own in this journey.  If we as the church will function as God would have us to function, then everyone will know that they are loved and cared for.

Courtship and marriage are a journey and there are things that are unknown and a certain amount of risk.  There will be times when us as the church will take our heart cry to someone to try to be a help and it is very well received and other times we reach out to someone and they say, “I don’t need help.”

In Proverbs 31 it describes a virtuous woman.  The bible also speaks of men of valor.  The meaning is the same.  The Bible wants both the sisters and the brothers to be men of virtue and honor.

We live in a world where for centuries there have been those that have chosen to be men of valor or women of virtue.  There are also those that say, “I don’t want to do good in life.  I don’t want to be a father or a mother to my children.  I don’t want to have responsibility.  I want to live by sowing my wild oats.” 

I don’t think I have ever met anyone live with that attitude to their dying day, but I have met lots of them with regrets. 

Virtue means a miracle.  I want it real in my life, in my relationship as a brother, and as the family of God.  Many times we feel strongly the great need of instruction and help of one another.  That is a part of looking to the ways of one another. 

May is a difficult month for the church in Paradise.  As a church, God has entrusted us with virtue: the ability to handle the challenges of today.  The ability to edify.  We are thankful for the young couples that are here today.  I wouldn’t want them to make the mistakes that I made in my marriage. 

Virtue means ability.  God has entrusted us with the ability to accomplish everything that we need to accomplish.  You all know and understand the parable of the talents.  What God has given to you, use. 

I am preaching to a congregation that has been entrusted with a lot of things from God.  Unless we use them we become dormant, and sad but true many have lost what they once had because they didn’t use it to the honor and glory of God.

God has entrusted us with strength.  The thought of virtue is having strength.  I look upon us as the family of God.  I think of the thought of rescuing the perishing and the challenge of being the church of 2015.  We see Babylon playing: coffee carts in the church, party time, very little gospel, and a lot of playing.

We can still be the church set upon the hill.  The church that loves God and God comes down and meets with us.  People come and go and say, “I have met with God and received instruction.” 

My challenge this year is that we as the church and I as an individual will experience Zion in a greater way.  That sinners will be fearful in Zion.  That the Holy Spirit of God sends a realization to those individuals, “You have not measured.  You need to measure to the Word of God.”

God doesn’t want us playing church, but to have a purpose in our life.  God wants you young people to have a purpose in your life.  May God help me as the pastor and your parents as parents, and us as the church to encourage every individual to have a real purpose in your life: “I want to know God.  I want to be an example of the believers.”

As far as following the crowd, whether you are a child or a senior citizen, following the crowd is not the answer.  Following Jesus is the answer.

Pro 31:10  Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

You might say, “When I came to Jesus Christ, I had a colorful past.  When I came to Jesus repenting and confessing and turning from my sin.  Jesus forgave me of my sin, buried it in the depths of the sea, He cleansed my heart, wrote my name on the Lamb’s book of life, and started me on a journey to virtue.”  For Brothers the journey is to valor.

Her price is above rubies.  The value of the Church.  The church is not a building. 

Act 2:47  Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The value of the church is far above rubies.  It is the household and family of God.  The household puts much effort into being a household.  My wife and I both work so that we can have a home.  There must be effort put forth. 

Don’t try to teach, or preach, or sing, or testify if you don’t pray and seek God.  The value of a message or a song that is prayed out of heaven money cannot buy.  It is far above rubies.

“I think I can get by on my own.”  That is your thought.  The bible doesn’t teach that.  We need one another.

Pro 31:14  She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

There is no place on earth that God ordains to send messages out for the church to preach.  The old messages of DS Warner, FG Smith, or Emerson Wilson were good.  But don’t ever try to preach someone else’s message.  Those messages will be sounding brass and tinkling cymbal if they are not born out of heaven.

In Jeremiah the bible teaches us if we turn to God with all our heart, soul, mind, and desire that God will turn to us with all His heart, and with all His spirit.

Thank God we live in the Gospel Day where it is the desire of God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Ghost to open the windows of heaven to our soul.

Pro 31:15  She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

There is the night of the soul.  I haven’t visited with many people this last week or had many phone calls, but there will be times when you feel that it is a tough season of your life.  A couple weeks ago I had a phone call where one of the saints told me, “My heart is broken.” 

We have been entrusted with the thought that when a brother and sister is in a difficult spot we arise and say, “What can I say from God, what can I give from God?  There has to be food from heaven for that soul that is in a difficult spot.”

There is nothing like the dark night of the soul and someone calling and saying, “I have had you on my mind.  I am praying for you.”

We have to forget about ourselves.  As a pastor, I preach against knowing everything that is going on in everyone’s life.  We can’t be so calloused that we can’t call everyone that is here or absent and say, “I am praying for you.” 

You will not be rewarded with how things were received.  You will be rewarded for being faithful.  There are some people that are so starchy that they will never admit that they have a need.  Don’t let them hinder you from obeying God. 

Pro 31:16  She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

I want to preach on the thought of desiring a field of labor.  In the harvest field so ripe there is a work for all to do.  It might be your neighbor.  It could be anywhere else that God would choose.  It could be your classroom, it could be these little towns… the emphasis is to work with the soil until you can plant the Word of Life.

We are taught to be examples of the believers and we are taught to sow the seed.  Get your Bible out and have the seed of the Word of God to sow.  It is a powerful thing.

Pro 31:17  She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

Put on the whole armor of God.  Whatever God has convicted you of, when God shines light, “Son or God You need to measure here or there.  Son or daughter, walk in this light.”

If we don’t put on the whole armor of God we will not be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy.

Pro 31:18  She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

I don’t know what difficulties will come for you or what your trial will be, keep your lamp trimmed and burning. 

When it feels, “All I had hoped for is gone.”  America has the thought, “Youth has everything and let’s just take the old to a mountainside and let them die.”  No.  While you have breath you are of value.  Hold your testimony.  Keep your lamp trimmed and burning.  Walk in the light and hold your testimony with God.

Pro 31:19  She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Pro 31:20  She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

That man, woman, boy, or girl that doesn’t know the plan of salvation is poor.  Know how to explain the plan of salvation: that all have sinned; that Jesus came to save all. 

Know how to explain what condemnation does.  God doesn’t condemn us, it is the sins of our life that bring condemnation.  The reason that so many are sick, unhappy is because of condemnation.  The reason that so many are rude, crude, and ugly is condemnation.  They feel so terrible because of how they treated their children, their parents, their teachers… those that they should have been good to.

Condemnation produces hopelessness.  “I failed God.  I failed my fellow man.”  That is different than conviction.  There is an answer to our problems today, it is Jesus.

You and I cannot stick our head in the sand.  “I cannot say anything because someone will not like me.”  Heaven will not be yours because you won a popularity contest.  If you love someone then tell them the truth. 

Virtue reaches out to the poor and the needy.  We are all heartbroken when we think of a young man, a junior in high school, his mother died one day last week in the hospital.  You think of all his needs:  car, money, food, cloths… You know what his real need is, it is salvation.

If you have a lot of money, what I know of America today, put it to a good use.  But what he really needs is God.  Reach to the poor, the needy.  Not just those out of the church.  Sometimes it is your brother or sister on the next pew that needs a word of encouragement.

Pro 31:21  She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

God so marvelously ordained that there would be the garments of salvation and sanctification, the garments of humility.

Pro 31:25  Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

When God comes in He gives strength, honor, and rejoicing.

Pro 31:26  She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

Wisdom comes from God.  One of the fruits of the Spirit is kindness.

Pro 31:27  She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

Look well to the ways of the household, the body of Christ. 

I will never forget one time going to camp-meeting and seeing this pickup and camper pull up.  I got excited.  A dear sister said, “Young man be careful.”  That was before Karen.  I look back to the snare that was laid for me.  I wouldn’t be here or serving God this morning.  Children, can you be told and instructed? 

Parents teach your children to receive instruction.  Godly instruction.

You cannot help someone that you haven’t made deposits of love in their soul.  If there is someone that there is a gulf between you and them, build a bridge before you try to help them. 

Look well to the ways of your children.  My mind goes to the thought, “What will happen when you get a little older?”  Know how to encourage, God will take care of you.

My mother became a widow way too young.  My dad wasted his fortunes prior to salvation.  Thank God he got saved.  My mother had nothing.  They might have owned a little old house.  They had very little money.  My dad was a lumberjack.  God never failed her.

The night she died, the furnace quit.  It froze every one of the African violets.  Young people, let the church and your parents help you to look well to your ways. 

Moms and dads live so that you have discernment.  Live close to God so your children hear you pray.  I have a lot of wonderful memories of my mom and dad.  I thought as I was getting ready for today, “Oh if I could only hear my mother pray.”  I remember when I shut off my power saw as I was working in the woods, hearing my father pray.

Parents, grandparents live close to GOD.  Look well to the ways of her children.

Pro 31:28  Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

There is nothing as wonderful as brothers and sisters in Christ saying as Paul, “I thank God on every remembrance.”

Christ’s attitude toward His church:

Isa 62:3  Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.

They will be as a royal diadem in His hands.

We are living in a churchy world but it is a world that the Word of God has designed to cause God’s church to be as a city set on a hill.

The redeemed are a treasure in His hand.  How beautiful!  How much He cares for His own!

Jer 32:41  Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.

God’s attitude toward everyone that is saved is, “I am going to bless them.  I will open all my spirit and all my desire to them.  All the blessings that I can bless them with, I will gladly give to them.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment