Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/10/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 5/10/15
The questions of Bathsheba. 

This message is dedicated to the value of a Godly mother and the attributes of a Godly mother.

Pro 31:1  The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him.
Pro 31:2  What, my son? and what, the son of my womb? and what, the son of my vows?

Lemuel is another word for Solomon.  Here we see the thought, “What my son?”  Everyone in this audience was once a child.  We were once in the thought, “What will we do with our life?  What will be the important aspect of our life?  How will we plan our life?” 

It is not wrong to make plans.  The important thing is to seek God in the making of our plans. 

What my child your goals?  I’m sure Solomon’s mother had great convictions and desires.  She had a colorful past but she came to God and did her best to raise her son in the fear and admonition of the Lord. 

She had failed, but she got it right and wanted to keep it right.  She did not want her son to go into the sin that she had known.

“What are you going to seek in life?  What will be your goal?  How will you spend your life?”  These are vital questions.  Too many times people take off down the road of life and just see where it will lead them.  We have way too many examples of how dangerous that is.

We are blessed to have children and young married couples and everyone that is here this morning in this audience.

1Ti 4:12  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

As you age, youth takes on the thought, “You are still young at 30, 40 and brother Herb was in the convictions that you were still young at 50.” 

Let no man despise thy youth.  Everyone that is 40 years or younger, I trust God will help you to realize what an awesome privilege that you have to have the Word of God speaking to you.  “What am I doing here?  Why am I wasting time here, doing this or that?”  Remember David said, “Don’t forget God, remember God thy creator.”

Now Paul is saying, “Let no man despise thy youth. But be a good example in word.”

It is so important that we are an example in how we talk and what we talk about.  There are many avenues of getting thoughts to your mind.  You can live in a world of all the evil that is going on.  It will captivate your mind and your thinking.

You can live in a world of entertainment.  I believe in knowing how to really enjoy life, but don’t try to fix your soul with entertainment.  It will not work.  Only Jesus will satisfy your soul.

It is vital that you learn how to talk.  Your heavenly father has a real concern that you learn how to talk and what to talk about.  A standard for a sister is that the law of kindness is in your mouth.  He doesn’t want you to have a razor sharp tongue but to have discretion of what you talk about and where you talk about it.

As the Word and Spirit of God have taught us over and over, charity never fails.  You may be in an extreme difficult situation in your life and struggling with many things.  For those that feel they have gotten older or old, be an example of the Love of God in action.

Bathsheba said to Solomon, “What my son?”  I wonder if he was going back memories lane and reminiscing, “My mother taught me and instructed me.”

What the son of my womb?  Us brothers know what it is like to father a child but we don’t know what it is like to be a mother carrying a child.  Every day you are giving life to that child.  I believe Bathsheba was very concerned about this child that was going to be named Solomon.  Very concerned with his life and if he would live.

Be an example in charity.  You cannot out give God.  You cannot out love the Lord.  You can become rigid, paranoid, hard, and cynical; the spirit of our world will make you that way.  The love of God will not make you that way. 

We realize how much love we have received from God.  He sent His Son, and over and over His love comes to us. 

He sent us His Spirit.  We must each bring our body under subjection, “I bring my body under…”  We all make a choice of what spirit we submit to.  Submit to the Holy Spirit of God in every avenue of your life, to have the Holy Spirit of God leading, guiding and dwelling in you. 

She said to Solomon, “Thou son of my womb.”  Oh sons and daughters this morning.  To think first of the love of a natural mother.  We face today sometimes a child saying, “I don’t know whether my mother loves me.”  But you can know that the spiritual mother, the church, loves you. 

We thank God for godly mothers.  The mother carried the child, and prayed for the child.  Our times are so shaky.  The enemy is working to destroy anything that is of eternal value.  Brother Davis said at the passing of his mother, “No one could pray for me like my mother.” 

In the world we live people say, “Everything is great.  My son is a doctor, the other a lawyer, and my daughter is a teacher.  Everything is great.”  Ok, but how is it spiritually?

In faith being an example.  I will believe God.  I am not just going to look at the visuals.  I will look to God and say, “I am going to believe God.  I will have faith in Him.”

Children believe God and know that He will always do what He has promised.  No good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.

True friends are found among them that love God. The deep places that are found are in the hand of God.  There are reasons why there are deep places, it is so God can come and say, “I am still God.”

There are a lot of things going on in the world today and things may not have worked out like you wanted, but remember the deepest places belong to God, and if you will be His child then He will be there.

In purity.  There is nothing like a pure mind.  Whether you are my age or the age of the youngest child, purity is wonderful.  You may say, “I have already messed up purity.”  It just depends if you want to stay messed up.  We serve a God that performs miracles.  One of the miracles that He performs is giving virtue.  His name is wonderful and that means a miracle.

All have sinned and come short of the glory of God and we would all say to these children, “Keep your mind pure.” 

You may have messed up your life and gotten involved in many things.  But we serve a living God whose name is wonderful.  He will change you from where you are to where He wants you to be.
Paul, the man that wrote this to Timothy, beat up the saints, but He got a hold of God.

“Till I come give attendance to reading.”

Read the bible.  Read things that edify and build up.

Do you know how to encourage someone?  You say, “I think that I am the one that needs encouragement.”  That is the problem, you are focused on yourself.  God has the strength of the mountains.  If you are sick and tired of the hole that you are in, then head to God.

“I almost feel that I am going to drown in this hole.”  Get your eye on the mountain where there is strength.  Get on that mountain and get an anointing until you can pray and encourage someone else.

Son of my vows:  Parents pray for your children, vow to teach them the Word of God.  I visited a 24 year old man that is religious.  He is married and has a child that is about 2 years old.  I said, “Mother’s Day is coming up and it is vital that you wish your wife a happy mother’s day.”  I asked him if he knew what it said in Proverbs 31:10-31?  He said, “I have never heard of Proverbs 31.”

It is vital that we get this word of God out. 

Psa 119:9  BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Young ladies how you can be perfected and have your life blessed is by taking heed to the Word of God.

1Ti 4:12  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
1Ti 4:13  Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
1Ti 4:14  Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

To doctrine:  we need to know the Word of God.  By the truth is the only way that an individual will be free.

Neglect not the gift that is in thee:  To everyone that is saved, you need to know what you are called to do.  You need to then be very busy doing what you are called to do.  There are no inactive members of the body of Christ. 

When we come to Christ repenting and turning from our sin, we become a member of God’s church and of the Body of Christ.  God has a job for every member in His church.

Meditate, give thyself:  Take heed to thyself:  as Bathsheba said to her son, “What son of my womb, of my bowels?” 

Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh 6:63  It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Joh 7:16  Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
Joh 7:17  If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

The mother experience:  you mothers could exhort, I really couldn’t.  I know a little bit about Moses’ mother.  She lived in a day that babies were murdered.  She had a son and called him Moses.  She had a plan.

Mothers, be spiritual so that God can give you a plan for your son and your daughter.  Children need someone that has an identity with God to be an example to them and to pray for them.

Hannah wanted a baby.  How she longed for that child!  “This child have I given back to God.” 

My mother was saved after the death of her brother.  God taught her Bible sanctification and consecration.  She realized, “I need everything on the altar.”  Her husband was unsaved.  My father, prior to salvation, was not the easiest man to live with.  I know this because I know that his youngest son Gary is not.  My mother in her consecration told of putting my daddy on the altar. 

Her firstborn: my wife has a beautiful picture of my mother and her firstborn.  My mother told of consecrating her firstborn to God.  Moms give your sons and daughters back to God.  Vow to Him, “I am going to pray for this son and daughter.  I am going to love them and remind them of the vows that I made to God.”

I believe that the vows of Bathsheba echoed in the ears of Solomon.  He wrote this under the conviction that he had a godly mother. 

My mother put her second son on the altar, the son she loved and cared for.  She told of placing him there.  Give yourself some time for your consecration.  Don’t hurry.  Do it so you know they are there.  My mother prayed for a child after Joanne. 

Then came Gyme.  She told of getting him on the altar.  There were tears.  She had a prayer baby.  While she prayed for her children, she prayed for herself, “My vow to you is that I will do my best to train them.”

My mother was as strict with Jack as she was clear down to me.  In her tears, she visited my brother in jail.  Sin did not treat my brother well.

Then she had Joanne.  She carried that baby and nourished that baby with her life’s strength.  If you have a mother, tell her that you love her.  Mom loved those children.  She loved Joanne.  I believe that she did her very best.  She got Joanne on the altar. 

I don’t know if I was hardly able to walk when she put me on the altar.  Knowing my mother, she didn’t leave any stone unturned.

The vow of a godly mother, the vows during pregnancy, the vows during birth.  Your parents love you very much and are going to draw good lines for you.  They will be as Bathsheba, “Don’t make the mistakes that I made.  I know what is out there that wants to ruin special lives.”  When your mom and dad say, “No.”  Then don’t say “Why?”  Say, “Thank you.”

They may say, “I want you to have friends, but I am uncomfortable with the spirit of that young person.”  Say, “Thank you. I don’t see it but I am young.”

When they say, have devotions, or have you sought counsel?  Say, “Thanks.”

In the early seasons when the little ones are so teachable, the little children say, “Daddy can I do it with you?”  You think, “It only takes three times longer when you do it with me,” but you tighten your lips and think, “Someday they will be the technician that I am not.”  You say, “Sure son.”

The tender seasons when you talk to that little boy or girl and they cry; you say, “You didn’t treat your brother right.”  And tears begin to fall.  You say, “You were wrong.” They pucker up and tears begin to fall.  That is a wonderful season.  Love them.

Then they come to another season.  Sometimes it is a troubling season.  The world will make a strong call for their life.  They will say, “I am not going to let the world mess up my life.”  I want to tell you it is a troubling season.  I feel that you are too young for the choices that you will have to make. 

During those troubling seasons, keep the door open.  Know how to communicate.

There are times when our children have special needs.  There is not any season in a child’s life that is not really important to them.  If you have a son or daughter that is struggling in school, that is faced with a bully, or that is angry way too young, take it serious.  When they have a need, it is a special need. Pray, seek God and let them know that you care.

Pro 31:10  Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

Who can find a virtuous woman?  Who can find a man of valor?  It is a miracle, it is an individual with ability and strength, with meaning, with character. 

Have character.  Virtue is a miracle from God.  The Bible teaches us that a virtuous woman and a man of valor fears God.  What does it mean to fear God?  If there is anything in your life that is between you and God then the fear of God says, “Take care of it now.” 

It is not the fear that God will get a bat and beat you, not the fear that “Because of this I am going to go out and wreck.”  No, it is “Because you made me…”  I think it is a miracle that I can walk.  What a miracle!  I can read.  Every morning so far I have been able to get up and read.

The fear of God is this:  He made me.  We wouldn’t resent it if we had people come into this audience in wheel chairs.  But none of you younger and none of you older saints are in wheel chairs.  God has been really good.

This morning in this audience I would assume every husband and wife are one, but if you have let things come that has made a little difficulty in your marriage, fear God and get it worked out.

You parents and you children, do your best to work together.  The Bible says, “Children obey your parents.  Children love your parents.  Children serve God.”

The bible says, “Parents provoke not your children to wrath.”  Be a settled individual.  Have laws of the home that don’t change. 

If you feel you have failed your child, repent.  You can have virtue just like that.  Virtue means strength.  A virtuous woman and a man of valor fears God.

Who can find a virtuous woman?


No comments:

Post a Comment