Thursday, November 6, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/5/14

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 11/5/14
Isa 6:1  In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

The heart cry of God’s people is that God would be in our midst. 

I was thinking more on the abomination that I preached on Sunday.  There is nothing sadder than the abomination of desolation.  There is nothing sadder than God not being in the service. 

Uzziah had been a good king, but he died.  In all the changes that come in life, God remains the same.  May God help us, not in the fact of not appreciating one another or being an independent, but to realize that God is going to remain, and He is going to remain on the throne.

We understand in the gospel day that Jesus is set on the right hand of the Father.

Isaiah saw the Lord on his throne, high and lifted up.  His train filled the temple.  His presence went over the entire temple.  We are very blessed to have visitors come into our midst, to have children in the congregation, to have one or two in college in our service on Sunday. 

We are very blessed to have the presence of God.  The House of God is altogether different than any school function, and different then getting together for treats or coffee or visiting.  As we look at the scripture we see that it is very important that God is here in a strong way.

It is important that we all do whatever is there for us to do so that when we are in the house of God the very presence of God fills the whole place.

Isa 6:2  Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
Isa 6:3  And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

There were a number of angels saying to each other, “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory and His presence.” 

We want people to feel welcome in the house of God.  But we don’t want to just be a society.  We want the place to be as if we can feel the presence of God and can hear an angel saying, “Holy,” and another angel saying, “Holy,” and then another angel saying, “Holy.”

God is a holy God and holiness is a privilege.  It takes being transformed and a total change to be holy.  That is why Jesus came.

Isa 6:4  And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

The presence of God was there so strong that Isaiah saw in this vision, He saw things moving.  I believe the presence of GOD causes people to come into a spirit of reverence that they recognize that “God is in this place; not only is He concerned about this time world and my life, but also for my soul and for eternity.” 

The effect of the presence of God:

Isa 6:5  Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

We don’t want to be under a spirit of trying to put others under condemnation.  I want to have more faith in God’s people and more faith in God than thinking that since Sunday morning everyone has backslid.  I believe you love God and take care of your soul.

There is the vitalness of having the presence of God so real in our services, that if an individual has a need, their mind is not able to go to something else in our service.  Time and again their mind goes somewhere else and they are able to leave without their getting their need met.

There is one thing that brings intense conviction and that is the presence of God.  Probably everyone in this audience can say, “I know what it is to feel intense conviction, to step into the house of God and feel like Isaiah expressed, “Wo is me.””

It is vital that people get their needs met when God is dealing with them.  We would have a tough time dealing with the cries from hell of people that God dealt with.  Gary Thompkins called me and told me that he wanted to talk to me.  I said, “I’ll come now.”  He said, “No, some other time.”  There will now never be another time. 

When someone is under conviction, pray with them.  Help them to seek after God and start praying.  If they really want to serve God, they will pay the price.

Can you imagine being undone, and going out into the night unprepared.  Can you imagine taking off somewhere without those things that you are going to need.  I grant you that those three sisters that headed to Coeur d’Alene checked the gas tank.

The Spirit of God caused Isaiah to realize that he had a need.  If God shows a need, He is able to save, sanctify, take the agenda, or free you.

Isaiah said, “I am a man of unclean lips.”  One of the ways that people get a lot of spots on their garments is from their lips.  They say anything about anyone.  They just take off.  May God help me; may I be so convicted.  I don’t want any spots on my garment.

One thing was right among the things that were wrong, “Mine eyes have seen the king.”  When we see God we know that He is ready to meet every need.

Isa 6:6  Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

When God gives us His Word, when He begins to work, He works in an intent and thorough way.  There is no halfhearted way with God.  When Isaiah saw his case and acknowledged, “I see Jesus.”  One of the angels took a coal from the altar that was so hot that they had to use tongs.

Isa 6:7  And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Isa 6:8  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

God has something to say to me and God has something to say to you.  However happy you are with your circle of comfort, God is going to speak and He has something for you to do.  It may not be that He says what I think, but He will speak.  He will have a job and a place for you to be in.

Don’t you love the response of Isaiah?  He said, “Here am I, Send me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment