Friday, February 28, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 2/26/14



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 2/26/14
Luk 11:1  And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

We have been praying, and we are glad that we have been praying.  We have been worshipping God, but anything that God will reveal and teach us, we want it.  It is not about us, it is about Him and knowing how to do His perfect will.

Luk 11:2  And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Luk 11:3  Give us day by day our daily bread.
Luk 11:4  And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

As best we can, it is important that we remember people’s names.  There are people that really like you to pronounce their names right.  Jesus taught us that when we pray to realize this terminology is not just flippant, “Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”

It is wonderful to be saved tonight and we thank God for all that we have been taught about prayer.  We need the Holy Spirit to teach us and to bring things back to our memory.

How few have the kingdom of God: righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Thy will be done:  It is a beautiful expression that God left with us.  The will of God is always best.  Most of us have lived long enough and have been taught this lesson more than once.

It is wonderful that we know about devotions; we must have food from heaven. 

It is vital that realize, “God keep me away from temptation; help me to gird up the loins of my mind.”

Then Jesus began teaching the value of importuning for a need:

Luk 11:5  And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves;
Luk 11:6  For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?
Luk 11:7  And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee.
Luk 11:8  I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.

We see the setting, a man had company come and he had nothing to serve them.  The hour was late but he knew a friend that had the resources that he needed.  It was not the thought that the friend didn’t want to supply the need.  The thought was, “This is not a convenient time.”

Jesus gave us this visual or word story so that you and I can kind of grasp it. 

We are dealing with a God that is able to do clear past what you and I have thought.  There is one thing that you and I can rest assured of, when we seek God with all of our heart, God has what is needed to work conviction on souls and bring them to a position of, “I need to get saved now.”

God knows how to help men and women to feel the urgency.  Ask, “God you know how to work with our son-in-laws and our daughters.”  God knows how to work with our family.  God can speak to souls.  He is God.  You and I, every one of us here tonight, are undoubtedly in multi situations where we need God to move. 

As long as there is an individual that you are burdened for that is unsaved, we need God to move in a mighty, mighty way.  Just because it was not a convenient time for the man to get up and get the bread to give to him, he didn’t stop. 

Never give up.  It may look black and bleak, they may have made statements: “I’m never going to do this or that.”  It is just hot air.  When God begins to deal with a soul, things begin to transpire.

God has a way of sending an overwhelming scourge.  I believe that is the Holy Spirit going out and working.  It has a way of going to precious souls and causing them to realize that they are lost and undone.  “All the things that are standing in the way of me getting saved are only mountains that I have created.” 

Because of his importunity, he will arise and give him as much as he needs.  In my personal life, I pray first, “God give me a revival.”  I pray for souls that need to be saved.  The Holy Spirit of God can quicken us.  I believe that is a part of intercessory prayer, that you and I feel the reality that they are going to be lost forever. 

When it comes to salvation, it is something that must be obtained in this lifetime.  Other opportunities may be lost.

When it comes to God and the need needs supplied, we have this very open statement, “Ask.”  It is not limited to just someone being saved, it can be for your spiritual, emotional, or other needs.

We are instructed to come boldly to the throne of grace.  If you are facing a situation and God convicts you, “Son or daughter, spend time with me because you are going to need a very special grace.”  If that is the case, I would ask, seek, and knock.

God I am not willing to be lacking in my spiritual life without temperance, patience or a soul burden.  God you have something better for me than me getting all fired up spiritually and then cooling off.  We want to keep the revival fire burning everyplace we go.  We don’t want to let anything crowd it out. 

There will always be more than you can get done, there will always be things drawing your mind here and there and somewhere else.  We are seeking something that is of spiritual significance to you and to me. 

Daily we are faced with “God I need to ask, I need to seek, I need to knock that I will have something from you for whomever you lead me to today.”  Something real from God!

Luk 11:9  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Luk 11:10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

This is a promise.  “For every one that asketh receiveth.”  May God help us to ask.  Ask specifically, definitely.  Not general, “God help me to be what you’d have me to be.”  Get specific.  He has been very specific.

Luk 11:11  If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
Luk 11:12  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
Luk 11:13  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

The father is out to give the very best to us. 

We want to train our mind so that when we are agreeing in prayer we are not thinking of the wood that needs chopped or the care that is idling. 

Galatians 3:28 teaches us in oneness with Christ.  When he is dealing with a soul, I want to be right there praying and working the best I can in oneness with Christ.

Importuning and keeping focused in importuning. 

Pray for one another.  Pray for me and let’s pray for each other.  We have a congregation that needs miracles and we want those miracles.  Pray that the Lord of Harvest will send laborers into His harvest.

The lost: there is a population of 270,000 people in the coldest city of the world.  I wondered, are there prayer meetings there.  Are there saints there? 

There are people on the beaches where it hot and it doesn’t satisfy.

Pray for the rest home.  As best you can, learn all their names. 
Pray for the boy’s ranch.  Pray for the saints as they go, before they go.
Pray for our families.  Anyone that is not saved, sanctified, and on fire for God are in bad shape.
Pray for precious souls wandering in Babylon.  From the fellow that wrote the song, “Prone to wander.”  His testimony is that he backslid.  When people wander, they wander out of the way.
Pray that souls get saved and filled with the Holy Spirit.  If you want to get stirred, study on those that get saved and then refused to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
Pray for revival in the pastor.  I am not too old to be revived.  Pray for revival in the congregation and revival in Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment